PDA

View Full Version : My First Boat - 92 22 Classic - Questions

903L
03-19-2006, 11:04 PM
I just purchased my first boat. A '92 22 Classic. I had no idea what it was. I just saw it and fell in love with it. I'm in Southern California and had never seen one before. There are not to many out here. It only has 86 hours on it.
My question. It has an OMC 454 Chevy with an OMC King Cobra drive. It is stock except that the engine has been fitted with a Sea Demon carb. What is this engines horse power and approx. how fast will it go? Due to work, I won't be able to take her out for a few more weeks. She has just gone through a 2 year restoration and is absolutely beautiful.
Thanks

lee
03-20-2006, 06:04 AM
I just purchased my first boat. A '92 22 Classic. I had no idea what it was. I just saw it and fell in love with it. I'm in Southern California and had never seen one before. There are not to many out here. It only has 86 hours on it.
My question. It has an OMC 454 Chevy with an OMC King Cobra drive. It is stock except that the engine has been fitted with a Sea Demon carb. What is this engines horse power and approx. how fast will it go? Due to work, I won't be able to take her out for a few more weeks. She has just gone through a 2 year restoration and is absolutely beautiful.
Thanks
330 hp speed depends on prop setup

Pismo
03-20-2006, 07:11 AM
65ish. Please post some pictures when you can, we would love to see it.

Silver Bullet
03-20-2006, 09:23 AM
Pictures. Pictures. Pictures.

Congrats on the new ride!

903L
03-20-2006, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I would love to post some photos. However, I am computer challenged. I have pictures of it in my computer, I just don't know how to post them. If anyone can tell me how to do it, I will try.
Thanks again

boldts
03-20-2006, 04:56 PM

Open a new post. Down below the white box where you type your words, you'll see this:

Attach Files
Valid file extensions: avi bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg mov mpeg mpg pdf png psd txt wmv zip

and a button to click on. Then you can use the browse button to find the picture files on your computer. Once uploaded, it will put the pictures into thumbnails at the bottom of your post and we all can see your new ride.

Oh and see the Events and Gathering section here. Look up Lake Powel 2006. I'm sure the folks going to Lake Powel would love to meet you and see your Classic in person.

903L
03-20-2006, 07:09 PM
OK, I tried, but it keeps saying "file upload failed". When I type in the name of the file, it says, "File name invalid". What is the difference between a file and a folder? I can go to my desktop in My Pictures and look at them. Is there anyway I can get my pictures here through my desktop? Like where it says "Share this file?"

903L
03-20-2006, 08:17 PM
I don't know how to tell what size the pictures are but here goes.

yorkey
07-10-2006, 06:17 PM
How cool is that!

I have the exact same boat as you; same year, same configuration just different colors!

And I'm in Orange County! Where are you located??

Your boat looks great man! We have to hook up; you're the first person I've encountered in the area.

We go to Lake Havasu, AZ, Lake Mead, NV and Lake Mohave, NV as often as possible. Let's meet up bro.

Wee hoo!!! My neighbor!!

RedDog
07-10-2006, 07:07 PM
How cool is that!
I have the exact same boat as you; same year, same configuration just different colors!
And I'm in Orange County! Where are you located??
Your boat looks great man! We have to hook up; you're the first person I've encountered in the area.
We go to Lake Havasu, AZ, Lake Mead, NV and Lake Mohave, NV as often as possible. Let's meet up bro.
Wee hoo!!! My neighbor!!

Cool I'd say - I just found out today that I am traveling to Orange CA in September for 5 days of work. Is there boating close by that could be taken advantage of late afternoons / early evenings (hint - hint)?

Sofa King
07-10-2006, 08:56 PM
I like your split teak swim platform, I wonder where i can get those?

Arip

Barry Eller
07-11-2006, 06:53 AM
This 22 Classic doesn't have thru hull exhaust. I would say the 454 is in the lower Horsepower spectrum. My 1993 22C with OMC King Cobra originally had the 454HO. It came with thru hull exhaust. Still does, but now is 502 CID.

yorkey
07-11-2006, 09:47 AM
Reddog: Well to answer your question, there is nowhere to put our boats in the water here except the open ocean and I've never done it... just cant' bring myself to do it. So we drive 4-5 hours each way to the nearest lake (Lake Havasu, AZ, Lake Mohave or Lake Mead, NV. Where are you from by the way? Ever get out to any of those lakes?
Barry Eller: The through hull exhaust does not necessarily indicate the H/O configuration as far as I know. I have the through hull exhaust and I'm pretty sure I do not have the H/O, at least that's what I've been telling everyone thus far... (hee hee) Do you know if there is a way to be sure though because now I'm not so sure...

RedDog
07-11-2006, 11:28 AM
...we drive 4-5 hours each way to the nearest lake ...

That would kill me - I probably wouldn't be a boater. I have to travel 4 - 5 minutes to the ramp I use.

yorkey
07-11-2006, 12:46 PM
wow, you're very lucky. Yeah, it's not easy to muscle through the commute but we've been 5 times so far this season, and man I'm lovin' every minute of it.

Enjoy your situation bro, very cool.

Barry Eller
07-12-2006, 06:57 AM
The 454 HO has rectangular ports in the heads.The 330 HP 454's have oval port heads. I have the OMC King Cobra, the circuit breaker housing has printed on it, engine 7.4 HO. My new 502 has the rectangular port heads also. It is a marine crate motor I built last summer.

903L
08-08-2006, 01:31 AM
I just saw your reply. I don't get on the forum as much as I would like due to work. I am in Kern County, (near Bakersfield). I moved here from Capistrano Beach so I am familiar with O.C. I have a home in Lake Havasu and go there as often as I can. I was just there last weekend. I have walked the Channel about five times this summer and have never seen another Donzi classic. I can't wait to take mine there. We must have the only two classics in So. Cal. Where do you hang out in Havasu? I hope to take my classic to Havasu in the next couple of weeks. I can't wait to roll through the channel in her. Last weekend was crazy there. They had a big Nordic regatta going on. I'll be lookin' for your ride in Havasu now. Post some pics.

yorkey
08-08-2006, 09:56 AM
Hey man, glad to hear from you. I just replied to your instant message too.
Bro, we were at Havasu last weekend too; we were beached at the nautical inn when we weren't out cruisin'. We go there all the time too, let's coordinate the next trip man.
My number is 949-289-8711, I'll post some pics of my baby here too.
Cya bro

boldts
08-08-2006, 11:39 AM
Man you guys are so lucky. All I've read about Havasu is a go fast boater's dream. Nice to see a couple real nice 22 Classic Donzis running amoung the boats on Havasu. Then ya got the women of Havasu.....We're going to need pictures of your trips to the lake for sure. Take care and enjoy your boats.

Barry Eller
08-08-2006, 05:27 PM
I know it get's very hot there, it gets hot in Florida, too!!!

Some people disaprove of "Tops" on this site, however, I like'm!!

Stan
08-14-2006, 07:17 PM
YO YO !!!
Welcome to the Donzi Registry. I am kind of under the radar in the registry but I use my 22 Classic at Castaic Lake ( near Magic Mountain) most weekends and sometime on Wednesday evenings. It’s not a great lake, but any day on the water is a good day.
If we can arrange a local Donzi get together I’m game.
Lake Havasu is a great place for these boats.
Keep in touch.
Stan 818-406-1802
1989 22 Classic
454 ( with options !!)
Bravo 1

Dr. Dan
08-14-2006, 09:40 PM
:smash: 903L Congrats...nice ride...I have a 1993 it had the 454 (330)in it and it was a very reliable package... the King Cobra is a Bullet Proof Drive...I had great performance with a 23 Turbo Prop. I would estimate your speed will be closer to lower 60's GPS. I had no issues with mine..just got the itch to go a little faster... you can see mine under the www.atlanticcoastdonzi.com owners gallery... and I had a small thread on the repower. Do a search under the Performance Talk Section "Preventative Medicine it's a Blue Pill."

Feel free to private mail me any questions...looks like you have a great canvas to start with...you will love the boat...with whatever horsepower it has. Just get seat time.... and learn the characteristics of the 22 Classic Hull, there is no substitute.

Good Luck...Safe Boating.

Doc :smash: