PDA

View Full Version : 1972 X-18 (#16)

onesubdrvr
03-01-2006, 03:35 PM
I purchased this boat thinking I would have time for a project, a little here a little there kind of thing, but, I don't have time for a project right now, as has been proven by my 1 weekend of work I've been able to get done on this one since I got the boat months and months ago.

I don't want to be boatless, and would consider trading for an 18' or larger pontoon. Obviously partial trade or full depending on condition / etc. of item offered.

The X is a 1972 Donzi X-18 (Hull #16) Engine has been removed as the stringers / gussets need some attention. Drive was a Volvo 270, but that is gone and I have a Volvo 280 with power tilt and trim that goes with it. The engine is a 320hp Chris Craft, but the block has a crack in it, but leaked little, and was running when removed. Deck is solid, blue hull and sides, white deck, blue stripe. Pictures are posted on the board or available via E-Mail request.
*some pictures below, some here http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=42974

More on the board somewhere!

Price, TRADES CONSIDERED FIRST!! or $4,000 - less than what I paid for it 6 months ago, except you are getting the upgrade to the 280 drive. Includes a single axel trailer that has travelled all the way from upper Michigan to South Florida with no problems. Also have the matching morse shifter with tilt / trim button on it that goes with the drive. Drive will come with the 23" Thrasher prop. The 280 drive is currently disassembled as I was prepping for paint, and was going to replace the plastic bushings / seals / etc.

pm me here, or feel free to contact me with any questions at
onesubdrvr@southeastdonzi.net

Thanks
Wayne

xacto
05-06-2006, 03:36 PM
Hey is the X18 still for sale?
Xacto

onesubdrvr
05-22-2006, 08:41 PM
Sorry for not have gotten in touch with you, I've been a little busy lately,

I'll try and reach 'ya soon

Wayne

onesubdrvr
05-29-2006, 01:39 PM
Best REASONABLE offer, I've got somethin' in the works I'd like to move along

Thanks!
Wayne

boldts
05-29-2006, 05:34 PM
Wayne, good luck with the sale. Timing just isn't right for me right now and project goes with me like ice and a car doing 90 MPH. Since riding in Poodle's X, I've loved that model. I'd need someone to put her back together for me though. The colors are right on.

onesubdrvr
05-29-2006, 06:26 PM
Wayne, good luck with the sale. Timing just isn't right for me right now and project goes with me like ice and a car doing 90 MPH. Since riding in Poodle's X, I've loved that model. I'd need someone to put her back together for me though. The colors are right on.
Scott,

I love it too, if it was done I wouldn't let it go, BUT, too many pokers in the fire, and not enough coals. I just don't have any time. The object is to get my pontoon quest ended, and just keep putting a couple of hundred a month into a cookie jar, and by the time I'm ready for a go fast again (figure 4 or 5 years), I'll be able to get something turn key, then, when I'm down to 2 kids left in the house (they'll be teens by then), I'll get ANOTHER boat as a project, and do it EXACTLY as I want.

Like you, I'll be sticking around with or without boat, keeping the seadog site up, and even making it to events every once in a while, bumming rides and such.

Thanks for the best wishes!
Wayne

onesubdrvr
07-12-2006, 11:48 PM
TTT Y'all

:wink: :yes: :)