PDA

View Full Version : Why, in 1967, did they depict a MERCRUISER?

Lenny
02-23-2006, 09:32 AM
...on the Classic 18?

The rest are V-drives and Volvos. But this artist rendering is surely an early Merc from Carl K. isn't it?

Morgan's Cloud
02-23-2006, 10:20 AM
Lenny ,
On that old St T brochure we have (the red boat with the seaplane background) ..how old do you think that brochure is ? I don't know, but I'll bet it is way before -70. Mine is supposed to be a -66 .. no number ever found so could be older . In that brochure there is a Merc engine option listed, so if the brochure predates 67 I guess I could see a Merc featured in the rendition of that 18 ..

Greg
02-25-2006, 06:12 PM
Hi Matty, Maybe they were just doing positive forward thinking on the Merc. drive. I have a color chart that came with my (still undergoing resto) '66 18. The yellow is listed as Yuma Yellow, FERRO fiberglass # VF 973. Hope this helps. I also have the factory handout that came with the boat showing a yellow '66 with a Lear Jet in the background.

Lenny
02-25-2006, 06:59 PM
Greg, thanks for the info. I agree with Matty :bonk:

I thought WHAT I saw was two trim rams on a MERC on that pic. It appears as tho Matty was right. It is a black depicted VOLVO.

I looked at a '67 sixteen in Beverly Hills a few years ago and it was original YUMA YELLOW. Numbers and all.

Sorry for the MERC question. I wasn't looking close enough.