PDA

View Full Version : Lake Hartwell Poker Run

ChromeGorilla
02-27-2006, 05:38 PM
It's on May 27th. Anyone in NC, SC or GA thinking of going...only $50 to enter. Michelle and I will be there......

http://www.lake-hartwell.org/pokerrun/

undertaker
02-28-2006, 08:49 AM
How about people in PA :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Undertaker:shades:

Dr. Dan
02-28-2006, 09:12 AM
:cool: Scott is that you and Michelle in the Classic in the "Group about to head out" shot?

Looks like a pretty tame group!

I agree with the Best Looking Crew Award Winner from last year! Or at least half the Crew! :spongebob

Good Luck, make sure to bring your No Dose!

Doc :beer:

mikev
02-28-2006, 12:15 PM
sounds like fun I have always wanted to do one but felt intimidated running a 19' bowrider with a v6 that only runs about 50 mph even if it is a Donzi. I run lake hartwell all the time its a great lake so this should be a blast and memorial day weekend too. We always camp at the state park right next to the marina when we go.

ChromeGorilla
02-28-2006, 03:08 PM
Now that I look at that pic... it does have some resemblence don't it? Nope not us.... Hell for 50 bucks looks like a chance to meet a bunch of new peeps and go boating..... So how many hours do you have so far this year Danno? ;)

Dr. Dan
02-28-2006, 06:45 PM
Now that I look at that pic... it does have some resemblence don't it? Nope not us.... Hell for 50 bucks looks like a chance to meet a bunch of new peeps and go boating..... So how many hours do you have so far this year Danno? ;)

:bonk: I am sure it will be fun... Good Luck!

My Goal is not to log hours, but Events, and they don't start on my schedule until after May.... hell I might come down if my schedule allows... my biggest deterent on Boating time is my Fuel Consumption for my regular job, I drive so much I am dropping over $1200/month in Fuel...once Donzi Season hits, well to be honest it gets Nasty.... it's an unfortunate harsh reality for me... so I have to be picky what I do... it all comes out of the same bucket.

And it can suck....this year I plan to boat more locally, which might mean, trimming a few otherwise regular Donzi Events.... I am spoiled, I live an hour from the Chesapeake Bay and I drive hundreds of miles to Donzi Events, after driving several hundred miles during any given week. Its getting old, and so am I.

Doc of Nomad Driving Habits :wavey:

ChromeGorilla
02-28-2006, 07:20 PM
Dude...I totaly hear ya.... It's looking like 2 events for us this year... Miami and either the dustoff, or the rally..... Hopefully we meet up at one event or another this year....:wavey:

dfunde01
02-28-2006, 07:59 PM

Looking forward to meeting you at the Hartwell Poker Run. I think you'll come to really like Hartwell. Some guys with the Atlanta Powerboat Club have some pretty quick hulls on the lake. I've only seen one other Donzi on the lake, a 22 Classic I think. I got so fed up with Donzi over a minor warranty issue with my 05 16 that I sold it and got a Baja 272 Performance. I hope you'll still speak ;>).

Dave

mikev
03-01-2006, 04:55 PM
Ok guys still wondering if I will be ok running in a poker run in my boat or will I look like a chump in a Donzi bowrider that's lucky to run 50mph on a good day. someday its gonna have a fire breathing motor but not now.

ChromeGorilla
03-01-2006, 05:03 PM
Mike, sign up.... you won't regret it.

mikev
03-01-2006, 09:28 PM
thanks chrome gotta finalize the details and ditch the kids for the weekend will probably camp that weekend at hart state park right next to the marina. cant beat a campground with docks stayed there many times.