PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning a crud off of a prop

synack
02-27-2006, 08:53 PM
I have a stainless prop that has deposits on it from sitting in the water for a few weeks. Anyone know a good way to get it clean? I think it may be soaked or something to loosen up all the crud.

mrfixxall
02-27-2006, 09:18 PM
I have a stainless prop that has deposits on it from sitting in the water for a few weeks. Anyone know a good way to get it clean? I think it may be soaked or something to loosen up all the crud.

bleach works good and kills just about anything thats green... or try this stuff that rex marine makes its called wipe clean.....works great on your exhaust tips that have baked on water minerals too......

synack
07-22-2006, 08:37 AM
I wound up trying some toilet bowl cleaner and it worked like magic!

harbormaster
07-22-2006, 12:54 PM
Muratic acid from the swimming pool story is the most awesome way, It cleans off all the crap and does not hurt the stainless steel prop.

mrfixxall
07-22-2006, 01:06 PM
I wound up trying some toilet bowl cleaner and it worked like magic!
Thats because its got muratic acid in it..

Tony
07-22-2006, 08:13 PM
Once it's clean try 303 Aerospace Protectant on it. I don't know why, but it acts like a wax on my ss trim tabs...water beads up and wipes off clean without leaving any spots.

need for speed
07-23-2006, 11:20 AM
303 Aerospace Protectant is great stuff use it on the seats works great till you have to pay for it wowww$$$

gcarter
07-23-2006, 12:28 PM
FWIW, vinegar is ascetic acid.
Most of the household, bathroom cleaners are phosphoric acid.
Muriatic acid is great, but boy you have to be careful with it. It will literally disolve concrete.

blackhawk
07-24-2006, 02:43 PM
FWIW, vinegar is ascetic acid.
Most of the household, bathroom cleaners are phosphoric acid.
Muriatic acid is great, but boy you have to be careful with it. It will literally disolve concrete.

And aluminum! :eek!: