PDA

View Full Version : Bilt rite Carpet for X-18

Kirbyvv
02-27-2006, 12:03 PM
I spoke to Bob at Bilt Rite about getting carpets for my '78 X-18. He has patterns for an early Classic 18 and the newer 18's, but was not sure if the pattern would be the same for the X. He suggested that someone on the registry would know if the early 18's and the X-18 were the same carpet pattern. The X's have the square base molded into the fiberglass beneath each seat. Anyone help would be appreciated.

BRIAN73
02-27-2006, 02:31 PM
Hello,

I too need to know if Bilt Rite will work for my X as well. Kirby please let me know what you find out. My carpet is comming at as soon as it's warm out.

Brian

Kirbyvv
02-27-2006, 04:27 PM
Hello,
I too need to know if Bilt Rite will work for my X as well. Kirby please let me know what you find out. My carpet is comming at as soon as it's warm out.
Brian
Will do Brian: Maybe we can get a deal if we order two sets at the same time.
Kirby

Lenny
02-27-2006, 04:59 PM
R and R Textiles out of Oregon (they have two facilities) did a set for GEOO a few years back. I since talked to them about a year ago, and (I believe her name was Lucy) I was told he shipped a template, then they made the product, then threw away the template.

:(

BRIAN73
02-27-2006, 08:40 PM
I'm pretty sure that Mr. Verd had a new carpet in his X

Brad where are you????

Brian

"Will Work For Carpet Info"

bverd
03-01-2006, 01:25 PM
Yes, I got new carpet for my X18 from R&R Texttiles with the use of a template. Great stuff 40oz marine, they have it on their website.

I tried to contact BiltRite yesterday to see if they wanted to borrow my carpet and copy it or I could possibly stop by with the boat for them to measure but there was no answer. Let me know if someone gets ahold of them and they are interested.

--bverd

Kirbyvv
03-01-2006, 02:36 PM
I got an e-mail from Bob at Bilt Rite. They are closed for the winter and will reopen in mid-march. Brad are you located close to them? If so that would be great if we could use your carpet as a template. I've got to find out the details from Bilt Rite, i.e price, types of carpet etc. May take you up on the offer. What do you think Brian?

Lenny
03-01-2006, 05:40 PM
If so, I would be all over that idea as well. Great idea Brad. :yes:

Kirbyvv
03-02-2006, 11:36 AM
Bob from Bilt rite will get together the info on carpet options. I'll post it when I get it. He said he will reopen in mid-march. If it looks good, I say we take Brad up on his offer and get 3 sets ordered at the same time. volume discount????

Speed-Racer
03-02-2006, 06:36 PM
Count me in at the right price ...just let me know the price....

BRIAN73
03-03-2006, 08:45 AM
Count Me In Toooooooo

Brad is the MAN!!!!!!!

Brian

Kirbyvv
03-03-2006, 09:55 AM
Possibly up to 4 carpets for X-18's now. I've pasted Bob's latest e-mail below. Brad, I'll take you up on the offer. Please contact Bob at BiltRiteUph@aol.com and he'll make up a pattern for X-18's, and Brad, if you are up to Lake George for the dust-off the drinks are on me.

Hi Kirby,
I emailed Brad Verd about making a tracing of his carpet, I haven't heard back from him as yet, if he wants to drop it off or send it in I'm okay with that as well. As far as colors, you can choose from red, (2) blues, black, (3) gray, or tan. The most popular are the red and blue's. Let me know the year and colors of the boats. I am also licensed to use the Donzi logo! The carpet is fully bound 40oz true outdoor marine grade, it lays so well most people don't snap it down, except on the hatch cover in the floor. I do include snaps anyway, and some Velcro to use on the hatch. Vinyl is used for binding the edges where most companies use a cloth like material similar to indoor carpet.
I haven't priced carpet recently, basically since before Katrina blew through. I know all my other suppliers have sent doomsday letters about price increase's because of Katrina but I believe prices have stabilized now that a lot of companies are back online.
We will re-open in another week or two. I'll let you know when I hear from Brad.

Thanks,
Bob Ellmann
Bilt-Rite Upholstery
302 5th Street SW
Roanoke, Virginia 24016
540-981-1711

bverd
03-03-2006, 10:08 AM
I have emailed BiltRite, we just need to work out how he can get the measurements. I would feel better taking the boat down there so you guys end up with a product you are happy with and not one that is off because I can't make a template. :stan:

We will get it worked out... have no fear.

--bverd

Kirbyvv
03-03-2006, 10:12 AM
Thanks Brad, Keep us posted.

Lenny
03-03-2006, 10:12 AM
YIPPEE !!! http://www.donzi.net/forums/images/smilies/odie.gif

knots2u
04-07-2006, 11:56 AM
Getting closer to availability.
One question:
1. Brad's carpet does not have slits on the cut outs for the seat bases, so you must remove the seats to install or remove the carpet. Should I add them?
Here's a link to his pictures.
http://atlanticcoastdonzi.com/gallery/members_bverd_x18
Thanks in advance,
Bob
Bilt-Rite Uph.

BRIAN73
04-07-2006, 12:38 PM
Hi, Bob

Personally speaking, I like the way Brad's doesnt have the slit for the seat. I think it looks much tighter and clean. But then again that just my 2cents.

But as long as there is a cutout for the Ski Locker, I'm as happy as a clam!!!!!

Great Job, Brad!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian

Kirbyvv
04-07-2006, 01:47 PM
Bob:
I agree with Brian. I like the way the carpet looks without the slits for the seats. I also want access to the locker.
Thanks, Brad!!!
Kirby

Lenny
04-08-2006, 12:24 AM
Bob, Ditto, BINGO, etc. What you made for Brad is what I want but in a different colour. Lovely stuff.

Nice work :)

MOP
04-08-2006, 07:59 AM
Bob (knots2u) I still have not taken the cover off mine for Bonnies approval of the color, weather has been iffy but soon I hope.

Phil

knots2u
04-08-2006, 01:00 PM
Lenny, I didn't make Brad's carpet. Brad has been kind enough to let me borrow it to make a pattern. He will be glad he did!

Bob
Bilt-Rite Uph.

Lenny
04-08-2006, 11:10 PM
...and so I wait... :D ... patiently... Tropical Blue anyone ? ;)

Thanx Bob :)

knots2u
04-09-2006, 01:24 PM
Sorry Lenny, no tropical blue.

Bob
Bilt-Rite Uph.

Kirbyvv
04-10-2006, 10:47 AM
Spoke to Bob at Bilt Rite this morning. He is working on getting the template digitized and should be set by next week. He can put a nice logo on them also. Check it out. So...pick your colors gang.

Mr X
04-11-2006, 09:33 PM
Very cool!,
I am in.

Lenny
04-11-2006, 11:53 PM
...and zee colours are ???

Kirbyvv
04-12-2006, 07:18 AM
According to Bob at Bilt Rite, he has Red, Black, two Blues, three Grays and Tan. Best description of the gray's are light, medium and dark. The medium gray is the same gray as the original Donzi gray carpets, Smoked Gray.