PDA

View Full Version : Take out engine

onesubdrvr
03-04-2006, 12:31 PM
Looking for a Chevy V-6 or V-8 take out, running condition. Short block, Long block, or complete engine, looking for a good price.

Thanks
Wayne

onesubdrvr
03-10-2006, 03:41 PM
Surely someone has SOMETHING laying around!?

Thanks for looking!
Wayne

DonCig
03-10-2006, 10:51 PM
I have one, but it all depends on what you are looking for. Right now it is a 1997 350 Mag MPI Gen+ Fuel Injected wonder with everytjing attached except for the exhaust manifolds. 160 hours and runs great.
When do you need it and what is your price range?

Don

onesubdrvr
03-11-2006, 11:01 PM
Don,

That's a little more than what I'm looking for right now.

What I'm looking for is an engine for the Ragazza, so nothing special, just running and in decent shape (ie doesn't need to be rebuilt). I'm looking to spend as little as possible :biggrin: between $600-$800. I have some parts, and could probably get away with just a long block, or even a short block (have to get my heads checked out) (I have a carb, intake, all accessories / etc). Basically, I want to take the engine out of my Ragazza for the X boat, and install something into the Ragazza to make it sellable (so V-6, V-8, 305, 350, doesn't matter). The funds from selling the Ragazza go to doing work to the X.

If I happen to sell the Ragazza with my engine before I find one, I'd be interested in your complete package.

Thanks a bunch!
Wayne

gold-n-rod
03-12-2006, 08:02 AM
Wayne: I ASSume that you are watching eBay carefully. It's repowering season and something will turn up.

I searched a little and found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mercruiser-engine_W0QQitemZ4619215028QQcategoryZ50442QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

I know you have an OMC drive, so maybe the MC motors won't work. You'll have to check with someone more knowledgeable than me on that detail.

Good luck in your search.

onesubdrvr
03-12-2006, 08:18 AM
Randy,

Thanks,

I can use a mercruiser engine, no problem. That one you linked to seems like pretty much what I'm looking for, but unfortunately, it's about 1000 miles away, and I think freight would get me.

Anyway, your right, it is repower season, and I'll keep my eyes open, that with everyone helping here (thanks everyone), something will pop up.

Wayne