PDA

View Full Version : SHHHH!be quiet

joseph m. hahnl
02-28-2006, 07:21 PM
While Carl is making his 22 loud and illegal. I chose to quiet my Minx down some more. I've ordered the Dapars "Randy recomended them" And I have had my eye on them for a while even before he did. Hopefully there wont be a drop in HP and Top end. BUT I really don't want to listen to old foggy pontoon boat man whinning to the lake assocation this year. It would also be Nice to maybe listen to the CD player and carry on a conversation with out yelling. I hope they fit with out any modifications to the manifold and the tips.
Measuring thru the tips I got 11" to the manifold elbow. The Dapars are Advertised at 12" . So maybe some where I need to gain 1"

I also ordered a Norcross surface mount depth sounder Works at speeds to 70mph.thru the hull sonar, minimal drilling and compact. Hot Babes like to accessorize and they love gem stones and this Minx is no exception. So I figured she'd like a new jewel "saphire"A Ritchie Super sport compass.

Looks like I'll be drilling a few holes when it gets warm.

joe

gold-n-rod
02-28-2006, 07:47 PM
Yikes, I hope you can find an inch somewhere! I think you'll like them. You shouldn't lose any speed, I didn't on my big boat.

Just remember, the baffles hold water, hence the muffling effect. When you first start it up, it will bark because there's no water in them. Then, right before your very ears, you'll hear it quiet right down as the water fills the baffles.

As far as the inch goes, you should be able to trim that off the ends of the Dappars. They are made of fiberglass. Of course, you won't be able to return them once they've been modified.

I look forward to hearing (hah) how you like them.

Sam
03-01-2006, 09:11 AM
Hey hey now, I love my pontoon ;) .

Sam