PDA

View Full Version : Mt Dora Attendance List!!!!

Tidbart
03-09-2006, 06:40 AM
Hello everyone. Mt Dora is only two weeks away, yeehah!:biggrin.: :yes:

I would like to get an idea of who will be attending, what event, and if they are bringing a boat or not.

Here is the plan.

Friday: Fun run up the Oklawaha River to the springs, leaving the dock at the Lakeside Inn around 9:00 am, returning mid-afternoon.:boat: (Bring your lunch)

Friday evening: Dock party at the Lakeside around 7:30 pm.:beer:

Saturday: Leave the Lakeside at 11:00 am for a run to Lake Eustis and lunch at the Crazy Gator. :boat: :beer:

Let me know a few things.
Who is attending, names.
Bringing boat, yes or no.
Friday run, yes or no.
Saturday Lunch, yes or no, how many. (I need a head count for the reservation).

Looking forward to seeing everyone. Should be a good time, as usual.

Bob

Last Tango
03-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Mr. & Mrs. Supreme SEADOG will be there.
Saturday only.
Bringing Last Tango, launching at Trimble Park Saturday morning
Mr. & Ms. and two guests along for Saturday run to lunch at Gators

And, like last year, I have invited my Porsche Club friends. Expecting 8 cars, two people per car, all looking for a boat ride and lunch at Gators, if we have enough seats to go around. Otherwise, they are fine to stroll the boat show and do their own thing for lunch or drive their Porsches to Eustis to meet us there. In fact, I may do it the other way around, and have them meet us for lunch and then come to Mt. Dora for boat rides. I will call you Saturday morning with the actual count when we leave Jax at about 9:00 AM. I am taking the interstates, and they are taking the back roads.

gcarter
03-10-2006, 03:59 PM
George and Elaine Carter, a blue and white Minx .....and maybe a couple of riders.

Bob...we need to make the departure time from the Lakeside on Friday a bit earlier.
Like last year, we need to meet up in the middle of Lake Griffin at about 10:00 ish. I suspect the trip from the Lakeside through Haines creek and the lock will take about an hour.
Some of us will be launching at Herlong Park at the South end of Lake Griffin.

florida gator
03-10-2006, 04:06 PM
Where is a good place to launch for the Sat run? I'm coming from the west.

onesubdrvr
03-10-2006, 06:38 PM
I plan on making the run Friday, not sure whether or not I'm bringing the Ragazza. I'll be solo, and if I bring the boat, will have room for 5 more, if I don't, I'll need a ride.

Saturday, I plan on coming with the boat, and the family, Cari - my wife, Heather (10), Rebecca (9), Sydney (5) and Riley (2), so I won't have any extra room. Plan on launching wherever anyone else is, right now, it looks like Trumble with Tango,.... He's got a little something for me anyway:yes:

See y'all there

gcarter
03-10-2006, 07:01 PM
Where is a good place to launch for the Sat run? I'm coming from the west.
Take a look at the map and note #14, Wooten Park. Nice ramp, adequate parking, good security and no crowds. From there you can go East to the Lakeside and meet up.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=17431&d=1137881082

Cuda
03-10-2006, 08:37 PM
We hope to go on the Friday trip, but it depends on if we are busy at work. We will be there Saturday for sure, maybe with two Donzi's. :)

onesubdrvr
03-10-2006, 08:47 PM
We hope to go on the Friday trip, but it depends on if we are busy at work. We will be there Saturday for sure, maybe with two Donzi's. :)
SURE,....

Rub it in,.....I'll have to sick Debbie on 'ya :biggrin:

Wayne

florida gator
03-11-2006, 07:35 AM

One of them to catch Wayne's overflow?:biggrin:

florida gator
03-11-2006, 07:42 AM
Anyone launching in Lake Harris? Is that feasible or shold I go to the ramp that was reccomended?

gcarter
03-11-2006, 05:03 PM
My office and warehouse where I keep the Minx is REAL close to lake Harris.
But to me it's about travel time. I would just as soon get nearer to where I want to boat rather than go ALL the way across lake Harris and then through Dead River, across part of lake Eustis, through the Dora canal , all the way across lake Dora and then back track to the restaurant.

Tidbart
03-13-2006, 07:46 PM
Ok George,
I changed the time to 09:00 on Friday, but you have to promise to be at the rendesvous point on time this year. LOL If I remember correctly, several of us were freezing our asses off waiting in the middle of the lake.
So much so that two, I won't mention who, left for the bar. :yes: :bawling:

Keep the list going. I'll check back soon.

Can't wait.

Bob

sweet 16 1966
03-13-2006, 08:56 PM
Been building the boat a new dock. Ran it Sunday @ 4200 rpms for 1/2 tank.
Everything is holding together!
Looks good for a Friday and Saturday run. Sheila and I plan on making the trip. Eat a little, shop a little and boat all we can!
Looking for a Motel.

onesubdrvr
03-13-2006, 09:01 PM
Been building the boat a new dock. Ran it Sunday @ 4200 rpms for 1/2 tank.
Everything is holding together!
Looks good for a Friday and Saturday run. Sheila and I plan on making the trip. Eat a little, shop a little and boat all we can!
Looking for a Motel.
Russ,

It'll be good to see 'ya again, I'm looking forward to it!!

Wayne

catch 22
03-15-2006, 07:50 AM
Friday's Fun Run: Jim & Gina with boat. Dad with Minx
Saturday Lunch : Jim & Gina with boat. Dad and Mom with Minx
My folks offered to let anyone who would like to keep his boat at there place if you don't feel safe leaving it at the Motel you are staying at. If interested give me a call on my cell 954-850-4747 or at home 561-433-8302

onesubdrvr
03-15-2006, 08:06 AM
Friday's Fun Run: Jim & Gina with boat. Dad with Minx
Saturday Lunch : Jim & Gina with boat. Dad and Mom with Minx
My folks offered to let anyone who would like to keep his boat at there place if you don't feel safe leaving it at the Motel you are staying at. If interested give me a call on my cell 954-850-4747 or at home 561-433-8302
Hot Damn!!

Gonna be good to see you and Gina again Jim.

I may take your dad up on his offer as I don't plan on staying Friday night,....

I'll give 'ya a call!

Wayne

pmreed
03-15-2006, 03:56 PM
I'll be there; staying at the Lakeside. Lunch Sat. definitely, Friday run maybe.

Phil

BUIZILLA
03-15-2006, 04:12 PM
As of yesterday, I was still 21st on the waiting list for a room:bonk: :crossfing :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

pmreed
03-15-2006, 04:30 PM
If you recall, Jim, we couldn't fill out the advance reservation request last year, because the woody guys hadn't set a date for the show. I forgot about it until about June, and made the reservations then.

Phil

BUIZILLA
03-15-2006, 06:57 PM
your right Phil, I remember that now...

silly me, thinking I could sneak in at the last minute... like I haven't done that before... :biggrin:

pmreed
03-15-2006, 08:23 PM
Hey, a couple of years back, Tomahawk showed up on Friday of the show and got a room. He even got a discount!! Poodle like to had fits about that; ask'm.

Phil

Tomahawk
03-16-2006, 10:48 AM
While that is true, it's not a likely result. We kept calling them from the road to see if we could get in and finally, late in the day, they said OK. I guess some of the woody guys make reservations and just don't show up or cancel at the last minute. I don't know what they did about any waiting list though! We're staying at the Hampton again this year.
You might try that Best Western over on Lake Monroe in Sanford. Joe P. and another wood boat friend are staying over there.
Not bringing "Slow Dancing" this year but will run into you guys on the Lakeside Dock.

pmreed
03-16-2006, 02:54 PM
Looking forward to seeing you and June, Tom. We can hoist one and remember the old days when you were a Donzi owner.;)

Phil

Cuda
03-17-2006, 06:34 AM
I might need a first mate on Saturday. We have Debbie's son Kyle that weekend. Deb will be able to go with me on Friday, but probably not Saturday.

gcarter
03-17-2006, 08:04 AM
RAMP UPDATE FOR SATURDAY!!!!!!

Jim Collins called me last night and told me his mother, Carol, read that Wooten Park ramp would be closed during next weekend. I drove by this morning and, sure enough, there's a train blocking the entrance.

So, I'm suggesting the public ramp near #7 which is virtually next to the Dora canal. This facility is located on the North side of 441 at the South shore of Lake Eustis, has a large parking lot, and is pretty easy to get in and out of.

Cuda
03-17-2006, 08:26 AM
G, is that the ramp I met you at?

gcarter
03-17-2006, 02:07 PM
G, is that the ramp I met you at?
Yep.

Cuda
03-17-2006, 03:29 PM
I didn't much care for that ramp, the friggin dock is 20 yards away. It's got to be a handful to launch and retrieve by yourself there.

gcarter
03-17-2006, 04:21 PM
I'm open to suggestions.
Hickory Pointe?
I can always launch in the Leesburg Marina, but it's a ways to Lake Dora.
There's also some private ramps at the North end of Dead River.

Cuda
03-17-2006, 04:26 PM
I don't have a problem launching there, it's just that it's the sorriest design I've ever seen for a boat launch. :(

gcarter
03-17-2006, 04:56 PM
There should be three or four of us launching, so there should be plenty of help.

onesubdrvr
03-17-2006, 07:14 PM
I don't have a problem launching there, it's just that it's the sorriest design I've ever seen for a boat launch. :(
Joe,

If you had some correct length mooring lines like me, none of that 30' would be a problem!! :D :D :D

Wayne

Cuda
03-17-2006, 07:34 PM
Joe,
If you had some correct length mooring lines like me, none of that 30' would be a problem!! :D :D :D
Wayne
No kidding, you could launch from another county!:eek!:

I just got off the phone with Catch 22, I think we are going to launch at Hickory Point and run around to there.

onesubdrvr
03-17-2006, 07:39 PM
No kidding, you could launch from another county!:eek!:
I just got off the phone with Catch 22, I think we are going to launch at Hickory Point and run around to there.
Damn, meant to call him today,....I'm thinking I'll park my boat at his dads house on Friday,... Oh well, I'll give him a jingle tomorrow.

Just let me know where / when.

Wayne

BUIZILLA
03-17-2006, 07:57 PM
where's Hickory Point??

Cuda
03-17-2006, 08:14 PM
where's Hickory Point??
It's on Sr19 where it crosses Little Lake Harris. Take 441, turn south on Sr19, go about five miles south, it's at the foot of the bridge on your right. Turn about a quarter mile before the bridge. Real nice ramp, plenty of parking, and docking.

pmreed
03-17-2006, 08:41 PM
There's also Trimble Park on the south side of Lake Beauclair. It's less than 10 minutes from the Lakeside Inn including the no-wake zone through the canal. If you remember, Jim, we hauled out there last year; or was it the year before?

Phil

Cuda
03-17-2006, 09:20 PM
I plan on launching at Trimble on Saturday.

pmreed
03-17-2006, 09:35 PM
They may be booked Jim, but Trimble Park has RV sites. If you don't find a room, bring the RV.

Phil

Trimble Park offers 71 acres of recreational facilities. The park provides visitors with three picnic pavilions, recreation programs, skating, hiking and biking trails, fishing areas, playgrounds, campsites, RV camping areas, and a boat ramp. The campsites are $13 per night for Orange County residents and $18 a night for nonresidents. The small pavilions can be rented for $25 per day for up to 50 people. The large pavilions, accommodating up to 100 guests may be reserved for $50 per day. The area is open to the public from 8 a.m. To 6 p.m. For more information, write 5802 Trimble Park Drive, Mount Dora, Fla. 32757 or call (352) 383-1993.

BUIZILLA
03-17-2006, 09:44 PM
I'm trying to figure out just how to do that right now Phil....

gcarter
03-18-2006, 02:15 AM
I plan on launching at Trimble on Saturday.
Joe, you're confusing me....above in #34 you said you're launching Saturday w/Jim C at Hickory Point.

Cuda
03-18-2006, 09:38 AM
Sorry g, I meant on Friday.

BUIZILLA
03-18-2006, 09:52 AM
Phil, spoke to Trimble, they are booked out until April 3rd :bawling: , sounds like it woulda been PERFECT though...

back to the drawing board...

Cuda
03-18-2006, 10:03 AM
Jim, you are welcome to bring your MH to our place and hook it up. Last year at Bikeweek, a buddy of mine did that, and my parents have done it, or you are welcome to stay with us, if dog hair and cigarrette smoke doesn't bother you. Btw, I did real well Monday and Tuesday cutting back on my smokes, but Wednesday, it was back on. :(

gcarter
03-18-2006, 10:04 AM
Sorry g, I meant on Friday.
Well, I guess I need to talk to Catch then because on Friday the best place to launch is Herlong Park at the South end of Lake Griffin where the steam locomotive is.

J&K SHAHBAS
03-20-2006, 09:00 AM
Were coming on Friday but wont get in till probably 2or3pm still havnt figured
out the hotel deal yet im 10th on the list at the lakeside so its not looking good there. What do you think the best bet is thats close to boat ramp. Is anyone else booked anywhere close. I would stay with Cuda but we have a friend and the kid!

BUIZILLA
03-20-2006, 09:09 AM
John, check your pm's, I think I got ya covered....

Jim

RedDog
03-20-2006, 09:17 AM
Looks like I'm in sans boat.

Staying at the Super 8 in Leesburg

My plan is to hook up with George et al early Friday AM.

sweet 16 1966
03-20-2006, 09:21 AM
Looks like they are booked everywhere at Mr Dora.
Looks like a good weekend to camp or travel!

Cuda
03-20-2006, 09:21 AM
Well, I guess I need to talk to Catch then because on Friday the best place to launch is Herlong Park at the South end of Lake Griffin where the steam locomotive is.
G, I talked to Jim and Jim Sr last night, yes, Herlong will be fine for Friday. I was confused earlier about a train blocking the entrance to a ramp. I thought it was that one. I'm probably launching at Trimble Park on Saturday, and meeting everyone at Lakeside.

sweet 16 1966
03-20-2006, 11:13 AM
Joe,
Did you locate your problem on the 22'?
I will be putting in a water pump tonight when I get home from work!

Cuda
03-20-2006, 11:35 AM
I'm putting the new distributor in right now. Of course, the pigtail has round connectors, and the distributor leads have blade type. Off the hardware store. I hope they have them.

J&K SHAHBAS
03-20-2006, 11:46 AM
Were in at the holidayinn express in taveres Big thanks Jim!!! How far is lakeside by boat from here do you have to go through dora canal? my boat went through the canal last time we were there is water up? Looking forward from a break from work and to see some great friends!!!!

sweet 16 1966
03-20-2006, 10:16 PM
Do they have any more rooms?
I will call in the am.

sweet 16 1966
03-20-2006, 10:34 PM
Pulled the old pump off and had a inhole in the back of it. Not that old.
Love that salt water!

Tidbart
03-21-2006, 07:07 AM
Hey everyone,

I just modified a map to show the intended routes for Friday and Saturday for those who may not be familiar with the lakes. It is in Word format. See attachment.

The intention is to leave the Lakeside with a group around 09:00 Friday, give or take a few minutes. We should hook up with George et al, around 10:00, give or take a few. See the Blue route.

If any one needs to meet along the route this should give you an idea of where we are headed and when to meet up.

The orange route is Saturday's for lunch.

Weather looks great! Friday and Saturday should be in the low 70s. Mostly sunny both days. Should be a little chilly in the morning, so dress appropriately.

Can't wait!!!

gcarter
03-21-2006, 12:01 PM
Well done with the map Bob!!
Very descriptive.

gcarter
03-22-2006, 06:17 PM
Just checked Fridays weather, and even though it's supposed to rain a lot tomorrow, Friday looks like a great day.
At 9:00 AM, it will be 57*, a bit warmer than last years 39*. Then it warms up to nearly 70*, and sunny. The only downside is it may be a bit windy later, but it shouldn't bother us in the river.

:wavey:

onesubdrvr
03-22-2006, 09:14 PM
:kaioken: :angryfire :mad: Well, figures, spent some time last weekend washing the boat, fired it up, checked the tires / etc. ready to go,

BUT,

As my parts man is a MORON, and they just can't manage to have a part emergency freighted until 4 days after I ask for it,

I won't be there Friday - I've got a customer I've got to keep happy, bastards!!!!

Won't be there Saturday either, turns out I've got a couple of people coming to look at the Ragazza, too bad they didn't want to travel to Orlando and go for a ride - MORONS!!

Have fun y'all, and Last Tango - I'll catch up with you on that CD someday soon, would love to post some of those pictures!!

Wayne
- a little :kaioken: :angryfire :mad: :angryfire :kaioken: at the moment -

J&K SHAHBAS
03-23-2006, 11:50 AM
Lakeside inn called yesterday, got us in for sat. said we will probably get friday also. We currently have one room at holiday inn express but would be nice to get the whole trip in at the lakeside. Poodle do they let you keep your trailer at the lakeside? If they call today I will post to see if anyone else can use the room at holiday express.

pmreed
03-23-2006, 01:35 PM
Yes, you can keep trailers at the Inn. We usually park'em on the tennis courts.

Phil

J&K SHAHBAS
03-23-2006, 02:53 PM
When staying at the lakeside what is the closest ramp to put the boat in?

Cuda
03-23-2006, 03:34 PM
There's a ramp right there at Lakeside. I guess they will let you use it.

pmreed
03-23-2006, 03:40 PM
Up until Friday, use the Gilbert Park ramp about 3 blocks east of the Inn. I think you take Liberty Ave. down to it. You can still use it early Friday morning, but you'll have to run the gauntlet of wood boaters and explain you're staying at the Inn and won't be taking up boat show trailer parking. Later in the day and Saturday, use the Trimble Park ramp. It's about 3 miles east of town on Lake Beauclair.

Phil