PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Press release

harbormaster
02-27-2006, 03:27 PM
From Josh Stickles of Donzi Marine

Donzi Announces Record Sales at Miami Show

For Immediate Release
Sarasota, FL February 27, 2006 – Donzi Marine, a premium builder of high performance recreational fiberglass powerboats, has announced a record increase in sales at the 2006 Miami International Boat Show. During the event, held February 16th-20th at the Miami Beach Convention Center, Donzi booked retail orders for 56 boats with an approximate value of $12 million. This represents an increase of approximately 50% over Donzi’s Miami results from the prior year.

“Donzi’s sales record is clear evidence of our strategic direction and leadership position in the performance boat industry, “ said Lee Kimmell, Chairman and CEO of American Marine Holdings, Donzi’s parent company.

Company executives credit their substantial investment in product development as the primary catalyst for Donzi’s success. “This was the best Miami Boat Show in Donzi’s history,” according to vice president of sales Tom Kosto. “Our research told us that customers were craving new product. We stepped up and delivered an entire new line of performance boats. It is now apparent just how well they have been received.” Kosto added that high traffic at the show and a generally strengthening market were additional elements of Donzi’s impressive showing.

Donzi introduced its newest models at a press conference on the show’s opening day. Among the new products introduced was Donzi’s new 27 ZR, which joins the company’s lineup of 35’, 38’, and 43’ ZR high performance models. Said Mr. Kimmell, “This is the fourth ZR we’ve introduced since 2005 – all of them bred directly from our World Champion offshore racing program. “ Mr. Kimmell explained that the 27 ZR is unique in that it brings genuine offshore performance to buyers in the sub-$100,000 market, and added, “Donzi is investing more in new high performance product than any other manufacturer.”

“We’ve launched eleven new models in fifteen months, six of which are making their Miami Show debut today, and we’re generating plenty of excitement in the process,” said Donzi vice president of marketing, Josh Stickles.

Stickles announced that Donzi had been selected to produce seven boats for the filming of the upcoming Universal Studios film, “Miami Vice,” directed by Michael Mann. “Universal hand-picked these boats,” according to Stickles, who also announced that Donzi is the “Official Vee-Bottom Boat of the Miami Vice Movie.” One of the boats used in the filming, a solid black Donzi 38 ZR, was on display at the show. “We will be working closely with Universal to promote our involvement in the film,” said Stickles, who added, “You’ll being seeing the Miami Vice Donzis everywhere from now through the premiere.”

In closing, Mr. Kimmell pledged Donzi’s continuing support for and sponsorship of the Southern Kingfish Association. Donzi displayed one of its newest SKA boats at the show, a 38 ZF Open powered by a trio of prototype Mercury Racing 300HP Optimax engines.

Founded in Miami in 1964, and located today in Sarasota, Florida, Donzi offers over 30 fiberglass powerboat models from 16 to 45 feet. In the past year Donzi has added a 70,000 square-foot facility to its manufacturing space, and recently completed the acquisition of an additional 2 ½-acre parcel adjoining its main production facility with plans for additional growth. Donzi is a division of American Marine Holdings, which also includes Pro Line, a market leader of recreational saltwater fishing boats from 17 to 35 feet; and AMH Government Services, which offers customized Donzi and Pro-Line vessels for government and military applications worldwide.

joel3078
02-28-2006, 10:07 AM
Me and my better half were at the boat show dock were the black miami vice boat would come in and out for rides. Every time that new boat came in, there was an immediate attraction to it from others. Very cool boat. Then as luck would have it, we stumbled accross this same boat at a poker run in Islamedora, FL. Again tied up to a dock with the cockpit cover on it. Pics attatched.

Carl C
02-28-2006, 11:32 AM
Me and my better half were at the boat show dock were the black miami vice boat would come in and out for rides. Every time that new boat came in, there was an immediate attraction to it from others. Very cool boat. Then as luck would have it, we stumbled accross this same boat at a poker run in Islamedora, FL. Again tied up to a dock with the cockpit cover on it. Pics attatched. Sweet lookin' boat (the Top Gun next to it is no slouch either). Finally a movie to look forward to!:smile:

mikev
02-28-2006, 12:05 PM
that boat is beautifull but I have had black cars and what a pain keeping them looking nice i couldnt imagine having to keep 38' of black shiney and looking good.

pmreed
02-28-2006, 12:49 PM
I love the black; I've got a black stripe 22C, but you could cook eggs on the stripe in the summer. That boat would get scary hot:kaioken: .

Phil

Shanghied Again
02-28-2006, 04:44 PM
And guess who used the boat for the Poker Run :) Me.we had a great time with her a little hot for Miami being baked in the sun but what a sacrafice and right behind me was my Donzi better half Melissa. The chopper couldn't get any closer if he tried

boldts
02-28-2006, 05:43 PM
Kinda looks like the Cig owner or rider may have thoughts of becoming a Donzi owner?

joel3078
03-01-2006, 09:33 AM
And guess who used the boat for the Poker Run :) Me.we had a great time with her a little hot for Miami being baked in the sun but what a sacrafice and right behind me was my Donzi better half Melissa. The chopper couldn't get any closer if he tried

Figured it was you (we ran into you looking at t-shirts in key west) ya lucky dude. Miami to thru the keys would be a blast. For the rest, a few more Islamedora (spell?) poker run pics.

Cuda
03-01-2006, 10:13 AM
I talked to Mike Flanagin from Lighting Bay Marine on that Friday. He said at that point, they had sold 9 Zr series boats, and one fishboat. He said it is usually the other way around. Donzi hit the mark with the Zr series. I think it's a good time to remember the driving force behind the Zr, may he rest in peace.

b.guggenmos
03-04-2006, 07:36 PM
I went to the Donzi webiste and as usual nothing on the new boats. In fact mostly very old info. I know they are busy but it would be nice if they could keep the website current.
Anyway the 27ZR sounds cool. Anyone have any info on this boat? Sounds like a neat addition and should compete with another 27 that has Fever in the name. I hope it does well for the company. Maybe they could add some new apparel to the line as well. Sounds like they are off to a good 2006!Thanks, Brian

boldts
03-05-2006, 04:50 PM
Brian, try using the search function and the words "Miami Boat Show" We just happen to have a few pictures and inside contacts at the show.

Donzigo
03-06-2006, 07:57 AM
I agree with you, bguggenmos; but, Donzi will put their efforts where the sales are produced and my guess is that not many boats are sold over the website. It's an online brochure for Donzi Corp.......an afterthought, if you will.