PDA

View Full Version : Bikeweek

Cuda
03-03-2006, 09:10 PM
A bunch of my buddies from Pinellas stopped by on the way to Bikeweek. There are four more bikes not in the picture. Most of them are staying at my buddy Randy's place in Ormond. They are all guys staying there. They are having Sausage Fest '06!:eek:

We have two couples from Pinellas staying with us. No sausage party here! :)

22zxla
03-03-2006, 09:20 PM
cool! think that a nice bike will be my next toy!

Cuda
03-04-2006, 05:02 PM
Rode to Destination Daytona, through the woods back here to Deland. We got to see lots of stuff, and still got in 95 miles of riding today.

Cuda
03-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Velocity had a 41 on display, along with bikes that the painter, Chris Cruz has done.

Cuda
03-04-2006, 05:07 PM
How did these pictures get on my camera??:confused: :confused: :confused:

Cuda
03-04-2006, 05:10 PM
Chow time now. Oysters, shrimp and steaks. Even the dogs are feasting. They love oyster shells. :)

Dr. Dan
03-04-2006, 09:45 PM
:cool: Wow... I am toying with the idea of getting a Fat Boy! Anything I should know? I am not looking to Tour, just an occassional Sunday drive or bringing it to Donzi Events to run around on when I'm not wet!

Doc :shades:

Cuda
03-04-2006, 09:51 PM
:cool: Wow... I am toying with the idea of getting a Fat Boy! Anything I should know? I am not looking to Tour, just an occassional Sunday drive or bringing it to Donzi Events to run around on when I'm not wet!
Doc :shades:
I like Fatboys, especially if you don't plan on taking long trips on it. A freind of mine traded his Fatboy for a Road King, and he wishes he still had his fatboy.
Do you plan on riding two up with Liz?

Dr. Dan
03-05-2006, 08:55 AM
:bonk: Don't know, I would imagine on occasion we would, I am torn between a Heritage Soft Tail and the Plain Jane Fat Boy, I really can't justify the $$$ for the Blinged out Screamin Eagle Fat Boy...but I do think it's cool. This will be my first bike, so I don't wanna go nutz.

:wavey: My guess it will mostly be me running around, back and forth to different areas, most would be less than 2 hours from home.

I know these don't handle like a BMW and I know there are better values, but I really like the look of the Fat Boy, always have. Kinda like the 22 Classic, it just works for me.

Any guidance is always appreciated though.

Doc :spongebob

Cuda
03-05-2006, 03:59 PM
My first was a Harley 95 Softail Custom, that I proceeded to drop just after I got off the driveway the first time I rode it. I then decided it would be cheaper to drop a Suzuki, so bought a brand new Suzi C50 Boulevard to basically learn on. I planned on giving Debbie the Suzi when I felt competant, but I ended up buying her a new V Rod for her birthday, because she wanted a crotch rocket, and I wanted her to have a HD. It was the best compromise. Anyway, I was riding both my HD and my Suzi, which my boys had dubbed a "Fatgirl". I loved riding my HD, but it was a ground pounder, all stripped, lowered, and with a Lepara Bare Bones seat. The seat was aptly named. I couldn't ride it for more than twenty miles without having to get off. It killed my bony ass to ride it farther than that. I got to where I hardly ever rode the HD, so I sold it a couple weeks ago. I had put bags on my "Fatgirl" and turned into a "Road Queen". That bike is so comfortable and easy to ride, I'd suggest getting one of them first. You can buy them used with low, low miles for cheap, almost a third of what a Fatboy will cost. They practically ride themselves. Debbie's V Rod just fits her so well, I couldn't bring myself to sell it, even though we don't ride that much, it cuts into our boating time. Seriously, check out a couple jap bikes first. I just rode mine all weekend at Bikeweek, and never had a problem keeping up with the boys on their HDs.

Here's a picture taken today at the Cabbage Patch. My Road Queen is in the foreground, and DD's V Rod on the other side.

Cuda
03-05-2006, 04:01 PM
Forgot to attach the pic to the last post.

BUIZILLA
03-06-2006, 04:36 PM
I'm coming up that way for Bike Week Cuda, maybe we'll see ya around.

:spit:

Cuda
03-06-2006, 06:15 PM
I'm coming up that way for Bike Week Cuda, maybe we'll see ya around.
:spit:
Jim, where are you staying? Give us a call, we are pretty much open this week.

BUIZILLA
03-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Cuda, i'll be at Holiday Travel Park, exit 278, all the way in the back right corner by the BMW and Harley dry campers... I got a full hookup motorcoach sight for $47 a night.. :lookaroun i'm bringing the BMW scooter.

JH

Cuda
03-06-2006, 07:34 PM
When are you coming?

BUIZILLA
03-06-2006, 07:57 PM
late Weds night or early Thurs morning.

Woodsy
03-07-2006, 07:40 AM
Doc...

Check out the Road Glide... Thats my personal fave! I am hoping to score one before Bike Week this year in Laconia! Silver of course...

Woodsy

Dr. Dan
03-07-2006, 07:57 AM
Doc...
Check out the Road Glide... Thats my personal fave! I am hoping to score one before Bike Week this year in Laconia! Silver of course...
Woodsy

Nice, I have the new model brochure right here on my desk, that looks really neat, they show it in Silver in here...MSRP is just under $18.

I am toying with the idea of Tossing one of these puppies in the back of the PickUp and hauling it around to the Donzi Events, just to have something to Tour the Beautiful areas with. A friend of mine Tim White, brings his to Florida and it always just seemed like the neatest thing, kinda the best of both worlds.

Winnie, 1000 Ilses and Lake George are sooooo spectacular it really doesn't take alot of rationalization for me. The real decision will be which Scooter to actually buy...when the time comes I will consult the Gods of Harley & Others here first.

Good Luck with that Dave that Road Glide will be sweet for sure.

Doc :smash:

Johntrip
03-07-2006, 09:43 AM
I had a Fatboy... sold it last year to buy the Donzi. The first change I made was the rims..... The solid rims are effected by the cross winds more and will move the bike side to side on the highway.... Was'nt a good feeling...!!!

Cuda
03-07-2006, 09:52 AM
I had a Fatboy... sold it last year to buy the Donzi. The first change I made was the rims..... The solid rims are effected by the cross winds more and will move the bike side to side on the highway.... Was'nt a good feeling...!!!
There is endless argument about whether the solid wheels cause wind to effect the bike. Some say yes, and some no. They say that a spoke wheel is like a solid wheel at speed. They say to try to spray a hose through a spinning spoke wheel, and no water goes through, making it in essence a solid wheel. Deb's V Rod has solid wheels, and it seems to me to be more effected by the wind, but it could just be my perception. I would think Harley would have done studies on it, and if there was any validity to the claim, they would sell the solid wheels that would leave them open to lawsuits.

BUIZILLA
03-07-2006, 11:32 AM
I put the polished Fat Boy solid rims on my Road King and didn't feel any adverse effects..

Cuda
03-08-2006, 05:28 PM
Now I know why they have the coleslaw wrestling on Wednesdays. There were more bikes there today, than was at Destination Daytona on Saturday. If it was on the weekend, they couldn't handle the crowd.

Cuda
03-08-2006, 05:29 PM
There were so many people, there wasn't a chance of seeing the wrestling. :(

Cuda
03-08-2006, 05:31 PM
Note Debbie's VIP parking spot. :)

Cuda
03-08-2006, 05:33 PM
We rode from there over to the Speedway. I wanted to look at Suzuki's new M109. I liked it a lot! 120 rwhp ought to get it done. Very V Rod-like, even the exhaust.

BUIZILLA
03-09-2006, 08:17 AM
Cuda, I see you deleted Debby's cell #....

mine is 305.796.0222

Cuda
03-09-2006, 08:26 AM
Pm'd the number to you. Are you in town now?

rickaroy
03-09-2006, 09:01 AM
I have been smelling gasoline and rubber in my sleep for a week....................

It must be spring!

Cuda
03-10-2006, 08:44 PM
We talked to Buizilla tonight. He rode 180 miles today in the Daytona area. He said he's had enough of that traffic. He's going to meet us at Three Banana's on Crescent Lake for lunch tomorrow. It's a beautiful ride out there, and a great spot to eat.

We rode to New Smyrna and hooked up with my friend at JB's fishcamp for lunch. Lots of bikes, and damn good food.

Cuda
03-10-2006, 08:48 PM
Remember that Seifeld episode where there was a woman with man hands breaking up lobster claws? Debbie's man hands are completely covering her blue crab.:biggrin:

I hope she doesn't read this, or her man hands may be around my throat!:eek!:

Cuda
03-10-2006, 08:49 PM
Oops, forgot the pics.

Cuda
03-11-2006, 05:46 PM
We hooked up with Buizilla today in Crescent City at Three Bananas. We had perfect timing. He got there about five minutes after we got there.

Cuda
03-11-2006, 05:48 PM
We left from there, and Jim wanted to see where Porky's was located. It was only about ten miles from where we were. It was a great ride on the bikes down that curly country road.

We left from there and road to Blackwater Inn in Astor. It was a great day.:biggrin.:

BUIZILLA
03-12-2006, 03:02 PM
I had an awesome time yesterday........

the new Destination Daytona Harley store is the size of Bass Pro Shops... except the Harley store has an escalator and elevator in the showroom. There were sooooo many people in the store, I had to wait in a short line for the escalator, to get to the second floor, and this was at 9:30 am, the store just opened... 3 or 4 checkout lanes like a grocery store, that were always 6-7 deep in each lane, the 3 hours I was there... Lotto ticket stand in the lobby... the air conditioned glass window viewable service dept takes up about 1/2 of the second floor, with even more elevators just for that... 2nd floor service waiting lobby is the size of a small McDonalds...

I got sidetracked in the Road Glide dept., that was a bad thing..... :D :rolleyes: :garfield: wouldn't ya know it, they had a grey/silver one with my name on it... CD player and all ;) they sold/delivered 124 Harleys in 3 previous days, with 26 more live deals going just while I was there, most every new bike was $1000 over MSRP...

The BMW store was literally delivering bikes as fast as they could write sales tickets, I had mine parked next to the showroom, and one of the salesman was trying to sell it while I was inside shopping, apparently I had parked it in the used bike corral... :boggled:

many thanx to Deb & Cuda for the countryside tour, by the time I got back to the coach I had ridden 167 miles, 85 more after I left Cuda and went back to the beach, and I had ridden 68 miles on a morning loop tour before I found them..... 235 miles/15 hours/2 tanks of fuel is long assss day on the bike in those parts of the woods.....

JH

Cuda
03-13-2006, 04:59 PM
My buddy Randy just sent a picture he took of Jim, Debbie, and me.