PDA

View Full Version : new owner

billy22zx
02-16-2006, 11:25 PM
hey all...i am about to be a pround owner of a 99 22zx. i cant` tell you how excited i am to get this boat. i found it by mistake on the net,and found out it was near me in cleveland on lake erie. the boat was a re-po. i located the original owner(found his name in the glove box!) and the guy basically came on some hard times and had to let it go. the boat is imacculent,and only has 248 hrs. it looks like i`m going to get in this boat for about 23k. i think i did well...any thoughts?

Cuda
02-17-2006, 08:20 AM
Is it a big block?

ITTLFLI
02-17-2006, 08:28 AM
I'm guessing it's this one?

http://www.yachtauctions.com/detail.asp?stockNo=12992

Sam
02-17-2006, 09:55 AM
Nice looking boat ! You need to drag that bad boy down to Lk Cumberland for the AOTH event. There will be a few of your Buckeye brothers and sisters there as well.

Sam :biggrin:

Lenny
02-17-2006, 10:14 AM
Looks great !!!

Now, all you need to save for is the Procharger :D

billy22zx
02-17-2006, 06:48 PM
thanks for the replys guys! yes ITT..thats the boat. did you happen to bid on it and get transferred to cincy? it`s a big block/non mag. should run about 65 with the step hull? it has a 4 blade prop,a 3 might get me a couple more mph? NO PRO CHARGER FOR ME! i need to find a trailer,and will probably have to go with a new one thats made for the boat. eagle seems like the best bet,but would love to find a good used one. anyone?

undertaker
02-17-2006, 07:21 PM
Does the boat have bottom paint.. Just Curious because you said it came from Lake Erie (freshwater). Looks nice.. Good luck with the new ride:biggrin.:

Undertaker:cool!:

Dr. Dan
02-17-2006, 09:10 PM
thanks for the replys guys! yes ITT..thats the boat. did you happen to bid on it and get transferred to cincy? it`s a big block/non mag. should run about 65 with the step hull? it has a 4 blade prop,a 3 might get me a couple more mph? NO PRO CHARGER FOR ME! i need to find a trailer,and will probably have to go with a new one thats made for the boat. eagle seems like the best bet,but would love to find a good used one. anyone?

:wavey: Congrats I have a friend that has a used one for his 22 Classic, he just got a new one, this is a Performance Trailer, Tandem Axle,...if ya Private Mail me I can hook ya up...with him...my guess is it could be easily re-bunked for your boat.

Good Luck and Congrats

Doc
717-512-3656

BGH18
02-17-2006, 09:39 PM
Nice looking ride Billy, I 'am also a happy new owner of a Donzi 1999 classic -18 from sw ohio, I already have reservations at Jamestown Resort @ Cumberland for the AOTH this year. Looking forward to meeting some new people & maybe we could hook up someplace on I-75 and follow some other Buckeye's that know the rope's down to Cumberland. BGHicks1964@earthlink.com:beer:

billy22zx
02-18-2006, 02:24 PM
no...it didnt come from lake erie. the repo co. has a yard there. the boat came from illinois. the guy that bought it new left it in the water last summer,but always did the in and out service since new.

ITTLFLI
02-18-2006, 08:42 PM

Billy,

Congrats on the new ride! It should go with that 454!! No I didn't bid but I have this madness about keeping a pulse on the used boat market:banghead: !! We need to see you and your boat at the Awakening! I am leaving cincy early thurdsay am that weekend. I am right off 71 on the north side of 71 & 275.

Sam
02-18-2006, 09:08 PM
Looking forward to meeting you Billy. There will be a few of us from Mich going to Cumberland as well :shades:. I'm sure your going to have a great time.

Brian Hamilton
02-19-2006, 03:48 PM
nice ride billy, I have the same set up. 22zx 7.4 mpi bravo. here's some tips. don,t over trim the boat. she likes just a little trim, (just a small rooster tail). NEVER, I MEAN NEVER TURN THE BOAT HARD WITH THE TRIM DOWN. She will spin on you. A Donzi 'aint no bayliner. keep the trim up and ease into the turn then you can start to turn tighter. Keep the 4 blade bravo 24pitch thats the right prop, it lifts the stern and works well with the vented hull. you should see 65mph on a good day, but she loves the rough stuff not glass. good luck she will not let you down. Brian.

billy22zx
02-19-2006, 09:20 PM
i can tell i`m gonna like this boat! i have heard how not to run this boat,meaning how to and how not to trim it in turns..etc. i will be running it mostly on the ohio river,but hope to go to some different water. i dont know anything about the event at cumberland though. i have heard it`s an awesome place to go. i just have to sell a 69 grand prix to help off set the cost now!

BUIZILLA
02-19-2006, 09:29 PM
is it an SJ Grand Prix?

DJ13
02-20-2006, 12:34 PM
Billy,

Looks like you and I have the exact same setup. '99, 7.4l MPI, 24p 4 blade prop. Leave her as is! She'll go fast enough to keep your hands full in the right chop. Got mine out of Miami about 4 years ago and she now lives in the great northwest, near Seattle . My summers are forever changed for the better! Welcome to the board and best of luck getting to know your new ride!

Dave

billy22zx
02-23-2006, 08:45 PM
is it an SJ Grand Prix?

Yes...it is an sj photo online www.widetrackdrive.com/69gp72 click on the year (69) then billy