PDA

View Full Version : Calling all MI guys and MADCOWS

gold-n-rod
03-16-2006, 08:02 PM
Last year, I suggested a Michigan get-together up at my place in Frankfort. I'm located 2 blocks from the launch into Lake Michigan and a mile to the ramp into Crystal Lake. Crystal is about 19 miles in diameter, up to 200' deep and has a great sand bar. It affords lots of room for letting it rip. For the hearty, the Big Lake is great fun provided the waves aren't too big. Choices abound!

Frankfort is a nice little drinking town with a tourist problem. There is plenty of lodging, a nearby campground and I have a place right in town with an adjacent lot for camping/boat and trailer parking for anyone who'd like to stay. Room to BBQ, too!

The boating's fine and I'd like to extend my hospitality to my Donzi brothers and sisters.

My suggestion last summer went nowhere, so I'm offering it earlier in the season in the hopes that we can make it an "event." I understand that we've never met, but both my psychiatrist and parole office assure me that I am capable of surviving such an activity and probably won't need restraints (if it's only for a weekend).

So, with all these disclosures, is there anyone interested in turning gasoline into noise and fun in northern Michigan this summer? I'm thinking August. Your thoughts?

Pipe up.

:jestera:

PS: If Frankfort doesn't float your boat, I'm also game to work to put a Torch Lake adventure together. That would have to be a one-day event since I'd also have to travel to the lake. But hey, I'm game!!

Carl C
03-16-2006, 08:09 PM
Randy, I am SO in!!! I can't wait to get the boat up there. Any Sunday would be best for me assuming this has to be on a week-end.:boat: :yippie: For the few who may not know; this part of Mich. is boater's paradise!

gold-n-rod
03-16-2006, 08:28 PM
Randy, I am SO in!!! I can't wait to get the boat up there. Any Sunday would be best for me assuming this has to be on a week-end.:boat: :yippie: For the few who may not know; this part of Mich. is boater's paradise!

Carl: Depending on the weekend, I could probably extend my offer over a Sunday night (Monday departure) so that you didn't have to come up and back in one day. :beer:

Carl C
03-16-2006, 08:40 PM
Carl: Depending on the weekend, I could probably extend my offer over a Sunday night (Monday departure) so that you didn't have to come up and back in one day. :beer: Yes I was thinking that way too. I might like to go on Grand Traverse Bay Monday and get a taste of Lake Michigan. If you can't put me up I'll find something.

gold-n-rod
03-16-2006, 08:58 PM
You can "taste" Lake Michigan from Frankfort. An hours drive east will get you to Traverse City and the GT Bay. Same lake, different perspective.

Here's my location according to Mapquest, for those who are interested.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address&addtohistory=&address=316%2010th%20St&city=Frankfort&state=MI&zipcode=49635%2d9697&country=US&geodiff=1

My wife suggested a mid-July date as a possibility, too. Something about her being out of town that weekend.....

:beer:

Tony
03-16-2006, 10:12 PM
Randy, count us in! August would be better due to my daughter getting married July 21st. Hopefully I will have a Donzi to bring up! I am anxious to see this lake, since I have been on most of the others in this beautiful area. Carl, I am also anxious to see your 22', it sounds like a very nice boat.

boldts
03-18-2006, 02:16 PM
I would love to see more of the lakes in MI. Had a blast at Madcow. Hey, if you guys are looking for a warm up to your summer, just bring the boats down to Lake Cumberland in KY. It's warmer in May than MI and the lake is big, beautiful and a site to see. You may never want to go back home.

I'll tell ya this, if all the MI Donzi boats from Madcow came down to Cumberland, there wouldn't be room for anyone from another state. You guys could harass me about how MU is better than OSU and even though the record doesn't show it, you'd get away with it! I'm kidding here guys! Sure would love to see you all at AOTH VI this year.

Carl C
03-18-2006, 06:08 PM
Scott, I would love to make it to AOTH if that is what you are talking about, but I have a 10 year old tow truck and that is a long ass tow and through mountains. Also my only income is on week-ends so it would be pretty expensive for me to miss a whole week-end. Hopefully there will be some one day events with your club a little closer!