PDA

View Full Version : Accessories....

Pismo
03-15-2006, 01:29 PM
What accessories have people put in their Donzis. Stereos a must of course, how about satellite radios? How about a GPS speedo, hydraulic steering, GPS, mechanical indicators, coolers, chargers, inverters, sunpads, anything. I would be very interested to hear peoples additions to their boats. Please give details, how well it works, and are you happy with it. Always looking for ideas to improve.

Ed Donnelly
03-15-2006, 01:38 PM
I have added a few things over the years to my Criterion
Replaced Bennetts with K-Planes
Added mechanical indicators
Dual hydraulic external steering
Nose cone
Twin Turbos
Stainless Marine Gen 111 complete exhaust
Then Electronic fuel injection
Then Procharger
Pop up cleats
CD,Amp,Equalizes,Bose speakers.
To date I have spent twice as much on add ons than I paid for the boat.
Would I do it again? Hell yes.................Ed

undertaker
03-15-2006, 02:23 PM
Over the winter I have added:

Eddie Marine billet battery boxes (2) red
GPS Speedo:eek!:
New Steering wheel (Isotta)
25 pitch Turbo prop

Next winter:
CMI exhaust for 496 HO:eek!: :eek!:
Mechanical Trim Tab indicators

Next winter oh well you get the idea:biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

Undertaker:banghead: :bonk:

undertaker
03-15-2006, 02:43 PM
I put a bottle opener on the dash, pretty self explanitory :beer: ;) :)

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

RedDog
03-15-2006, 06:41 PM
wrap around sunglasses

second battery and switch
second bildge pump
light in engine compartment
K&N type flame arrester
mounted storage box in engine compartment (like a storage box used for storage of X-mas decorations - has a flip open top - great for lines, anchors, tool kit, etc

grab rail below rear seat
popup cleats
Anchorshade sun shade

KRAVEN
03-15-2006, 07:18 PM
K&N filter,master lube system,drive shower,old style vents w/donzi logo and sirrus satalite radio.:cool!:

Cuda
03-15-2006, 07:22 PM
I just today received two boxes from Summit racing that will be the first things put in the 22. :)

p729lws
03-15-2006, 07:30 PM

Bought an old military Jeep back in clollege for $500 and that was our first mod after torching the roof off. :eek:

Dr. Dan
03-16-2006, 03:48 AM

:bonk: Matty how did ya mount that? And did ya go with a Digital Opener or a Mechanical? Are the instructions written in at least 6 languages that are commonly spoken on at least 3 other Continents that you can't pronounce?

I was considering one of those until I spoke with Dwight, now I am thinking of using lighting to spend my hard erned money on, yep I am talking strobe lights, access lights Red Lights, Green Lights, any kinda light... Yep the boy is affected! :banghead:

Now to really mess things up I am thinking of putting in some of them thar Floor Vents like on the sides of the older cars to ventilate your stinky feet in da summer time, now I know what your saying, all that hot air ain't gonna be so cool when its all mixed in with the regular Summer Hot Air from the Boat and Engine and All?

Got that figured out! If ya mount the Vents Low Enough in Da Floor, Ya Know Like Thru Hull Vents!!!!!!!!! Well then the water coming in from the Floor is gonna keep your feet nice and cool! :spit:

YeP I know what you're saying...Damn, why did I not think of that, hell it's soooooooooooooo simple it's scary. I plan on sharing the royalties with MOP and Pearson, right after Pearson agrees with me on the placement of the Jelly Bean Containment and Distribution System.

Wow Come On Summer...I can almost feel that cool water round my feet now...Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh YeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh! :D

Doc of Nothing Right About Me :bonk:

DickB
03-16-2006, 06:19 AM
From Innovative Lighting. http://innovativelight.com/products/product_detail.cfm?categoryid=62&productid=77
I saw one of these on a Crownline IIRC and immediately decided that I had to have one for my Donzi. The original equipment pole light, which stowed under the rear seat of my 18' Classic, was so unhandy. I could not maneuver under the canopy of my boat lift with the stern light in place, so I’d have to stop and drift while removing it. This automatic telescoping light is so convenient, and the dispersal pattern yields a lot less glare in the boat.

Pismo
03-16-2006, 06:46 AM
I like the opener idea, mine is just hanging from the key chain, so old school. DickB, What height telescpoing light did you get? Looks very nice but I would hate to cut a 1 3/4" hole thru my deck, where did you put it.

Pismo
03-16-2006, 06:48 AM
I knew a guy who plumbed some boiler spigots into his cooling system so he could have running hot water while camping. Great for washing things, taking showers, great idea, worked well.

Rootsy
03-16-2006, 08:16 AM
worried about cuttin holes? hell i have about 20 to put in the deck of my boat :bonk:

JR - measure 3 times, cut once :boggled:

Carl C
03-16-2006, 09:13 AM
I put a bottle opener on the dash, pretty self explanitory :beer: ;) :) A real Irishman would have mounted a keg under the bow with the pump and spigot in the dash. And a party cup dispenser under the dash.:yes:

Tim Morris
03-16-2006, 10:33 AM
I did the run the drill backwards thing so as not to chip the gelcote, then sealed the holes with epoxy as not to have water damage and I screwed that sumbitch right next to the fuel gauge and labeled them boat fuel and my fuel ;) :P :)

I needed to hear that! I wouldn't think you had 'foamed' it on.

boatnut
03-16-2006, 10:37 AM
Has anyone come up with an enhancement to the running light provided on the late 90's 22's? My '97 has a removable white running light (I think it may be perko but not sure without checking), that is a piece of crap. I run at night ocassionally and while it is always difficult to get a running light on an open speed boat that is both visable for 360 degs and doesn't screw up your night vision, this removable light is flimsy and doesn't make good contact half of the time. The retractable stern light in the '69 18 works much better but I hate to make mods on the 22's deck. I was wondering if my light is just faulty or is the design bad? Anybody have one that works well? thks, Ed

fegettes
03-16-2006, 11:17 AM
Are there any good suggestions for a portable canopy?

Pismo
03-16-2006, 11:20 AM
I have never seen a good removable stern light. My 57 Lyman's is shaky, so did the 67 Lyman, the 79 Century, the 96 Donzi, the 97 SeaRay, the 89 Whaler, etc. I have had problems with all of them. The retractable one looks cool tho.

undertaker
03-16-2006, 02:57 PM
:bonk: Matty how did ya mount that? And did ya go with a Digital Opener or a Mechanical? Are the instructions written in at least 6 languages that are commonly spoken on at least 3 other Continents that you can't pronounce?
I was considering one of those until I spoke with Dwight, now I am thinking of using lighting to spend my hard erned money on, yep I am talking strobe lights, access lights Red Lights, Green Lights, any kinda light... Yep the boy is affected! :banghead:
Now to really mess things up I am thinking of putting in some of them thar Floor Vents like on the sides of the older cars to ventilate your stinky feet in da summer time, now I know what your saying, all that hot air ain't gonna be so cool when its all mixed in with the regular Summer Hot Air from the Boat and Engine and All?
Got that figured out! If ya mount the Vents Low Enough in Da Floor, Ya Know Like Thru Hull Vents!!!!!!!!! Well then the water coming in from the Floor is gonna keep your feet nice and cool! :spit:
YeP I know what you're saying...Damn, why did I not think of that, hell it's soooooooooooooo simple it's scary. I plan on sharing the royalties with MOP and Pearson, right after Pearson agrees with me on the placement of the Jelly Bean Containment and Distribution System.
Wow Come On Summer...I can almost feel that cool water round my feet now...Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh YeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh! :D
Doc of Nothing Right About Me :bonk:

WTF.....:confused: :confused: :banghead: :bonk: :spit: :toiletpap

Doc you are NOT right..:fire:

RedDog
03-16-2006, 10:39 PM
Are there any good suggestions for a portable canopy?

AnchorShade - http://www.ahoycaptain.com/shop/anchorshade.html

pmreed
03-16-2006, 10:54 PM
fegettes, here's another one. I only paid $69 for it a couple of years ago, but it's still cheaper than the "other guy".

http://lostbwana.com/bimini2.htm

Phil

Dr. Dan
03-17-2006, 05:20 AM
AnchorShade - http://www.ahoycaptain.com/shop/anchorshade.html

:smash: I agree we have an Anchor Shade, it works awesome when we use it, it's surprising how much cooler it is.........

Doc :cool:

gcarter
03-17-2006, 05:32 AM
I saw a Harley rider the other night that had the engine outlined in multi color flashing LED's!!:cool:
Now that was cool!
Just imagine outlining the Stainless Marine manifolds and the K&N flame arrester with those!!
Beats a 60's era bottle opener any day!