PDA

View Full Version : sweet 16 sold

glashole
03-17-2006, 04:02 PM
I am now on the prowl for a new donzi:pimp:

A gentleman from Toronto just saw my boat and had to have it.
We worked out a deal and he took it on the spot

If one doesn;t come up is it alright to run my 14ft aluminum down to the thousand islands?? :moped:

MOP
03-17-2006, 08:54 PM
Use the bridge there is always a seat for a good hearted Canadian, especialy if he brings Beer!

Phil

boxy
03-19-2006, 07:27 AM
I am now on the prowl for a new donzi:pimp:
A gentleman from Toronto just saw my boat and had to have it.
We worked out a deal and he took it on the spot
If one doesn;t come up is it alright to run my 14ft aluminum down to the thousand islands?? :moped:

The River could be a little rough for a 14 footer, as long as you have the same "tabs" on the fishboat that you had on the 16 you should be fine ..... :D :D

Congrats Shea.

glashole
03-20-2006, 07:27 AM
old tabs have been replaced with new tabs

not exactly the same but they do the trick

Dr. Dan
03-23-2006, 04:56 AM
:bonk: Shea, ... what Phil meant to say is ...did the Spare Gas Can(Plastic) also go with the 16?

:cool!:

So what are ya looking for... we can keep our eyes out for something...

BTW what's the name of the current Tab Flavor... just in case? ;)

Now we all realize that an occassional Tab Replacement is required...I mean they stop working, they throw off your Center of Gravity, they become cumbersome and really need to be ahh "Reworked."

Tabs are important especially on those Cold Canadian Nights...Oh just one more question?

Do you prefer the Dual Rams or the Single Rams? And of course the question everyone is afraid to ask, are the Current Set of Tabs the Same Size as the last Set or are they smaller?

Ok , I think I have exhausted this topic sorta... and now that most of the Registry thinks I am more nuts than previously inferred... I will leave it to you ...

Oh Great Shea Sir!

Doc of Voyeur of the Tabs - Aren't We All? :wavey:

glashole
03-23-2006, 07:29 AM
as far as boats go I am not sure what I am going to go with. I have been looking around for something that really catches my eye

I am currently looking at a wide range from a 22 classic to a 26 or 28 ZX to a 32 ft cabin cruiser

most importantly

My spare gas can did stay with me as I use it on the sled 4 wheeler and the boat

into the more technical questions..

The new tabs are not as big as the last ones

The last ones would be very hard to beat in terms of actual size and overall performance but I will work with the new ones that I have.
(this would be mainly due to the fact that I am short on options)

The maintenance on the old ones became more of a nusance than they were worth so I decided to try a new set for this summer

This new set is off an old boat that I decided to try again, so we will see how they work out on the current hull

I have always used the dual ram as I have had good results
and no complaints

shea

boxy
03-23-2006, 07:35 AM
Good luck with the boat search Shea, if anything shows up in this area, I'd be happy to take a quick look for you.

As far as the tabs go for the rest of you guys, if you are confused, show up at the 1000 Islands this year, and everything will become clear .......... :D :D

DONZI
03-23-2006, 03:17 PM
Sure Shea,
We know why you're lookin for a bigger boat.;)
http://miami.craigslist.org/boa/137016875.html

These post's are crackin me up. I guess you had to be at 1000 isles to understand.:biggrin.:
Still treasuring the portable cleat BTW.
Thanks again! Ken

Tony
03-23-2006, 03:35 PM
The last tabs you had, Shea, and especially the boat they came with, were outstanding! I understand the maintenance thing, though, and the need to move on. Hopefully your current setup is more to your liking.

So, if I am understanding the jist of the thread correctly and your last tabs are no longer in the picture...then hopefully no offense is taken by commenting on the quality appearance of your old tabs!

Good luck with your boat decisions and search...

roadtrip se
03-23-2006, 06:58 PM
from past experience, that the more high performance you go, the more maintenance is required. Even with something as simple as a pair of really nice tabs!

Dr. Dan
03-23-2006, 07:59 PM
Sure Shea,
We know why you're lookin for a bigger boat.;)
http://miami.craigslist.org/boa/137016875.html
These post's are crackin me up. I guess you had to be at 1000 isles to understand.:biggrin.:
Still treasuring the portable cleat BTW.
Thanks again! Ken

:beer: Kenny, I have to wonder how, where and then of course the why did you ever come up with this...really conjurs up all sorts of interesting images that I will not go into here. But ... Ahhh "We Need To Talk"...

Shea.. Glad to here the New Tabs are working out fine, I think everyone can relate to the higher maintenance Tab, it gets old fast.

I used to have a hull with pretty respectable Tabs, but the fact is... now a days especially after the "Repower" I actually seldom touch them, once they're set up correctly...I really seem to focus on the Outdrive!!! :spongebob

Yep "Propulsion" is an area I have always maintained a keen interest in. After all my Father was Greek so ... I mean what can I say. it's in my Blood. Yes...I too will keep my eye out for opportunities for a new Donzi for you.

I hope ya make time to come over to the Event regardless of if you have a Boat or not... you always have a ride wih me. Just bring that Gas Can will ya...

Be Well, Good Luck!

Doc of Many Tabulations & Solid Performing Outdrives :cool:

DONZI
03-24-2006, 03:21 PM
:beer: Kenny, I have to wonder how, where and then of course the why did you ever come up with this...really conjurs up all sorts of interesting images that I will not go into here. But ... Ahhh "We Need To Talk"...
:cool:
I guess i should address this. The how & where question answer is. The ad came from Craigslist under BOAT listings while scanning for Donzi's. http://miami.craigslist.org/boa/index300.html
And the why ? Answer is, just trying to add some humor.
Don't worry Doc. I don't think i'm ready for the couch yet.:D

Shea. Congrats on selling the 16. I hope i didn't mess up your post on ya.