PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Dealer Locations

Carl C
02-24-2006, 01:10 PM
When I was in the market for a new Donzi last year I contacted Donzi Marine to inquire about the location of near by dealers. I was told that the closest dealer was Pier 57 in southern Tenessee. While perusing the Donzi Registry I have come across recent mention of dealers in Grand Rapids, Michigan and Cincinnati, Ohio. Do these dealers exist and why is Donzi suppressing them? I think these dealers should contact Donzi and get to the bottom of this because it is costing them business. I'm very happy with my purchase and dealings with Pier 57 but am wondering why I was steered there if there are closer dealers.

gold-n-rod
02-24-2006, 01:23 PM
Maybe Donzi is/was trying to tell you something.

:wavey:

Rootsy
02-24-2006, 01:32 PM
i've been to grand rapids.. you ain't missin much carl

roadtrip se
02-24-2006, 02:00 PM
Remind me to tell you about my "brand new in the box" Blackhawk props story about our buddy in Grand Rapids some day. I wouldn't buy anything from him again, based on this experience.

In addition, the one person that I do know that bought a Classic from them has been more than under-whelmed by their level of service after the sale.

You did well going to Pier 57. They have a good rep.

Carl C
02-24-2006, 08:46 PM
the seller looking out for it buyer's interest's
Yeah I guess that sums it up. Pier 57 has nice boats in stock. I'd bet they get one of the first ZR 27s and it'll have a 525. But I'd still be pissed if I were a dealer that didn't show up on the dealer locator.:lookaroun

dr
02-25-2006, 11:54 AM
What Mattyboy says certainly rings true for me. I bought my 95 Classic from a dealer here in East Tennessee on July 2nd, 1995. he had just become a dealer for Donzi ealier that year and my boat was the first and only one he sold. This was a very small shop in a very small town which primarily sold pontoons and low end fishing boats.

Seriously I made him an offer I didn’t think there was any way he would accept. I had shopped several dealers previously thus knew it was a bargain….that certainly doesn’t happen for me very often.

BGH18
02-25-2006, 04:48 PM
Hi Carl,
I was also looking for a donzi late last year and inquired about one with one of the locations you mentioned. Talked with a sales person and told him I was interested in a 16 or 18 footer to see if they had one in stock that I could take a look. The response I received was yea I think so and I asked which one, He said just come on down and we'll see whats out there. I don't need a 175 mile joy ride so I bought my 99 C-18 off this site and she's a beauty. Enjoy your boat! BH

Carl C
02-25-2006, 05:49 PM
Hi Carl,
I was also looking for a donzi late last year and inquired about one with one of the locations you mentioned. Talked with a sales person and told him I was interested in a 16 or 18 footer to see if they had one in stock that I could take a look. The response I received was yea I think so and I asked which one, He said just come on down and we'll see whats out there. I don't need a 175 mile joy ride so I bought my 99 C-18 off this site and she's a beauty. Enjoy your boat! BH That's funny.:rlol: I bought my boat on line. We did the financing, down pay't, delivery, and pick up of trade in on the puter and fax and phone.

Richard Rees
02-25-2006, 07:56 PM
I met David Woods, the owner of Pier 57 last december in Key West, very nice person. Went in his 38ft Fountion fish boat 4- 250hp merc outboards, I think he would be a good person to buy from.

Shanghied Again
02-28-2006, 08:04 AM
I can help with this question:
Being a dealer in New Jersey the dealers you are inquiring about may not be a Donzi stocking dealer. If a dealer decides he wants to stock fish boats then he will not be reconized as a Performance dealer. Can't blame Donzi for that one. As one of the Largest Performance Donzi Dealers in the Country Donzi supports me all the way with anything I need. We have a great relationship with the folks at Donzi and I have great feelings for the product and there future. Being a Donzi owner myself since 1972 and my father had a 1965 its easy for me to promote a product i believe in. hopefully this will answer your questions.
Frank Civitano
Typhoon Performance Marine

Carl C
02-28-2006, 08:31 AM
Thanks Frank. That makes sense. As I wasn't looking to special order a boat I probably wouldn't have purchased a boat from the smaller dealers anyway. Pier 57 had a 22C in stock that I really liked. The right color, nice option package, maximum power and the AE/GT/Shelby fairing to give it a custom look. Also they finance through the same bank I use so everything fell into place. I am in no way complaining about being directed to pier 57. I was just wondering why I was told that it was the closest dealer to Detroit. Now I understand. I checked out ypur web site. www.typhoonperformancemarine.com That's a nice 22 Shelby you have in stock.:)

Shanghied Again
03-01-2006, 04:51 PM
Thanks I just sold 2 of them. But what I can't figure is I have a Custom trailer thats goes with the package and for $4000 more one guy wanted a cheaper trailer for $3500. I can't understand why someone would take a boat as beautiful as the Shelby and stick a Loadmaster trailer under it if he is not using the boat for Saltwater..

undertaker
03-02-2006, 03:08 PM
:cool: Yeah I do not understand that, some guys order MYCO trailers for there 22 classics:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Undertaker:cool:

boatbase1
03-02-2006, 03:27 PM
It has been tuff to get on the dealer locater on the Donzi site. I think this is due to them overhauling it soon. So any one in the north east looking for some help with Donzi check us out at www.Beverlyportmarina.com. We too are a full line stocking dealer. :smileybo: Had to put that in there ...

Thanks

Matt D.

show-n-go h2o
03-02-2006, 06:10 PM
i've always had nothing but great thing from the donzi dealer here in cincinnati. preferred power marine. they dont stock alot of boats but they always have good combo's in stock. now if only i could sell my 28 i would take that 35 or 38 zr out of there inventory

FISHIN SUCKS
03-02-2006, 07:43 PM
I found that the address on the Donzi Marine site was inaccurate for the dealer here in Seattle/Tacoma, WA. I managed to find it by driving around today, but took a while.

The last I knew, the dealer in Grand Rapids was a stocking dealer of Classics. It's been a couple of years since I have been there.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your boat, Carl! Sounds like it worked out for the best.

boxy
03-03-2006, 08:54 AM
It has been tuff to get on the dealer locater on the Donzi site. I think this is due to them overhauling it soon. So any one in the north east looking for some help with Donzi check us out at www.Beverlyportmarina.com. We too are a full line stocking dealer. :smileybo: Had to put that in there ...
Thanks
Matt D.
MattD, I was looking at your website, but couldn't find the "in-stock" stuff.
What Donzi's do you have at the Marina ?
Thanks

Carl C
03-03-2006, 09:04 AM
MattD, I was looking at your website, but couldn't find the "in-stock" stuff.
What Donzi's do you have at the Marina ?
Thanks I did enjoy the ZR video though.:smile:

fasttrucker
03-04-2006, 07:54 AM
:cool: Yeah I do not understand that, some guys order MYCO trailers for there 22 classics:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Undertaker:cool:

:wink: And Others buy Storm Damaged Rebilt trailers from FL.