PDA

View Full Version : Egelbrock Headers

DonziDave
02-18-2006, 08:02 PM
A project boat that I recently bought came with a set of never installed, old style, Edelbrock "log type" aluminum headers for a SBC. My '86 - 18C with a 350 SB has the stock cast iron Merc. headers and I would like to switch out to the Edelbrock headers. Good idea or bad? Thru-hull alignment problems, water ingestion concerns, etc....???? Any opinions appreciated.
Dave

mrfixxall
02-18-2006, 08:52 PM
The edlbroch log style is a knock off of harden marine's & glenwood marine's..Does your boat have a log style merc manifold? If so then they would be better. (or)

do you have the merc center riser style on your boat,if so then leave those on your boat they perform better then the logs....Plus you will have to relocate the exhaust holes..

md

DonziDave
02-19-2006, 07:56 PM
MD - Thanks for the reply. Yes, my headers are the stock cast iron center riser merc's. I assume from your reply that the stock headers flow better than the log type...??

Dave

mrfixxall
02-19-2006, 09:50 PM
MD - Thanks for the reply. Yes, my headers are the stock cast iron center riser merc's. I assume from your reply that the stock headers flow better than the log type...??
Dave

Yes the center riser flo better compared to the edlbroch,(because you dont have to squeeze the exhaust fumes past the hump )....

If you want to change to the alunimum manifolds with alunimum center risers check www.eddiemarine.com. the emi thunders are cheep and work awsome,great torque and sound great.....

let me know if i can help im a dealer for eddie....

md

smoothie
02-21-2006, 02:43 PM
So what your saying is I loose air pressure from my compresser if I have dont keep the hose straight...and dont use any 90 fittings or I'll really be low on pressure at the end of the hose ????

mrfixxall
02-21-2006, 03:10 PM
So what your saying is I loose air pressure from my compresser if I have dont keep the hose straight...and dont use any 90 fittings or I'll really be low on pressure at the end of the hose ????
You tell me,,whats going to flo better 3'' exhaust or 4'' exhaust....
log style manifolde are restrictive and center riser manifolds are also but not as much...
Does your air compressor have water in the lines also?
What's better a 3/8'' air hose or a 1/2'' air hose,1/2 '' will provide more air...:beer:

smoothie
02-21-2006, 03:26 PM
:beer: :beer: of course 4" will flow better than 3" but you get my point about the humps...:D