PDA

View Full Version : Quick question, left or right hand drive?

Lineleader
03-08-2006, 12:53 PM
Just to clarify....If my prop is turning to the right or clockwise when I'm facing the transom from the outside of the boat, then I have a right hand drive right?

Or......is it viewed from inside the boat looking down, then it would be turning left, or left hand drive.

I just wanted to make sure if I purchased a new or rebuilt outdrive, I would be buying the right one (pun not intended) for my application.

Many thanks,

LL

Lineleader
03-08-2006, 01:46 PM
It's an original TRS drive....

Pismo
03-08-2006, 01:48 PM
Yes clockwise rotation looking from the stern forward is right hand prop/drive. A TRS is always hard to turn because you are always spinning all those gears and shafts all the way up to inside the boat.

MOP
03-08-2006, 02:29 PM
The TRS's came in both right and left, I do not know how to tell the difference. If you spin it the opposite direction I have been told they die an early death, good idea to find out how to tell which is which.

Phil

mrfixxall
03-08-2006, 05:17 PM
Got a pic? The sharp edge on the front of the prop indicates the direction,if it cuts to the rt then rt hand if it cuts to the left then left hand...

tmdog
03-08-2006, 06:12 PM
[QUOTE=Lineleader]Just to clarify....If my prop is turning to the right or clockwise when I'm facing the transom from the outside of the boat, then I have a right hand drive right?
Or......is it viewed from inside the boat looking down, then it would be turning left, or left hand drive.

The question was on prop rotation. Yes, standing in back of the transom and the prop turns clockwise it is a right hand rotation. I really don't know whether you have a trs or an eggbeater. It does not make a difference.:smile: :smile: