PDA

View Full Version : Poodle

Cuda
03-01-2006, 03:18 PM
Can you get these stainless steel c snap clamp thingies? They are for K planes. I could only find non stainless from Home Depot. You see how well they held up. :(

Cuda
03-01-2006, 03:20 PM
I just looked at the picture, and there isn't enough of it left to show you the part. I should have taken a picture of the side that still has the ss snap.

I was going to test smoke the 302 today, after having new cables and a fuel pump installed, but I looked at this, and thought that maybe losing a K-plane at 70 might not be a good idea.

Forrest
03-01-2006, 04:20 PM
I have a Merc part number for these on file . . . let me dig it tonight. I had to buy some for my tabs on the Magnum. They are used only on the first generation K-planes and are hard as hell to find in the parts books.

Cuda
03-01-2006, 04:29 PM
I believe they are half inch. I'd go out an measure one, but the boat is still at the shop.

That would be a big help Forrest, thanks.

gcarter
03-01-2006, 04:51 PM
Joe, if Home Depot has them (whatever they are) in carbon steel, then McMaster Carr ( www.mcmastercarr.com ) probably has them in SST. I have ordered stuff out of their Atlanta warehouse by 5:00 PM on line and it was delivered by the little brown truck the next morning!!!!
That's pretty remarkable.
The main thing is you have to know what the generic name is, like "E-ring".

Forrest
03-01-2006, 05:03 PM
Yea, you can measure the diameter of shaft, the depth and width of the groove, and order the correct grade stainless retaining ring from some industrial jobber, or your can just give Poodle Quicksilver part number 53-844229 and I'm sure he can help you.

Cuda
03-01-2006, 05:19 PM
Yea, you can measure the diameter of shaft, the depth and width of the grove, and order the correct grade stainless retaining ring from some industrial jobber, or your can just give Poodle Quicksilver part number 53-844229 and I'm sure he can help you.
I like your way Forrest! But thanks G for the ideas.