PDA

View Full Version : decisions

notdaddys
03-11-2006, 03:33 PM
Hello ladies & gentlemen,

I haven't posted in a while, but have been a member for a few years. I bought a '98 21' Donzi in 2003. Michigan boating is AMAZING. Anyway, I recently had to move down to Florida because the need for teachers in MI is non-existant. They laid off 6000 two years ago, and 3000 last year. I'm sure the trend is going to continue for a few years. Well I currently teach in Polk County, but I'm thinking of moving over to Hillsborough (Tampa area) because of proximity to friends, and people my age in genera (25). My question is this, I have yet to experience boating in the Tampa area, is it comparable to MI? Are there area's where everyone gathers on the weekends? I'm either thinking of trailering it down here in the next couple months, or selling it.
Which leads to my next question. Does anyone have an idea of what I could get for it. I looked on NADA, but there is no 1998 21' with a cuddy. There is the LXR, but that is a bow rider, so I don't think the value is comparable. My boat has the same body style as the Z series (stepped hull & cuddy), with a 305 engine. I may take that money for a down payment on a house or something. GROWING UP IS NO FUN!

It would kill me to sell it, but I'm so unfamiliar with this area, I'm not sure if I'll have the same experiences with it.

I know you guys are a very helpful bunch, and I appreciate any advice!

Tami

pmreed
03-11-2006, 08:35 PM
I don't live in the Tampa - St. Pete area, but I can tell you that there's fabulous boating there, along with a lot of great people to boat with. I'm sure some of them will chime in soon.

Phil

Carl C
03-11-2006, 08:45 PM
GROWING UP IS NO FUN!
I thought growing up meant affording nicer and bigger boats.:lookaroun I can't answer your question 'cuz I'm in Michigan too. It sounds like Florida is also a boaters paridise but you'll have to learn to deal with salt water.