PDA

View Full Version : Donzi fix?

p729lws
03-13-2006, 08:23 PM
What do you do when your Donzi's been in the shop for a while and looks like mine does in the first pic? It's time to call a buddy for a little Donzi fix! Put the call in and Barry and his wife Denise met Laura and I at the local water front cafe for a little Sunday brunch. An hour of champagne brunch later and it was off to the waiting 22 classic for a cruise around the local bayous and a few high speed runs out in the bay. Barry's new 502 is running like champ and those couple full throtle runs should tide me over until mine is out of the shop next week. Thanks for the ride buddy! I even got to drive for bit (last photo)! Nothing like a BBC to put a smile on your face!

Dan

Barry Eller
03-14-2006, 05:16 AM
:yippie: Glad to help a buddy out. Don't forget Laura commenting on her lack of Donzi apparel. You better get that girl some Donzi wear!!

By the way, Happy Anniversary!!!

Barry & Denise

p729lws
03-14-2006, 08:08 AM
:yippie: Glad to help a buddy out. Don't forget Laura commenting on her lack of Donzi apparel. You better get that girl some Donzi wear!!
By the way, Happy Anniversary!!!
Barry & Denise

Thanks Barry! Looks like we made it past the 7-year itch :party:

Dan

Barry Eller
03-14-2006, 08:49 AM
By the way, that's a great shot of your house in the background!!!

p729lws
03-14-2006, 09:25 AM
By the way, that's a great shot of your house in the background!!!

That shack? Thats my guest house :eek:
Dan

apollo24
03-14-2006, 09:56 AM
Dan,
After careful review of the construction of your boathouse, I have determined that you need some reinforcement of the beams running laterally. In a large gust, your boat may swing excessively and crash into the water.
Oh, wait- your boat is always in the shop. Nevermind.
Your boat lift will be fine for your Old Towne canoe. :biggrin.:

p729lws
03-14-2006, 10:09 AM
Dan,
After careful review of the construction of your boathouse, I have determined that you need some reinforcement of the beams running laterally. In a large gust, your boat may swing excessively and crash into the water.
Oh, wait- your boat is always in the shop. Nevermind.
Your boat lift will be fine for your Old Towne canoe. :biggrin.:

The 22 has been sitting exactly like shown in that photo for a few days now. Johnny wants to paint the transom assembly backing plate and the steering assembly but its been too humid to paint at his shop. Might be time to take it to someone with a booth.

Dan

Barry Eller
03-14-2006, 04:18 PM
Another photo from our big adventure. This is the best shot you took Dan. We look like a Donzi advertisement!! You know, 1 guy,2 women!!

p729lws
03-14-2006, 09:27 PM
Another photo from our big adventure. This is the best shot you took Dan. We look like a Donzi advertisement!! You know, 1 guy,2 women!!

Yippy Kai Yay Mother Fu ker! Me and 2 girls,... sure does take me back to college! You have to love those 'Bama girls!

Johnny started putting the 22 back together today. The tabs are back on and the transom assembly is on. The motor and drive should be on soon....

Guess you didn't boat today? The bay was a mess.

Had a little sushi at the local joint and way too much sake. Great anniversary!
Dan

Barry Eller
03-15-2006, 06:19 AM
How is your head this morning?:smash: You have Mail at your home address. The weather is looking promising Sunday. :yippie: :cussball:

p729lws
03-15-2006, 08:32 AM
How is your head this morning?:smash: You have Mail at your home address. The weather is looking promising Sunday. :yippie: :cussball:

Feeling pretty good this morning! I was thinking the same thing about the weather forcast for the weekend, should be nice:shades: Not sure yet if I'll in town this weekend or not.

Did you see the Pensacola Blackhawk in the for sale section? It would be nice to keep that in Pensacola. :yes: