PDA

View Full Version : Possible Sale of my rebuilt 88 Z33 (Also, windows or no windows??)

TEAMPSI
03-22-2006, 10:24 AM
Hello Everyone and how are you... I am in the middle of a total rebuild on my 1988 Donzi Z33. You can see the boat anytime at Yacht Doctors in St Pete Florida.

At this point:

- The transom has been totally rebuilt... brand spanking new and uncut.
- All new gellcoat!!!!!!!! Updated with white gellcoat on the bottom then Imola Yellow on the sides... top and cabin was also resprayed
- Brand new aluminum tripple trailer with disk breaks all the way around!!!!! Zero time on the trailer!!!! Cost me 5K new!!!

The hard work has been done here fellas... Now, the interior needs to be recovered and cabin cleaned up. Needs motors and drives but that is about it. If your interested please let me know... They should be done with the exterior by next Friday.... at that point I'll upload some pictures.

Also, they have not sprayed the Yellow sides yet, but have completed everything else... I have been throwing around the idea of filing in the 4 port windows (2 on each side) with fiberglass... What do you guys think???? Most of the sport boats of today do not have any windows on the side... maybe it would up date the body???? Thanks and let me know what you guys think.

Q

TEAMPSI
03-22-2006, 10:39 AM
Here is a "photoshop" version of CaptWK's Donzi Z33... mine looks idential... this should give you a good idea of what the boat would look like without windows... Thanks for your help and let me know what you think!!!!!

Ed Donnelly
03-22-2006, 03:45 PM
I voted to keep the windows,but after looking at the photoshop,it looks cleaner without. Tough decision. I like to keep my Criterion as close to original as possible with the exception of power and safety......Ed

FOSTER
03-22-2006, 05:02 PM
I think that because you are asking you must really want to fill them in.
Only a guess, but would look damn good::biggrin.: Mrs foster

olredalert
03-22-2006, 10:32 PM
-------Geez,,,,A dissenting opinion. Whoda thought. Without the portholes the sides look too bulbous!!! With the portholes the sides look longer and somewhat slimmer. I vote to keep them.........Bill S

Dr. Dan
03-23-2006, 04:35 AM
-------Geez,,,,A dissenting opinion. Whoda thought. Without the portholes the sides look too bulbous!!! With the portholes the sides look longer and somewhat slimmer. I vote to keep them.........Bill S

:spongebob Bill,
I thought we all agreed you would not ever use the word "Bulbous" in a public forum again...
Now Go To Your Room... and No TV for a week, young man!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

IMO, I think like any patch job, the bleed through of the original holes might telegraph unless ya really went nuts on an infill...it happens with Dashes, it happens in alot of places... so I would just be cautious... I could be wrong...but in that area.....you could argue it both ways as to how visible it may actually be.

Interesting... I could see it either way... those boats are huge and are great when they are taken care of.... very solid. Good Luck and get some Pics Up as you go...

Doc :beer:

Digger
03-23-2006, 06:13 AM
original is classy. keep them.

Donzigo
03-23-2006, 09:01 AM
............oh, my opinion..............definitely keep them.

Silver Bullet
03-23-2006, 04:22 PM
The pics posted with and without was surprising to me. W/O port holes did look better IMO. But I voted to keep the windows. Look forward to seeing the pics.
Windows make you wanna see whats on the other side:smileybo:

Schnook
03-23-2006, 05:59 PM
original is classy. keep them.
:idea: Does this mean there are modifications coming to Freedom II?
I do have a sawzall, ya know :biggrin.:

joseph m. hahnl
03-23-2006, 06:12 PM
It looks great either way. so I think you need to look at functionality.
the port holes allow natural light to enter the cabin. I think you would get clostraphobic with out them.

joe

TEAMPSI
03-30-2006, 07:50 PM
Thanks for the info guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! keep you posted!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CaptWK
04-20-2006, 04:50 PM
Does look different. Can you photoshop me a buyer?

Donzigo
04-20-2006, 09:46 PM
I saw your boat in St. Pete the other day.

TEAMPSI
04-21-2006, 08:31 AM
I saw your boat in St. Pete the other day.

Great!!! How did it look??? I have been out of town for awhile and have not been over there in 3 weeks or so. Does he have the yellow on yet??

Donzigo
04-21-2006, 10:51 PM
It was still Teal when I saw it. It was ready for gel or whatever you are doing. Probably done by now, that was a few days ago.

Richard