PDA

View Full Version : Speedo Problem....??

Johntrip
03-13-2006, 09:09 AM
Ok , I heard that their was a way to fix the speedo when it quits working but I forgot what everyone has told me... Can someone please help.....??

mrfixxall
03-13-2006, 09:17 AM
Disconnect the hose that goes to the back of the speedo and blow it out with air from a air compressor....Also make sure the speedo tube at the bottom of the transm sits a little past the bottom of the boat, also check the speedo tube to make sure it didnt come loose and slide up...If yor have a brovo move the drive up and check the quick disconnect to make sure it didnt come apart.(its under the exhaust bellow in front of the drive between the rams,,,also some guys remove the exhaust bellows going to tne drive for more rpm and when they do this the exhaust will melt the speedo tube.....

Johntrip
03-13-2006, 09:50 AM
Thanks guys for the response.... I've got the GPS to give me accurate speed but I'm just tired of seeing the biggest gauge on my dash not doing anything...... So, I will blow air through the Speedo tube from behind the gauge and see if that works...... Thanks!!

MOP
03-13-2006, 04:23 PM
From Mop I believe....

Thanks Scott but someone else deserves the credit for that one!!

Phil