PDA

View Full Version : happy family

Digger
03-12-2006, 05:27 PM
great day of boating to open the season was had yesterday. We ran on a crystal clear day from the lower Elizabeth River thru Norfolk and into the James River up as far as the Jamestown settlement. Freedom ran like a dream and happily made noise out 100 gallons of Citgo's finest. Here we are back at home all flushed and cleaned up.

MOP
03-12-2006, 05:59 PM
Quite a joy "Flying Low" so glad you had a great day! And one more belated thanks!

Phil

Dr. Dan
03-13-2006, 01:32 AM
:bighug: Digger we ended up Splashing this weekend also...ran down to the Potomac with Brad and Amy.... Dwight happened to be up and we had a great Saturday afternoon....

We are thinking of doing something in early April again, I think in the first weekend, I think around the 8th? Let us know if ya wanna come up, we might do the Potomac again or run down to lake Anna.

Be Well...

Doc :smash:

Schnook
03-13-2006, 09:26 AM
Question about your winch - Does having the strap at an angle help with getting back on the trailer by lifting the bow a little? I was told it should be a straight pull, but anything that helps would be welcome. BTW, nice boat. I've often said '96 is a wonderful vintage. :biggrin:

Digger
03-13-2006, 11:36 AM
thx Schnook. Good question, never really thought about it. I try to get the trailer far back enough on the ramp so that when I drive her on there isn't a whole lot of winching to do. The times I have had to winch her up a fair distance were due to there not being enough ramp to back down as far as I wanted. In fact, this one time, at band camp, err I mean Lake Winni the water was so low and ramp so short I only had the front trailer wheels barley on the ramp while the rear two were just dangling there off the ramp. In that case winching was a bear. To answer your question, though, I don't believe the angle is going to make much difference with a boat this heavy.

Schnook
03-13-2006, 11:43 AM
Thanks. I don't want to hijack, so I'll follow this trailering thing on a new thread.

Formula Jr
03-14-2006, 03:14 PM
Mat, sounds like a great day!
But drop that bow stop and winch about three inches. :biggrin:

Buckeye
03-15-2006, 03:29 PM
Does the Freedom II still make the best Bloody Mary's?

Will you be at AOTH VI? We are looking foward to seeing you if so.

Jeff

KRAVEN
03-15-2006, 07:24 PM
Digger,
I sat in the boat in the garage and made some Vroom,Vroom noises.:idea:

KRAVEN
03-15-2006, 07:25 PM
Digger,
I sat in the boat in the garage and made some Vroom,Vroom noises.:idea:

Digger
03-15-2006, 07:44 PM
Jeff, we would like to go but I'm not sure yet. Between work and school there isn't nearly the free time there used to be... and now that I am about to drop my retirement papers with the Corps the sense of urgency to complete school has ratcheted up a few notches. But to answer your question, yes, the bloody mary's are still top notch :yes:

MOP
03-15-2006, 08:25 PM
Bloody Mary's are one of my favorites, have you tried Level 1, pinch of horse radish, splash of tabasco, and Clamoto juice. Beefamoto not bad either.

Phil