PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Donzi 16 Classic

FLA
03-10-2006, 10:20 AM
2004 Donzi 16 Classic
Orange W/white Stripes & Silver Trim.
4.3L Alpha 190 HP (80 Hours)
Performance Inc, Aluminum Frame trailer.
Hour meter -
Dual Battery Package -
Custom Orange Gelcoat Hullsides Deck and Cockpit -
Orange & White Custom Upholstery w/ Silver Accents -
Charcoal Tweed Cockpit Cover -
Stereo - Sony AM/FM CD w/2 Audiobahn Marine Component Full Range Speakers.
Livorsi Monster Gauges with Platinum Bezels -
Custom Prop -
Boat Located in Sarasota FL, Asking $22,000 with trailer, Contact me by e-mail or by phone (941) 685-6193

Reedy
03-10-2006, 11:25 AM
That orange boat needs to be in Texas. Post it in the Austin Texas Newspaper and you will sell it in a heartbeat. (UT colors)

FLA
03-10-2006, 02:49 PM
It's a much brighter orange in person, photos make it look alittle the University of Texas Brownage color !
but it's actually closer to Florida Gators orange.

AC18Classic
03-10-2006, 03:56 PM
Is that a special ordered boat - never saw that color on any classics?

MOP
03-10-2006, 09:26 PM
Very Sweet! It will not last long.

FLA
03-11-2006, 10:56 AM
Thanks MOP, Yes AC18 it is a special ordered boat , only problem I foresee with this color is getting confused as a turn buoy at a APBA Race .!

gold-n-rod
03-11-2006, 01:44 PM
Yes, the orange was a special 40th Anny color and Matty's right about baby (powder) blue, too.

R. Nelms sold an orange 16, his had the V8. That'd make this for sale boat even better (oh and a thru hull, too).

Nice boat, hope she sells fast!

PS: Love the aired out pic!!

FLA
03-13-2006, 10:11 AM
Thanks, Matty & G-Rod , I'v really enjoyed her and all the dock conversation she's brought me !

gold-n-rod
03-13-2006, 10:40 AM
Thanks, Matty & G-Rod , I'v really enjoyed her and all the dock conversation she's brought me !

Funny how the Classic makes people want to be chatty. I can't visit a gas station or marina with mine in tow without someone wanting to talk about it. Even people who don't know what it is know that it's way cool. Once had a woman come all the way across the gas station just to tell me how "pretty" my boat was.

:wavey:

lmsac00
03-13-2006, 08:19 PM
nelims marine had two orange 16s, one had 25 hrs. on it and the other was new. he sold one and took it back in trade, and then resold it again. i almost bought the used one and then changed my mine and purchased the baby blue one, 18 classic . i believe there were only three made. in orange. nelims had hull #2 and #3 and donzi had #1i could be confused its been awhile, i believe sea world or some ocean place had the #1 on loan from donzi and then last year or so donzi got it back and redone it and resold it. they were to call me and let me know when it was freshened up and when they never called i called them and it was sold, oh well. ive seen pictyres of the two orange ones that nelims had and they are really great lookin , hope you sell it to some one that takes good care of it, my baby blue 18 hull#7 has been in storage going on two years , again good luck.

FLA
03-14-2006, 09:10 AM
Imsac, I believe that is correct, my boat is the Sea World boat, I completely re-upholstered & re-painted it as it showed a bit of wear & tear of working boat.
So you have the baby blue, in storage ! you have more self control than me my friend, I really liked that boat, it would of had some hours on it by now no doubt ! here's a couple images I ran across for your collection. I think it's yours.

CHACHI
03-14-2006, 09:56 AM
Whats up with the fuel fills on opposite sides? Ken

FLA
03-14-2006, 10:06 AM
It's for Left'eess !

lmsac00
03-14-2006, 11:16 AM
Imsac, I believe that is correct, my boat is the Sea World boat, I completely re-upholstered & re-painted it as it showed a bit of wear & tear of working boat.
So you have the baby blue, in storage ! you have more self control than me my friend, I really liked that boat, it would of had some hours on it by now no doubt ! here's a couple images I ran across for your collection. I think it's yours.
thats my baby blue 18, i was told by donzi that your boat was being done over by donzi, is this true or did you buy it from them and do it yourself? did you regelcoat the outside or paint:) it? what hull # is it 1,2,3, ? sorry for all the questions, im surprised donzi didnt put a 8cyl with thru hull in that one. seeing the other two had the other set up. regards len

lmsac00
03-14-2006, 11:17 AM
thats my baby blue 18, i was told by donzi that your boat was being done over by donzi, is this true or did you buy it from them and do it yourself? did you regelcoat the outside or paint:) it? what hull # is it 1,2,3, ? sorry for all the questions, im surprised donzi didnt put a 8cyl with thru hull in that one. seeing the other two had the other set up. regards len

FLA
03-14-2006, 11:45 AM
G-Rod, I'll take "Pretty" over "Cute" any day !

Len, Donzi did all the work, it's paint, the plans called for bigger power and thru hull, but my impatience got the better of me ! not sure if it's 1,2 or 3.

FLA
03-15-2006, 04:43 PM
Matty - With the little tweeking we've done she will do an honest 57 mph,
In my water that's as fast as I really need to go in a 16' boat.
I really hope she ends up on a lake somewhere ! it's where she belongs.

smokediver
03-15-2006, 08:35 PM
I think the v 6 is the stuff in a 16 better power to weight ratio and if you tweek the v6 i bet it will ride better and be just as fast as a normal v8 boat
( not talking Rootsy or sam or bill nagy v8's ;) ) plus it makes working on the engine easier the thru hulls well in this boat you never ever have to worry about the noise police ;) :)
Please someone buy this boat Joe's college fund is burning a hole in my pocket :p
Actually , with aluminium manifolds the weight is the same . the difference is that the weight is 4 inches more forward and when i switched from the 6 to the 8 it handled differently . Not worse , just different . I use less trim now than before although it doesn't make sense but that 's the way it is . the big difference is in torque . the midrange puch is way different ! I had the 6 in there for 6 years and it was great but I like the 8 .

Just Say N20
03-16-2006, 07:08 AM
Those are both gorgeous boats. The picture with them side by side is interesting though.

The reflection on the water, under the boats, is of the DECK of the boat, not a reflection of the bottom. Sorry, not being nit-picky (well, OK, I am :rolleyes: ), but have spent the past four months working with Photoshop, "correcting" product pictures, and those kinds of things seem to just jump out at me now.

FLA
07-27-2007, 11:09 AM
My deal on a 22 fell trough so I took her off the market to use for the summer,
She's got 30 more hours on her and have reduced the price to adjust....asking 18K
has some saltwater corrosion on the Livorsi Monster Gauges
that I can't seem get get off for the life of me... but not really a big deal.
the same has happened on on the engine cowlings (4 small scoops)..
all very easily replaced.
She has been very well taken care of and in-fact has her own rackamenium now instead of sitting on the trailer......

You can contact me at 941-685-6193

Squiggy111
07-27-2007, 11:11 PM
Any of you guys know where I can get one of those large round decals that you have on your engine hatch's...?????

Donziweasel
07-30-2007, 08:49 AM
Is it just me or in the pic with the two boats side by side, do the seats look taller and possibly a little wider than stock 16C seats?

Just out of curiosity, when did Donzi change the fuel fill to the side and the new throttles? Although I love my 16, the damn fuel fill in the middle of the front deck is a pain.