PDA

View Full Version : Rigging update

harbormaster
03-18-2006, 10:29 PM
Its really nice being able to work on my boat during my lunch hour at work.
This last week I bolted up the transom assemblies and have drilled all the holes for the KPlanes. I have not mounted them yet because I have stripped them and am painting them this next week. I also have installed the trim pumps and routed the hoses.

I finally started mounting my external steering rams. The rams will be mounted between the drives because of outboard clearance problems with the KPlanes. To complete the installation I need 2 spherical rod ends.

They have a rh 5/8 female thread. I can get these out of California for about 35 bucks each versus Latham's 130 dollars each.

Does anyone have a couple of these laying around they want to part with?

FYI, When you see the photo you will see that I am using two empty upper cases bolted up to the transom assemblies in order to mock up amd engineer the trim tab/steering installation. The empty cases are lighter and easier to move around.

Photos to follow.

MOP
03-19-2006, 10:01 AM
Scot I think you are talking about Heims Joints, quite a few speed shops and also aircraft suppliers have them on hand. $35 is about right, just make sure they are 100% S/S many are coated steel and won't last.

Phil

harbormaster
03-20-2006, 01:16 PM
Duh Ok Phil. I would have never thot of Stainless steel....Geez!

joseph m. hahnl
03-20-2006, 03:43 PM
Duh Ok Phil. I would have never thot of Stainless steel....Geez!

Well Scott : MOP's rep power is 12 and yours is only 10. it's those 2 points that he figured you would never have thought to use SS.:biggrin:

joe

Rootsy
03-20-2006, 04:33 PM
PS: Macmaster Carr.....

is your friend :D

Greg K
03-20-2006, 04:47 PM
I finally started mounting my external steering rams. The rams will be mounted between the drives because of outboard clearance problems with the KPlanes. To complete the installation I need 2 spherical rod ends.
They have a rh 5/8 female thread. I can get these out of California for about 35 bucks each versus Latham's 130 dollars each.

Photos to follow.

Here you go Scott... http://www.mcmaster.com/nav/enter.asp?pagenum=1086