PDA

View Full Version : Merc 700Sci New

Pismo
02-20-2006, 09:28 AM
Merc introduced the new 700 SCi at the Miami show. 502 with blower. It is a 600SCi with a new cam, better cooler, and more boost. The drive was the new ACE drive which has a cone clutch type tranny in the extension box. So Engine placement is same as Bravo. Look like a smaller #6 without the tranny.

boldts
02-20-2006, 02:50 PM
Can't wait to see someone put that package in a 22 Classic and creat a new SE model. :hyper: :)

gold-n-rod
02-20-2006, 03:11 PM
Can't wait to see someone put that package in a 22 Classic and creat a new SE model. :hyper: :)

SE would have to stand for "Scoop Extreme." Can't imagine how that beast would fit under the hatch of a Classic.

:wavey:

Lenny
02-20-2006, 04:41 PM
The 700 SCi is based off the same CNC machined 502 cubic inch cylinder block as the 525 EFI and 600 SCi. The intercooler, made of copper-nickel alloy called "CuproNickel" for enhanced corrosion resistance, is 0.75" taller than that used on the 600SCi for improved engine cooling. Boost bypass is achieved via an internal cast passage. The intake also features port fuel injection and a fuel cross over passage which eliminates tee fittings by routing fuel to both port and starboard fuel rails for enhanced engine aesthetics.

An induction hardened, micro-alloy crankshaft features larger journal radii for enhanced strength and durability. Connecting rods feature a floating wrist pin as well as stronger rod bolts for enhanced engine durability. A new camshaft design provides increased valve lift for enhanced power and torque. The oil flow rate has been increased for enhanced engine protection throughout the engine operating range. The 700SCi is the first engine to come standard with Mercury Racing's new universal engine mount system. The new mounts enable OEM boat builders to install the engine in virtually any hull configuration with ease.

Mercury Racing has just written a new chapter in the book of revolutionary marine propulsion with the development of the all new dry-sump ACE drive. The drive is robust enough to handle engines between 600 and 800 horsepower with an input torque rating of 800 ft-lbs. The engine/transom plate/drive package is nearly 200 pounds lighter than a comparable engine outfitted with a standard size transmission and dry-sump Six drive. Both the drive and transmission feature dry-sump lubrication for higher efficiency and reduced operating temperatures.

The unique through-hull location of the compact transmission enables the transmission to be installed after the engine is first mounted. Access to the transmission from the transom also allows the transmission to be removed and serviced without having to pull the complete engine.

KEY FEATURES

Removable transom assembly cowl enables easier access.
Accepts both through-hub exhaust Maximus and over-hub exhaust cleaver propellers.
New interchangeable water pickup is mounted at the rear of the gearcase torpedo.

The trick part about the drive is that it will be capable of running a #6 prop or a bravo style prop.

Pismo
02-20-2006, 05:18 PM
Guy at the show said the prop shaft is larger than an XR but with the right hub Bravo props work fine.

Dr. Dan
02-20-2006, 06:20 PM

:bonk: Let's see, as someone who has over invested in upgrades, a Sale Priced New Classic at $68,000 + $83,000 700 Drive Package = $151,000 with some allowance for the stock power package , deduct $15,000 allowance, a that would leave $136,000 for a bargain basement Scoop Edition 22 Classic?

I would take the new 27 ZR with a 525 in it and pocket about $16,000. :rlol:

Too many options...so little money! What's a boy to do?

Doc :D

boldts
02-21-2006, 07:30 AM
No doubt Doc! I understand what your saying. Kind of just threw the question out as a Ha Ha, but you know maybe a few years down the road, someone is going to look at that setup and say...."Hay, I want to upgrade my lets say 1998 22'Classic" Many here have put outrageous $$$$ into restoring some of the older Donzi boats.

I thiknk even if someone bought a 27ZR, they are not going to look at that package to install until maybe when the 5 year warranty expires. The 27ZR is listed as a max HP of 500. I don't think Donzi would even put this package in the boat if you wanted it. Who knows? We all know $$$$ talk.