PDA

View Full Version : It's official! It's MINE!!

yeller
03-24-2006, 12:06 PM
04 22' Anniversary Ed! :beer: :yippie:

Can't believe I actually got it! It's going to Vancouver, Canada. It's the 90mph one that was listed on Ebay. That brings the grand total (that I know of) of Vancouver 22's to 3. A Blackhawk, Aronow Ed. and an Anniversary. I had planned on buying Ismac0's boat but I couldn't confirm the financials until Feb and he sold it a week before I was able to get it.:bawling: I figured I'd have to wait till fall to get a deal on one and then probably not an Anniversary. I never cared for the all yellow boats when I first saw them, but they slowly grew on me. Now it's almost my favourite. (Blueliners is still on the top of the list)

I hated to have to buy on Ebay because I didn't have time to get it checked out. So now I have my fingers crossed that it's everything they said it is. At least with the price I got it for, I have a few $ left in the budget for repairs/upgrades. Now I'm wrestling with how to get it. Don't know if I should ship it, go get it myself, or put it in storage till the weather is better and get it then....???

At least now I won't feel like a bastard child on this site. (My current boat is a 16C copy :redface: )
Also, my screen name is more suitable :biggrin:

McGary911
03-24-2006, 12:17 PM
Congrats!!! That sounds like a bada$$ boat. Post the ebay link so we can at least see some pics. It should still work.

Maybe use sone of that saved money to have someone tow the boat north for you. I'll bet you want to get your hands on it sooner rather than later. Where is it coming from? I'm sure someone on the board can put you in touch with a reputable hauler.

Pismo
03-24-2006, 01:04 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Donzi-22-Classic-40th-Anniversary-Pro-Charger-90MPH_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ31271QQitemZ46215 21732QQrdZ1

Pismo
03-24-2006, 01:07 PM
It's a beauty.

p729lws
03-24-2006, 01:51 PM
I hated to have to buy on Ebay because I didn't have time to get it checked out. So now I have my fingers crossed that it's everything they said it is. At least with the price I got it for, I have a few $ left in the budget for repairs/upgrades. Now I'm wrestling with how to get it. Don't know if I should ship it, go get it myself, or put it in storage till the weather is better and get it then....???

I wouldn't be crossing my fingers on a $33K boat deal. I'd check out the boat and its documentation and be prepared to take possession of it when transferring the funds even if that means flying down there, running it on the hose, watching your transportation company load it up and flying back home. You're only committed to this deal if it's in the condition advertised.

Having said that, she looks sweet :party: Congratulations!!!

Dan

joseph m. hahnl
03-24-2006, 04:44 PM
Yeller: you betta bring a box of depends your first time out with her!
mabe a roll a charmin too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:puke:

joe

Dr. Dan
03-24-2006, 07:49 PM
:smash: Congratulatins, Nice Looking Ride! One of my favorites.

Just a suggestion, I would take the extra money and invest in full hydraulic steering....I can tell ya... if that steering busts loose over 50 you'll be a new convert to any religion of choice.:beer:

After our recent repower its something always on my mind while driving... our boat does not go 90mph, but it does run like a scalded dog. And the next "Major Addition" to our ride is the New Drive that will have the Hydraulic Steering.

Beautiful Boat... I would definitely fly over and check it out... there are alot of ways to get it home... but none better than to get it yourself. It'll be a hell of a trip. But Interstate 80 isn't too bad... you're gonna want a cover for it eventually too.

I have a www.coverquest.com cover, many other selections as well, I would suggest the Sunbrella Fabric which ever route you go.

Good Luck

Doc :spongebob

yeller
03-24-2006, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Doc, I know what your saying...picking it up myself...hydraulic steering.
I'd like to get it myself but the problem is I don't know if I can get a proper vehicle. I just sold my truck and all I have access to right now is a 91 F150 with over 250,000mi on it. Still contemplating that option though. Wouldn't have thought twice about it 20yrs ago, but now I'm older and supposedly wiser.:rolleyes:
I do plan on getting steering. The lack of steering is well documented in another thread. That said, there are alot of guys out there running 75mph without it. 75 is still dangerous if the stock steering lets go. I also want to get a forged rotating assembly for the motor. The SC didn't add any value to the boat for me. All I saw was a potential engine disaster.
A cover is one of the first things I'll get. Definately Sunbrella. Reasonably strong but soft enough not to scratch. Won't be buying though...I used to do upholstery professionally and still have the sewing machine...custom made all the way :yes:

As far as the first ride goes....I've already packed 6 pair of underwear and a box full of Wet Ones :p

Carl C
03-24-2006, 08:49 PM
That's an awesome boat. Congrats. Is the motor a stock 496 with a procharger attached or was it beefed up? Maybe you could limit the boost for durability and still run low 80s.:yes: :cool:

b.guggenmos
03-24-2006, 08:57 PM
Congrats on the purchase. I am one of the Brian's from last year at Chelan which I am sure you would love to forget, especially the rough part. I had a 88 Testarossa Edition 22 and did not even really know what it was at the time. The 22 will feel huge compared to your jet. Have you read the thread on the trip to Lake Powell in June? Would be awsome for a boat like yours.I am going to be in Nebraska for a family reunion that weekend or we would take Brian's 22 down there. Hope you figure out to get it home. Keep us posted. Brian
Ooops. Just saw on the events and gatherings thread you are already set for Lake Powel.

penbroke
03-24-2006, 09:10 PM
Nice ride!! :yes: Good luck with her.

Frank :lightning

Carl C
03-24-2006, 10:13 PM
There is a good article in the April "Hot Boat" about 496 hop-ups. There is a section about ProChargers. I'll quote the article. "ProCharger has four models for the 496; two for the 496Mag, and two for the 496 mag HO. The 496 Mag is available in two boost ranges; 3.5 psi (550 HP) and 5.0 psi (590 HP). The Mag HO also has the same boost levels, but developes more power; the 3.5 psi(580 HP) and 5.0 psi (625 HP). " It says to expect to pay between $6,000 and $8,000 for the kit. I think I'd put in a set of forged pistons and maybe a steel crank though. They sure have me thinking.:hyper:

Carl C
03-24-2006, 10:41 PM
[QUOTE=yeller The SC didn't add any value to the boat for me. All I saw was a potential engine disaster.
[/QUOTE]Let me know if you want to swap motors for a reliable one season 496 HO with 30 hrs.!:)

thriller
03-24-2006, 10:48 PM
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Welcome to the 22' World

yeller
03-24-2006, 11:01 PM
Nice try Carl...:rlol:
Personally, I don't think any stock 496 should be SC'd. I'm hoping the motor holds out for this season and next winter I'll put in an entire forged rotating assemble and stronger valves.

Brian, to bad you can't make Powell. Looks like an awesome lake...should be a blast! Hasn't been much intrest in the Chelan post this year, guess it's getter overshadowed by the Powell event. Still I'd like to go there again this year.....this time I'm going to the end no matter what. :biggrin.:

Hey Thriller...glad I could finally join the ranks! We'll have to hook up this year and get blueliner then zip across and get Lenny. I still want a ride in your Blackhawk, I love those boats. BTW...I was the guy that told your buddy that someone hit your boat last year at the poker run. Was hoping to meet you then, but you had SPEED on your mind and had to go:outtahere

Ed Donnelly
03-24-2006, 11:59 PM
Wow; We nearly lost a Canadian 22'. Good to see it is back in Canada.
Its a good thing all these fast 22' Donzi's are 3,000 miles away from me.
You are in good company out there....Ed

Pismo
03-25-2006, 09:27 AM
Yes, there are issues with charged 496s so the forged rotating assembly is a great idea. Read up on the valve train as well while your at it and see if it needs upgrading too while in there. oso is the best resource for this.

joseph m. hahnl
03-25-2006, 09:43 AM
HOW TO GET HER?: rent a Uhaul one way and she'll be in your drive way before you no it.Shipping is way overboard on boats(pun) what you save in getting it youself is a plane ticket to be seen and inspected first hand before any money is exchanged.

joe

yeller
03-25-2006, 12:36 PM
Boat used to be in Quebec, purchased from The Aqua Toy Store. Guy traded it in on a Fountain. Now it's going to the better part of Canada...right ED:wink:
Definately going to upgrade the valves. That's what worries me the most. Usually it's the valve that breaks 1st.
Already checked the Uhaul idea. One way trips are pricey.

Checked out a guy that'll tow to Seattle WA for $1mi. He has plenty of liability insurance and is fully registered. I just have to get my own cargo insurance. Boat's picked up on Friday 31st.

Cuda
03-25-2006, 05:11 PM
Congratulations, that's a helluva buy I think. I wouldn't worry a bunch about the cast internals. It seems the people in the know say today's cast parts are better than yesteryears forged parts. I'd definetly go with the hydraulic steering. Just a note, Catch 22 showed me his gps recall from today, 90 mph in a pro charged 454 mag! :eek!: :cool:

Cuda
03-25-2006, 05:12 PM
I told Buizilla today at Mt Dora what you bought that boat for. He said that's exactly what he was thinking of getting.

Carl C
03-25-2006, 05:41 PM
I'd upgrade the exhaust too if it is stock. You're packing a lot more fuel/air into the motor, now you need to let it out. Ya gotta love the bottomless money pit of boating!:p

Ed Donnelly
03-25-2006, 06:24 PM
Yeller; Yes I have to admit the weather was much warmer when I lived in North Van.as opposed to Toronto. Now, if you could just get rid of those bloody mountains....Ed

Lenny
03-25-2006, 11:26 PM
Yeller, .CONGRATS !!! :) :) :)

I do believe I have officially started a "movement" from a miniscule beginning 6years ago here. :D

I would fly there, look at it, pay for it and have it shipped A-1 Boat Transport to Peace Arch crossing where you meet it. Even easier is to get it dropped off at Semi-a-moo or Bellingham. Call me if you need help.

...and as for this...
As far as the first ride goes....I've already packed 6 pair of underwear and a box full of Wet Ones ... no worries, Mike or I (or both) will run wit cha. No worries, it is all good until the 70+ kicks in. That is when you will really need to get your brain on board. Call either of us. We will be all over it :D

250-474-4005

Lenny :)

Gonna be a fun Summer :yes:

yeller
03-26-2006, 03:19 PM
... Just a note, Catch 22 showed me his gps recall from today, 90 mph in a pro charged 454 mag! :eek!: :cool:
Holy crap! Was the motor built, or is it stock inside? I was thinkin mine really isn't a 90 boat, more like mid 80's.

I told Buizilla today at Mt Dora what you bought that boat for. He said that's exactly what he was thinking of getting.
Cuda, not entirely sure what your trying to say here...was Buizilla looking at the boat?

I'd upgrade the exhaust too if it is stock. You're packing a lot more fuel/air into the motor, now you need to let it out.
I know what your trying to do, Carl. I wouldn't swap ya motors, so now your trying to get me to go bankrupt so I'll have to sell. So that's the way it's gonna be, huh. :fire: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Hey Ed, those aren't mountains, that's the Great Wall of BC. We built that to keep the flatlanders out :rlol:

Thanks Lenny. Definately going to phone ya. Need some info on the trailer import.

Once again, thanks to everyone for the kind words. Really looking forward to the Lake Powell event and meeting some of you. Next year were going to try very hard to make it to AOTH!

Glen

Cuda
03-26-2006, 03:36 PM
Cuda, not entirely sure what your trying to say here...was Buizilla looking at the boat?

He was saying he was thinking of getting a 22 Classic, and I told him about the one you bought. He knew exactly which boat I was talking about, and said that would fit him exactly. It would also fit me fine. :)

yeller
03-26-2006, 03:53 PM
He was saying he was thinking of getting a 22 Classic...
Well I'm glad he was still thinking not bidding...I wasn't willing to go much higher. :)

Garrbo
04-14-2006, 10:26 PM
wow thats gota give u a woddy! its got a trailer too no? just go get it

cday@crescentschool.org
04-14-2006, 11:24 PM
the all yellow has grown on me too!! there is just something about it!!! the lines on this boat, like all Donzi's, are very nice. You should be very thrilled about this purchase not many people get to enjoy such a beautiful boat.

Lenny
04-15-2006, 12:55 AM
NICE...

...simply nice...

...FINALLY, we have CANADA on the map and a few nice DONZI's...

Thanx all, Scot Van A, and all the rest... :yes:

Cheers, have a GREAT SPRING and SUMMER.

Lenny... ( what a fun one this will be... :D )

boldts
04-16-2006, 07:13 PM
Hey Canada,

Was talking with the Midwest Donzi sales rep about AOTH and he mentioned that someone up there holds a gathering that brings about 40 Donzi owners to the gathering. I'll have to ask the name of the guy running it, but thought maybe one of you know about this? I don't think he was talking about 1000 Islands, but who knows. Seems he was thinking we should get both groups together and really call it a shinding. We just need to find a lake in between the 2 groups that could accomidate 80 plus boats and their owners. Might be tuff to get our Southern contingent to tow to Canada, but who knows....

Anyone been to this Canada gathering or know of it?

blackhawk
04-16-2006, 07:52 PM
I was thinkin mine really isn't a 90 boat, more like mid 80's.

Yeller, if the boat is set up for 3.5 lbs of boost it should run mid 80s. With 5 lbs of boost I would guess you would be knocking on the door of 90! Either way that's flying.

If the motor is stock I would run it at 3.5lbs of boost. Still makes great power and less stress on the cast internals. There are a lot of stock/nearly stock 350 mags out there that are running strong with prochargers. If and when you beef up the internals you can run more boost. :yes: Make sure you have at the mimimum fuel pressure, boost and oil temp guages added.

Setup is key to good performance and a long life with a procharger! :D

I would invest in FULL hydraulic steering first. I wouldn't even bother with exhaust. Just my $.02.

boxy
04-16-2006, 08:11 PM
Hey Canada,
Was talking with the Midwest Donzi sales rep about AOTH and he mentioned that someone up there holds a gathering that brings about 40 Donzi owners to the gathering. I'll have to ask the name of the guy running it, but thought maybe one of you know about this? I don't think he was talking about 1000 Islands, but who knows. Seems he was thinking we should get both groups together and really call it a shinding. We just need to find a lake in between the 2 groups that could accomidate 80 plus boats and their owners. Might be tuff to get our Southern contingent to tow to Canada, but who knows....
Anyone been to this Canada gathering or know of it?

Scott, why wouldn't you think it is the 1000 Islands Run ?????

Unless Lenny knows of a large gathering on the West coast, I'd say he was talking about the Sound of Thunder. Jim Cascadden is the factory rep that takes care of the upper half of North America I think, and Frank and I spoke to him last year at the 1000 Islands Poker Run about the SOT, and I've talked to the Pride of Muskoka's Marina about it.

I don't know why you'd think it would be tough to get the Southern contingent to the 1000 Islands, Poodle has been here twice.... :D