PDA

View Full Version : St. Patrick's Day

Patti
03-11-2006, 08:30 PM
For those of you who will be here for dinner on Friday night..
Do we want a traditional St. Paddy's day dinner or do we want to go out for dinner and a drink? :beer:

Patti
03-15-2006, 07:50 PM
Oh btw..i'm still waiting for clarification on the foreign food thingy.. http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c226/smitt3n/Emoticons/nana.gif

p729lws
03-15-2006, 08:10 PM
Fire up a crock pot or two and go traditional! What's not to like?:beer:
Dan

Patti
03-15-2006, 08:31 PM
I dont know if Corned beef would be a good idea..

Jamie mentioned something about Matty cooking around 400 pounds of it last weekend..he also mentioned something about Matty and him wanting to shoot himself if he even saw Corned Beef..

But we did get some http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/JJVanDongen/guinness.gif ..

That is considered traditional right?:biggrin.:

BERTRAM BOY
03-15-2006, 08:33 PM
Cliff doesnt eat foreign food....

I thought conch fritters and smoked flipper dip was foreign food......

Patty, What Matty said. What's ever easier for you guys.

Patti
03-15-2006, 08:37 PM
I thought conch fritters and smoked flipper dip was foriegn food......

Ok.. *dry heave*

I dont EVEN want to ask about flipper dip.

We're gonna go out..we decided a couple of days ago :)

Patti
03-15-2006, 08:41 PM
I thought you'd agree! :tongue:

Good thing my dad was from Ireland...he taught me well! :yes: :D

roadtrip se
03-15-2006, 08:43 PM
flipper dip is quite tasty. It's made from mahi not the mammal.

As for destroying a perfectly tasty piece of brisket by making it into corned beef? That is just wrong!

I'll stick to beer this St. Patty's weekend.

Patti
03-15-2006, 08:47 PM
Oh i'm sure it is!

I just don't do seafood in any way,shape or form :jestera:

I actually don't eat corned beef..I think we had so much when I was young that I grew to hate it ;)

p729lws
03-15-2006, 09:02 PM
did the man say crock pot??? are ya daft man, a crock pot,lordy be,and who in their right mind would be eating a traditional irish meal out of a crock pot!
why I have never heard such a thing , I tell ya it's a crock and not a pot you'd be eating out of bejesus !! :yes:

Erin Go Brau! Lay some wisdom on us, how does the master do this classic meal?

Dan

p729lws
03-15-2006, 09:13 PM
I dont know if Corned beef would be a good idea..
Jamie mentioned something about Matty cooking around 400 pounds of it last weekend..he also mentioned something about Matty and him wanting to shoot himself if he even saw Corned Beef..
But we did get some http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/JJVanDongen/guinness.gif ..
That is considered traditional right?:biggrin.:

Yep, Guinness is a traditional meal also! Might have to get some Guiness and Harp for a few black and tans this weekend:yippie:
Dan

BERTRAM BOY
03-15-2006, 09:15 PM
Matty,
Where did you find that picture of Marie's thin(ner) first husband?

Patti
03-15-2006, 09:28 PM
Dan,
a crock pot won't even hold a head of cabbage never mind your patatas and carrots and onions then what do you do with your corned beef??
I cooked corned beef and cabbage, shepard's pie, bangers and mashed for 300 people on Sunday after our county parade here in Orange county NY I went thru about 400lbs of corned beef trimmed cooked to perfection and sliced to melt in your mouth 100lbs of cabbage 50 lbs of bangers and more patatas then any poor GI has ever seen on KP ( so Patti Jamie anything but pizza works for me on Friday)
the secret
2 gallons of Guiness
some water
some corned beef
some carrots, patatas and onions
some time to let it simmer over a GAS flame for a fraction of a fortnight
some pickling spices ( for the beef ;) )
when fork tender enjoy ;)

I gotta ask..is the 2 gallons of Guinness for the corned beef? or is it for the cook while the corned beef is cooking?

Though I think 2 gallons would be a *bit* much :rolleyes: :biggrin:

p729lws
03-16-2006, 07:56 PM
ok Dan I'll drink to you crock pot ;) :) Cheers everyone have a grand day :) and I am with you I like harp and guiness much better than with bass ;) :beer:

50/50's it is then! No English beers on St.Patrick's day :beer:

Patti
03-16-2006, 08:12 PM
Well we have Irish Beer, Canadian Beer and good ol' American Beer..

I think we're covered for a day or two :yes: :jestera:

Carl C
03-16-2006, 08:14 PM
Less than 3 hours to go!:party:

Ed Donnelly
03-16-2006, 10:26 PM
CarlC;St Patricks day does not officially start until the sun shines over St Patricks grave...............Ed

Patti
03-17-2006, 02:30 PM
Well everyone arrived safely.

We have reservations for dinner at 7 and they are out working on the boat as we speak..

Pictures & video will follow :biggrin.:

Donzi Di
03-18-2006, 07:44 AM
How was dinner last night? Patti - you were a bit outnumbered but I am sure that you handled them just fine.

It is now 8:45 am - Me and the Beagle are here just enjoying a cup of coffee. Are the boys working on the boat yet? Or are they trying to recuperate from last night? :beer: :beer: :beer:

Patti
03-18-2006, 09:40 AM
How was dinner last night? Patti - you were a bit outnumbered but I am sure that you handled them just fine.
It is now 8:45 am - Me and the Beagle are here just enjoying a cup of coffee. Are the boys working on the boat yet? Or are they trying to recuperate from last night? :beer: :beer: :beer:

Morning Di! :)

dinner was great! food was good..company was even better..came home and the boys had a beer and talked shop

We were up early to start a fire in the shop (Matty is keeper of the fire today :tongue:). We all had breakfast and now they are out doing their thing..they're all in their glory..they've been good though! ;)

Cept your husband keeps threatening to take my dog home :tongue: hehe

Have a wonderful girls night tonight..i'm sure Baxter is gonna love all the attention :)

roadtrip se
03-18-2006, 10:17 AM
We were up early to start a fire in the shop (Matty is keeper of the fire today :tongue:). We all had breakfast and now they are out doing their thing..they're all in their glory..they've been good though! ;)
)

Matty in charge of the fire and all is well? :nuke: :nuke:

All that goodness could melt, based on some of the "guests" that I have heard could be showing up at the barn later this afternoon. :wavey: :wavey:

I would keep an eye on them.

Patti
03-18-2006, 10:21 AM
LOL..Matty is doing quite well actually..I was just out to check on them

I wasnt aware that "guests" were coming? We're supposed to be going out later on..i'll have to go back out and ask lol

So far so good though..it's been a pleausre having them!

Plus Matty brought me a NYC goodie cooler and Cliffy was nice enough to bring me some Dunkin Donuts coffee..woo hoo :tongue:

Patti
03-18-2006, 04:19 PM
Matty in charge of the fire and all is well? :nuke: :nuke:
All that goodness could melt, based on some of the "guests" that I have heard could be showing up at the barn later this afternoon. :wavey: :wavey:
I would keep an eye on them.

Was great to finally meet you Todd! :)

thanks for coming by..too bad you didn't get to stay for dinner!

roadtrip se
03-19-2006, 10:12 AM
not sure I would have been in such a great frame of mind with that northeastern invasion of my home.

It was easy to find the place with all of the smoke coming out of the workshop!

goatee
03-22-2006, 08:47 PM
matty,

still waiting for to to spell guinness correctly!!!
what kinda irishman are ya anyway?

GUINNESS,,IT'S NOT JUST FOR BREAKFAST ANYMORE!