PDA

View Full Version : New kid in town.

mercthunder
02-26-2006, 11:09 PM
Hi all, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Steve Im from Staten Island, New York. Im new to Donzi's but in NO WAY new to performance boats. Im contemplating getting an 18 classic but never went for a ride in one. Ive only been in a Minx and my uncles sweet 16. Any comments about the 18 would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone has one Im looking for something w/o power if possible. Thanks, Steve

Dr. Dan
02-27-2006, 06:22 AM
:spongebob Hey Steve, there is an entire For Sale Section here, most if not all currently have power...but that's easily remidied. I would suggest ya come up to Lake George in June and check out the hardware if you still don't have one by then.

Definitely ride in one, each boat is different and each model is different....again good luck and welcome to the Registry!:beer:

Doc of the Bay
www.atlanticcoastdonzi.com

Patti
02-27-2006, 08:39 AM
Hi Steve! :)

I am from Staten Island..my family still lives there (Great Kills area)..nice to see someone else from home ;)

Am in Michigan now though..BIG difference :biggrin:

mercthunder
02-28-2006, 09:36 PM
Im currently living in Bulls Head but hopefully Ill being moving soon. Great Kills is a nice area. BUt is way over crowded now. I was up in Maine yesterday. I wouldnt mind moveing there but the single digit temps arent really boater friendly.

Lenny
03-01-2006, 12:38 AM
MercThunder, take Doc's advise and ride in a few.

IMO, there is NOTHING that runs, plays, turns, and "participates in insanity" as well as the 18. I have one. I will NEVER let it go. It is like "going to the fair" but on water...

Dream stuff :yes:

BGH18
03-01-2006, 04:51 PM
Hi Steve, just seen a 18 footer on boattrader.com but its up in greenbay, wis
looked pretty nice in the photos though. I just bought my first Donzi 18 as well. Can't wait to get it in the water. Good luck!

mercthunder
03-02-2006, 03:58 AM
Thanks for the info Brad. Im think Im going to rifde in one first just to be on the safe side. I did see an 18 on Staten Island but I havent had a chance to stop and talk to the guy yet.