PDA

View Full Version : Tampa/St. Pete/Clearwater Hotspots?

Tony
03-07-2006, 07:55 PM
My daughter and her fiancee have moved to this area, specifically the north side of St. Petersburg. They both left decent jobs for solid reasons, and are now on the hunt for something new. Impulsive yet confident, the spirit of youth lives on!

Anyway, she is a packaging engineer, and his degree is restaurant/hospitality management. He would like to find a lively spot to bartend while exploring other leads in his field. As the general manager of a successful restaurant he witnessed his bartenders making more in 30 hours than he did as salaried management!

So, what clubs/bars/restaurants/taverns have a good crowd 7 nights a week? Any of them upscale, with good quality food? Thanks for any opinions or advice you can offer these youngsters!!

:beer:

Donzigo
03-08-2006, 09:17 AM
Tampa:
Blue Martini
Splittsville
Carabbas - any of them
Bonefish Grill - any of them
St. Pete/Clearwater:
Carabbas - any of them
Bonefish - any of them
Chilis - any of them
Shepard's - Clearwater beach
As far as a "7 nights a week hot spot", hummmmm, that might be a stretch. Better money in the restaurant crowds every night. Hey, this isn't Chicago, Atlanta, NYC, etc. I do love living here; but, some have said it's for the "newly wed and the nearly dead".
We live on the Southside of St. Pete. on the water. So, if youy wish, give me their names, phone, etc. My kids are both male, 24 & 28. Both married, one is a Mortgage Recrutier and the other works for UPS for 5 years and also at Chilis as a waiter. They might be able to give your two, advice from someone more their age.
And, If they love the water and laugh easy & often, they might want to come hang with our family crew some weekend. We do have a lot of fun! We sport around on the weekends with a JetSki, 16" Scout, & Big-D (Z-33).
You might also have them contact JAMESBON (Nate). He's in touch with what happening in the North County Pinellas.
Donzigo & company..........

florida gator
03-08-2006, 08:20 PM
Ahhh, Shell Island. Can't waite to get back there soon.