PDA

View Full Version : I like many before me..........

horsepowerfarm
02-19-2006, 09:05 PM
Hi,

I just moved to Bloomington, Indiana, My driveway is 8 minutes from Lake Monroe. So, I think it might be time to get my first Donzi.

I have owned 5 boats over the last 25 years, from several vintage Chris Crafts to a custom built sportfish I lived on for nine years. I have admired Donzis from Lake Minnetonka to Caraccas to Kennebunkport and Catalina.

I really want to make a good buying decision and need some advise. So here are my questions.

Are there any Donzi owners on Lake Monroe?

I like the design of the Z33 and Z29, are the stringer/ transom and glass issues as bad as I am being led to believe?

Are the OMC drives as bad as everyone says?

If a Z33 is a "Crossbow" what is a Z29 called?

I am on a budget, but can lay my hands on anything mechanical or structural and make it better than the way it was born. I build Porsches for fun and profit.

I have learned that it is always cheaper to buy a well maintained example of anything than to to buy a rat. With that in mind, does anyone know of a decent Z29/ Z33 for sale at a reasonable price. I would prefer a fresh water boat with no bottom paint, sitting on a trailer. But would look at a salt water "queen".

Thanks in advance for your feedback. If I am out of my mind please feel free to let me know.:lifeprese

goatee
02-20-2006, 12:19 AM
see donzi's for sale section. someone just posted one there.
good luck, and welcome :beer:

mrfixxall
02-20-2006, 08:50 AM
Hi,
I just moved to Bloomington, Indiana, My driveway is 8 minutes from Lake Monroe. So, I think it might be time to get my first Donzi.
I have owned 5 boats over the last 25 years, from several vintage Chris Crafts to a custom built sportfish I lived on for nine years. I have admired Donzis from Lake Minnetonka to Caraccas to Kennebunkport and Catalina.
I really want to make a good buying decision and need some advise. So here are my questions.
Are there any Donzi owners on Lake Monroe?
I like the design of the Z33 and Z29, are the stringer/ transom and glass issues as bad as I am being led to believe?
Are the OMC drives as bad as everyone says?
If a Z33 is a "Crossbow" what is a Z29 called?
I am on a budget, but can lay my hands on anything mechanical or structural and make it better than the way it was born. I build Porsches for fun and profit.
I have learned that it is always cheaper to buy a well maintained example of anything than to to buy a rat. With that in mind, does anyone know of a decent Z29/ Z33 for sale at a reasonable price. I would prefer a fresh water boat with no bottom paint, sitting on a trailer. But would look at a salt water "queen".
Thanks in advance for your feedback. If I am out of my mind please feel free to let me know.:lifeprese

do a search in the boats forsale,theirs a nice yallow z33 their forsale...