PDA

View Full Version : Aldon Winshield

dpartain
03-08-2006, 01:44 PM
I recently bought a 1996 210 Medallion and am doing a light restore on it. I need the weatherstrip that covers the screws that hold the windshield on. It is an Aldon windshield but various searches yeild no results. Anyone know if this company still exists or have any other avenues to find this rubber strip.
D

Looped
03-09-2006, 09:28 AM
D,

Have you tried to contact them at this phone number? I could not find a website for them, but I found a few boat windshield frame patents for this company:

Aldon Industries
1900 47th Avenue Terrace East, Bradenton, FL 34201
(941) 747-1900

I'm not sure if it's the same company but it's worth a shot....

Craig

dpartain
03-09-2006, 03:21 PM
Craig Thnx for the info it does appear to be the correct company. I spoke with the receptionist and they do sell boat windshields. Left a voicemail with sales and we will see what happens. How exactly did you find the #? I have searched for weeks and found many Aldons but no windshield co.
Thanks again
David

Looped
03-09-2006, 07:00 PM
David,

I first ran a search on Yahoo.com for “Aldon Boat Windshield”. After going through a few pages I found this link http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4993351.html for a patent on a Aldon windshield extrusion. While scrolling down a few pages I found the Assignee name: Aldon Industries, Inc. (Bradenton, FL)

Once I had this information, I went to www.superpages.com to see if they still exist and to see if a phone number was listed. Sure enough, they were listed.

Good luck!
Craig

dpartain
03-16-2006, 04:44 PM
Craig,
Good deal I am still awaitng for them to call me back with a price/availability but that was a fine piece of research you did, many thanks.
David