PDA

View Full Version : Armani's Donzi Ad Campaign

harbormaster
03-08-2006, 12:44 PM
I received the following email from Josh Stickles, Donzi's VP of Marketing:

Scot-

During the last Sarasota Donzi Rally, you and I were talking about the Armani photo shoot that Donzi was working on in Mexico. Since then, we ended up selling Armani a boat, which they photographed down in the Sea of Cortez. We announced the launch of the Armani Exchange campaign in February, and ads featuring a Donzi 22 Classic are now running in over 30 major publications from now through May. Armani has pictures of the Donzi in their 52 stores, the boat is on billboards in New York and LA, and Armani is putting the 22 Classic on display inside their flagship retail location in NYC.

We’ve worked with Armani to put together a pretty cool promotion that ties into the campaign. They’re giving away a 2006 16 Classic. Anyone can register to win and there’s no need to purchase anything.

This is Armani’s promotion, but everyone on the Registry might like a chance of winning the boat. All the details are at www.armaniexchange.com. Check it out!

Also, I know that everyone is wondering what’s up with the Donzi website. We are working around the clock on an entirely new DonziMarine.com, and plan to launch it soon. Actually, we had planned to launch it a while ago, but in the end the project has benefited as a result of the extra development time. The scope of this site is really ambitious. If you think of all the elements of today’s Donzi: the boats, racing, history, their owners, poker runs, tournaments, partnerships (Miami Vice, Shelby, Armani, etc), Donzi girls, clothing, and all of the various components of Donzi, well, we’ve got a lot to talk about. The new site will contain much more content, in a far more accessible and appealing format.

Anyway – those are just a couple things that I thought our friends on the Registry might want to know about. There’s a lot more that we’ll be announcing soon, but I thought that a chance to win a free Donzi might be of interest. So you know, this promotion is set to run in Armani’s 52 stores and via website only, which is actually fairly limited exposure for such an expensive giveaway. It would be pretty cool if a Donzi enthusiast won it!

Thanks to you and the Registry. We appreciate all you do for us.

Josh

Reedy
03-08-2006, 01:24 PM
Thanks Scot! Great info.

Greg K
03-08-2006, 02:08 PM
Just a few examples..
http://www.armaniexchange.com/images/us/local/spring06/mar_mens_gate.gif
http://www.armaniexchange.com/images/us/local/spring06/PLEASURE-SEEKER---W.jpg
http://www.armaniexchange.com/images/us/local/spring06/SWEPT-AWAY---W.jpg
http://www.armaniexchange.com/images/us/local/spring06/mar_womens_gate.gif

synack
03-08-2006, 02:22 PM
She's in the boat with heels on! There goes the upholstry!

pmreed
03-08-2006, 03:52 PM
Just entered. Can't wait to get my new boat that I can't even fit in:biggrin: .
I'm looking forward to the new website.

Phil

gold-n-rod
03-08-2006, 04:29 PM
Man, I miss the days when models had nice, big :smileybo:

That Armani model is built like a 10 year old!!! :shocking: :shocking: :shocking:

MrsDigger
03-08-2006, 08:48 PM
In my opinion, the chick needs to eat a friggin potato...but that is beside the point...

I really responded to this because the title made me think immediately of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer was the underwear model....anyone else remember that one???

Patti
03-08-2006, 08:59 PM
Oh yes..I do!..I LOVE Seinfeld

"His buttocks are SUBLIME!" hehehe

funny stuff.

Patti
03-08-2006, 09:01 PM
Oh and I agree..it's quite scary when some of todays women have the figure of a 12 year old boy..so please..someone please give these girls a twinkie or something.

boldts
03-08-2006, 11:51 PM
Entered dad and I. Wouldn't mind at all to see a new 16 Classic in the driveway in time for AOTH.

TuxedoPk
03-09-2006, 09:28 AM
Attractive models, but yes they do have boyish figures and could stand to lose 10-15 lbs.

RickSE
03-09-2006, 10:03 AM
They should have used the Donzi models. Not sure if she's still working with Donzi but April is a stunning beautiful woman in person. :rlol:

MrsDigger
03-09-2006, 10:09 AM
great looking shots now do they have a
"regular guy look" ;)
no wonder the truck couldn't pull the 22 out it was loaded with PR materials :rlol:

I think most male models are playing from the brokeback side of the mountain...

The problem with using haute couture models to advertise something fun like boating is that the models are always pouting and looking constipated, not like they are actually enjoying themselves...now, I can see if the guy was scowling--I can just imagine Digger's face if I tried to wear shoes like that on Freedom...but then again, maybe they are just hungry...

Patti
03-09-2006, 10:25 AM
Attractive models, but yes they do have boyish figures and could stand to lose 10-15 lbs.
Lose 10-15 pounds?

They probably only weigh 80 pounds soaking wet :eek:

Did you mean gain? I think they could use a few of these http://www.websmileys.com/sm/cartoon/1241.gif

Carl C
03-09-2006, 11:06 AM
I just entered. The 16 will make a great tender for the 22! By the way, I got a pop-up that my firewall had blocked four instant cookies. I wonder what else might be attached to entering this contest. Randy, those giant melons are eye candy for sure but they don't look so hot when the get our age! I prefer the shape of a smaller natural breast too. Anyway, enough of that. I can't wait to pick up my new 16 Classic this summer!:yippie:

Rootsy
03-09-2006, 11:29 AM
I just entered. The 16 will make a great tender for the 22! By the way, I got a pop-up that my firewall had blocked four instant cookies. I wonder what else might be attached to entering this contest. Randy, those giant melons are eye candy for sure but they don't look so hot when the get our age! I prefer the shape of a smaller natural breast too. Anyway, enough of that. I can't wait to pick up my new 16 Classic this summer!:yippie:

then bring it and your checkbook and i'll make it "run" for you :yes:

RickSE
03-09-2006, 11:37 AM
I think most male models are playing from the brokeback side of the mountain...

Probably why he doesn't want to sit down at the wheel.

This is getting way off track, must be related to the "Boring" thread.

boxy
03-09-2006, 11:51 AM
Somebody, who shall remain nameless, scored one of four of the Armani portofolios @ the Miamuh boatshow. He wouldnt let me scan it, but vowed to scan and post when he got home.. apparently he didnt ever get home as I never saw the scans...
Maybe his tires gave out or something....
I have a magazine at home (Ocean Drive I believe) with one of the ads in it.. Nice campaign...

The nameless APE sure was able to find the time to post the ads for his SpeedWeak buddies, maybe next time he should call them for a push .... :D :D

ChromeGorilla
03-09-2006, 03:18 PM
Tux "gets it".....:biggrin:

Anyhoo before I get any more chit from y'all........ :biggrin:

onesubdrvr
03-09-2006, 03:33 PM
But, first, how do I look in a thong???

Second, I read the rules for the contest, first time was fairly quickly and all I saw was 1 enterance per E-Mail address, and the lightbulb went off, it's easy with a website to create ALL the e-mail addy's you want, I was going to be a shoe-in to win, figured I could have pumped out nearly 10,000 enteries from now to when the contest closes,....

BUT, upon further inspection, one entery per E-mail or Person,.... :rolleyes:

What happened to enter as often as you'd like :cistineb:

Reminds me of that movie I think it was Real Genius - Val Kilmer / etc.? What was his name..............Laszlo?

L8R
Wayne

MrsDigger
03-09-2006, 04:36 PM
Probably why he doesn't want to sit down at the wheel.
This is getting way off track, must be related to the "Boring" thread.

Birds...haute couture models...at least their diet is the same...

Really, I'm just jealous of the obscenely young and the obscenely skinny... and thinking about forgoing the workouts for a little short-term bulimia.

And I'm no longer bored--it was 73 degrees today, it is staying light until almost 7 p.m., the gloomy overcast days of winter are (hopefully) behind us, the trees are budding in the back yard...AND we're getting ready to take the Freedom out this weekend--it's supposed to be 78 and sunny!!!
:beer: :yippie: :boat: :hyper:

McGary911
03-16-2006, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the update. I think I'll take my new Donzi in Blue. And my new model in.........nevermind :boggled:

goatee
03-22-2006, 08:35 PM
why do the covers look like a left handed helm?

ChromeGorilla
03-23-2006, 05:23 AM
Flipped negative.. Notice the gauges are bassackwards also...
Yes gauges are in reversed order... but notice they were smart enough to flip the numbers and text so as to read correctly.

LKSD
04-01-2006, 04:59 PM
I Thought my boat looked familiar. :D Too bad my new one is sitting in my shop waiting for the water & weather to look like that.. I wish it was us there in the photo shoot.. :D Jamie / Lakeside