PDA

View Full Version : Got a new car..... VDub in da haus....

ChromeGorilla
03-13-2006, 06:26 PM
Well, in a day or 2 anyway. Traded in the 02 VW for an 06 GLI. We drove one over the weekend liked it alot. We were gonna get a manual 6 speed but the salesman convinced e to drive the DSG model. I drove both and let me tell you, the DSG blows the manual away IMO. I am a HUGE fan of manual transmissions, but I am a believer in the new DSG. I know there are alot of Tiptronic/SMG transmissions out there, but this one is the real deal. All the car rags agree this blows away even Mercedes and BMW's SMG's. It's a paddle shifted 6 speed. It shifts in .2 seconds. Faster than any of us can ever dream of shifting. And the numbers prove it. The paddle shifted DSG is faster 0-60 than the stick.

Anyhoo, I started to read more anout it over the weekend and I am glad we bought the DSG. Car is pretty sweet. Bi-xenon headlights, heated Recaro leather seats, XM, 18' wheels, moonroof..... car is sweet.

This is the exact car. I'll post pictures when I pick it up later this week..... the car is coming from a dealer in FL.....

BUIZILLA
03-13-2006, 06:36 PM
you'll be pimpin' to your SDC mixer's now... :garfield: :pimp:

ChromeGorilla
03-13-2006, 06:37 PM
Lol......

Budmann
03-13-2006, 06:40 PM
Sweet!!!! You go Chrome!!!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

roadtrip se
03-17-2006, 12:09 AM
and it is a sweet ride, 50+ mpg with leather baby.

I really like the new GTI and the ads are truly bizarre, especially the Fast Bunny. "Fast doesn't like relationships!" as the guy leaves his girlfriend behind to keep the weight out of the car.

This is even better.

http://www.vwfeatures.com/?ic_id=home_gti_launch_2006

Configure your car and then the blond german shows up for your "joyride". Make sure to include a Fast in your options, so you get the ricer drag race. I about pee my pants every time she says "let's go schalom!". I know, easily entertained, but I think VW is on its way back.

Good choice Chrome on the V dub!

ChromeGorilla
03-17-2006, 05:15 AM
LOL.... I was using that "configurator the other day.... "This satelite radio is the bom-bom-b-b-b-bbom shnizzle." "Ohhh I like z leatha"

"Oh no he didn't!?!?" :rlol::rlol::rlol::rlol::rlol::rlol::rlol::rlol:

gcarter
03-17-2006, 05:23 AM
Scott!!!
You're selling out to the Euros!!!!!
First you get a job with a FRENCH company, and then you buy a GERMANcar!!!!!!!:shocking:
Just kidding....those are really nice cars.
And I have bought Michelins before.

I'm playing nice.....I removed all the political content.

Schnook
03-17-2006, 11:10 AM
We were looking at a Taureg last year and were really impressed with what VW is doing these days. Unfortunately, some friends of ours got one before we did, so we had to go with something else. If you enjoy really driving, VW won't let you down. Gutte Choice, Herr Gorilla!

DONZI
03-17-2006, 03:57 PM
Did it come with an anti-theft system ?
http://www.thearvans.com/play.php?movie=1Anti_Theft_1.wmv

ChromeGorilla
03-17-2006, 05:39 PM
Scott!!!
You're selling out to the Euros!!!!!
First you get a job with a FRENCH company, and then you buy a GERMANcar!!!!!!!:shocking:
Just kidding....those are really nice cars.
And I have bought Michelins before.
I'm playing nice.....I removed all the political content.

George...you make me laugh..... :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol:

Kenny, I love that clip..... there are 4 different "Trunk Monkey clips: floating around...all very funny