PDA

View Full Version : 90mph donzi

Igotogo
03-21-2006, 11:07 PM
What is this thing worth? What is that thing going to do to the life of the engine? I've never owned one before, but why not start at the top. I have the cash, but don't want to buy a disaster.

Matthew

90mph Donzi 22

Lenny
03-22-2006, 02:01 AM
IGOTOGO, fix your link so we can see what we (you) are talking about.

:)

DAULEY
03-22-2006, 07:55 AM
boat has some blistering on the white strip must have sat in the water
no warranty on motor asking 39995
depending on how much boost motor should last 250hrs before rebuild
needs external steering to be somewhat safe and driver needs good life insurance like scott said
buy a new shelby addition with a 500hp and it should run in the high 80s

roadtrip se
03-22-2006, 09:43 AM
Mercury says anything over 70+ should have hydraulic steering. Take this into account as a potential discount on your offer, because the boat is NOT safe to run without it. Figure $3-5K.

As for the Procharger, there are a lot of guys here messing around with them and really like them.

As for the value, look at NADA and BUC books, as well as the boattrader and other internet listing sites to get a feel for what the boat is available for on the market. It's really up to you what you want to pay and how much you want it.

I would also arrange for your own, unbiased, inspection to get an assessment of the condition of the boat.

Finally, you might want to post your inquiry on the performance section and see what kind of responses the broader group has to offer.
Good luck!

undertaker
03-22-2006, 06:56 PM
Ditto on the Hydraulic steering 22 classics are a drivers boat so at 90 MPH :eek: hydraulic steering is a no brainer:D IMO. If I were you I would go for it boat looks nice in the pics, should have no issues with that motor talk to Jaime @ Lakeside Restorations about any questions w/ the procharger. If you have the cash I would go look at the boat if it checks out deduct 3-5K for the Hydraulic steering and leave with a new boat:D :D :D Good luck keep us posted.

Undertaker:wavey:

Igotogo
03-22-2006, 09:08 PM
How much did it go for? I was told to consider a 20 Sutphen. Does anyone have any feelings on the boat?

Matt

LKSD
03-23-2006, 08:06 AM
Ditto on the Hydraulic steering 22 classics are a drivers boat so at 90 MPH :eek: hydraulic steering is a no brainer:D IMO. If I were you I would go for it boat looks nice in the pics, should have no issues with that motor talk to Jaime @ Lakeside Restorations about any questions w/ the procharger. If you have the cash I would go look at the boat if it checks out deduct 3-5K for the Hydraulic steering and leave with a new boat:D :D :D Good luck keep us posted.
Undertaker:wavey:

Thanks for the referral Ed..

If you get the ride & want to pimp it up a bit or have questions give us a jingle.. Speed is spoken here.. :) Jamie

DAULEY
03-23-2006, 08:13 AM
did it sell or did they end auction early like last time

LKSD
03-23-2006, 08:17 AM
did it sell or did they end auction early like last time

Was it the white boat without the windshield in the pic??