PDA

View Full Version : Captains Call switchable exhaust

The Hedgehog
03-04-2006, 01:04 PM
I have the whole set up. Diverters, Y-pipe, pneumatic pump and switch. It just came out of the 27ZX

gold-n-rod
03-04-2006, 03:52 PM
Price?!?!?!?

The Hedgehog
03-04-2006, 04:14 PM
I am not great at used parts pricing. Here is an approximation Mercs price:
Y-pipe = $475
Diverters = $1,200
Pneumatic pump = $1,200

For a total of $2,875

What 50% off for being used? Maybe $1,400? I don't know about supply and demand in the used market but I do see manifolds go at around a 40% discount on Ebay (and sometimes higher). The system works great but I am going to either headers or a high performance manifold with long risers. I am kind of looking for some guidance.

The Hedgehog
03-04-2006, 09:32 PM
I have concluded that the good folks from Merc are high compared to some alternatives. I would take a good bit less if someone is interested.

Max Continuous
05-12-2006, 03:21 AM
CMI is making the best stuff.

Wathch out for stainless marine, Great product with a few minor design flaws. Requires a little tweaking actually augering about 2 to three hours worth and limits access to spark plugs.

Ford

The Hedgehog
05-21-2006, 09:08 PM
CMI is making the best stuff.
Wathch out for stainless marine, Great product with a few minor design flaws. Requires a little tweaking actually augering about 2 to three hours worth and limits access to spark plugs.
Ford
Thanks. I really appreciate your input on the products that I am selling!
BTW. I am not wanting prices higher than CMI and SM. And yes mine are Corsa. Just like they use at the factory.
You obviously did not read the classified. I am not selling the manifolds just the switchable system.
I am not sure why you are slamming SM. They have some the best products on the market. I guess that you have something better!
If you want to buy something then PM me. If not then go away!

Max Continuous
05-22-2006, 11:24 AM
I didn't have any intention of pissing you off. I thought you were looking for info. SM does have great products. I was simply stating a fact. I spent 3 hours augering the opening so I could acces my plugs and even got shorter ones.

Quite frankly sory and you can simply kiss my .....

Ford Goudey

The Hedgehog
05-22-2006, 04:33 PM
Not trying to pick a fight here.

I can see how you could take my looking for guidance as looking for guidance on manifolds etc. Now that I see where you are coming from I appreciate your comments. I am actually looking for guidance on pricing those used items. Not trying to make a profit but just trying to clear out the garage. That is why the post is in the classified section as opposed to elsewhere. I was actually kind of confused about what started the discussion about SM and CMI.

Just trying to sell something without confusion relating to other products. No need to tell me to kiss off.

Now try to have a nice day.

Max Continuous
05-22-2006, 05:24 PM
No big deal.

Ford