PDA

View Full Version : Rock and a hard place

Cuda
02-19-2006, 12:47 PM
After having so much fun in the 22 yesterday, I've come to the conclusion that a 22 Classic is the only boat I need. Now, I have to decide whether to drop the money in this one for a bigger engine and such, or sell four boats, and look for a newer model with all the goodies already on it. I'd really like to have one of those yellow 40th Anniversary Editions. What happened to that one that was for sale so long on here? Anyone know if it sold? I did a search and couldn't find the thread.

Dr. Dan
02-19-2006, 01:13 PM
:spongebob Spoke to Roadtrip about it the other day, it is supposed to be available still...good price too.

I will see what I can find out for you!

As for the one boat. I agree with you...not that I don't admire those of you who have the ability and where with all to own multiple boats...especially Buizilla, Poodle , John Shabbas, Brad and many others...etc. I just can't swing that in my little world...so I put all I can into this little runabout... and it seems to get me around ok.

In my opinion Joe its cheaper to get a newer one, it'll have all the components, and easier on the pocket book than doing what I did...I can assure you. I am only a third of the way done on mine...the repower was only phase one, still have the Drive & Steering, and the Splitting and re-working the hull and its components.

Good Luck...

Doc :spongebob

Doc

Cuda
02-19-2006, 02:05 PM
Debbie says get your own damn 22 ;) :p :)
She already told me if I sell her's, I have to give her the new one. :(

Cuda
02-19-2006, 02:08 PM
Doc, I agree with you. I've told people if they buy a boat that's too slow for them, they are better off selling it and buying one that IS fast enough to suit them.

On a side note, we were just cleaning and flushing the boat real well. Deb was in the engine compartment and found a plug wire laying in the bottom of the bilge. I guess that may explain the mysterious 700 rpm loss we had yesterday, and why it wouldn't idle well.

DONZI
02-19-2006, 05:54 PM
After having so much fun in the 22 yesterday, I've come to the conclusion that a 22 Classic is the only boat I need. Now, I have to decide whether to drop the money in this one for a bigger engine and such, or sell four boats, and look for a newer model with all the goodies already on it. I'd really like to have one of those yellow 40th Anniversary Editions. What happened to that one that was for sale so long on here? Anyone know if it sold? I did a search and couldn't find the thread.
Last i knew, Len had an E-Bay buyer fail to follow through.
Shoot him an E-mail. lmsac00@comcast.net
He's a great guy and all his stuff is 1st class.
Best of luck.
Ken

Cuda
02-19-2006, 06:11 PM
Best of luck.
Ken
Thanks, I sent him an email.

onesubdrvr
02-19-2006, 06:15 PM
Thanks, I sent him an email.
Joe,.........

We may need to talk!

Wayne

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
02-19-2006, 07:16 PM
CUDA, Congrats with love'n the 22. I just read the other day about you getting it, I am WAY behind on my reading...

Thoughts on a newer one, I would follow Doc's advice.

But selling four boats may be some work.

Best of luck to ya...

Bryan Tuvell

Cuda
02-19-2006, 07:57 PM
CUDA, Congrats with love'n the 22. I just read the other day about you getting it, I am WAY behind on my reading...
Thoughts on a newer one, I would follow Doc's advice.
But selling four boats may be some work.
Best of luck to ya...
Bryan Tuvell
I think I could sell them all fairly quickly. I had a guy at the boat show tell me if I was serious about selling my 302 to call him first.

Cuda
02-19-2006, 07:58 PM
Best of luck.
Ken
It's sold. :(

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
02-19-2006, 08:02 PM
CUDA, rock on man and keep us posted.

Like I said I am still catching up on my reading.

Hey, if your a gun owner see my latest post!
Very Rare Item.
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43786

Plus you can bust a cap in someones a$$ if needed....

Bryan

DONZI
02-20-2006, 07:14 AM
It's sold. :(
This one is with in shooting distance.
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/7/1/82347671.htm
Look's like the work is done here. Then again is it ever over ?:biggrin:

Cuda
02-20-2006, 07:21 AM
This one is with in shooting distance.
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/7/1/82347671.htm
Look's like the work is done here. Then again is it ever over ?:biggrin:
If I go newer, I want an 05 or 06. I've got a friend that is going to look at this one for me today in Nokomis.

Cuda
02-20-2006, 07:39 AM
I thought about this all night. I keep swaying both directions. When I look at this picture Catch 22 took of us, I want to keep this one, especially when I found out I was only running on seven cylinders Saturday.

Dr. Dan
02-20-2006, 11:17 AM
:smash: I find that it really doesn't matter what 22 you are in they all look great running! It matters to you as to what you are in, Bright Yellow Anniversary Edition or a Cool Older Model, it's all relative, in the end it's totally up to you!

What matters is that you are on the water, and that you're enjoying yourself.

Who cares how old or what color, really? People never know mine is 12 years old...they see it look at the shape its in and assume its pretty current, the hull is...and that's what people see!

So enjoy what ya have or dump some hardware and add another to the Stable...in the end you two are the only ones that matter, regardless of what anyone says!

Doc of Proverbial Rationalization & Random Discourse :bighug:

BUIZILLA
02-20-2006, 12:16 PM
I'd put the one plug wire back on it, and use it for 50 hours or so, then make a decision. That 330 is a great engine.

JH

Cuda
02-20-2006, 01:58 PM
I'd put the one plug wire back on it, and use it for 50 hours or so, then make a decision. That 330 is a great engine.
JH
I think that's what we're going to do. I may put exhaust, intake, and TBIV distributor on this engine, but I can use all of those again if I swap engines.

As much as we enjoyed running that boat Saturday, I don't see it taking long to put 50 hours on it. :)

I wanted to go out again today, but Deb put the kabosh on it saying we needed to do things around the house here. You can see what I'm doing. :)

Dalelama
02-20-2006, 06:52 PM
So Joe......

Does this mean that the Minx is back on the market?

I need another project...... bigger... better....
Mabey a Viper powered Minx..... yeah... that's the ticket!

Lessee.... call Livorsi... Built-Rite... Brownie @ Stainless Marine
Poodle... I'll need a big ass lower & probably hydralics........
LOUDER stereo....... a/c?

Budmann
02-21-2006, 12:40 PM
Joe Cuda... everyone here has given some very good advice!! I have to agree with Poddle and Buizilla. Use the boat for a few more really good runs (Jod-eye) and I will go with any time you want) and then deceide. I love my boat as you know and it is 20 years old! Other than some shady mechinics I have had a blast playing with the motor. If you get a new one then there won't be that much to do. No carbs. and a whole lot of things that you need to be a rocket scientist to fix or play with.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Bud