PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice- Home Alarm Systems

TuxedoPk
02-16-2006, 04:35 PM
I'm switching insurance companies and they require me to have a monitored intrusion/fire/temperature system installed for coverage.

I'm planning on selling the home in 12 months and honestly not that concerned about securing the house beyond what will meet the insurance inspector's requirements.

For a wireless system, does anyone have experience with the Honeywell's Ademco Systems or recommendations for a different wireless systems?

Suggestions for a monitoring company?

MOP
02-16-2006, 04:46 PM
You need a moat and a few of these bad boys problem ended :alligator :alligator :alligator :alligator :alligator :alligator

pmreed
02-16-2006, 05:13 PM
Crackerjack, a board member can steer you right; this is his business. Just do a member search and email him; he'll give you the skinny.

Phil

mrfixxall
02-16-2006, 05:35 PM
Have the house hardwired i had the wireless one in mine and well ,nothing but problems....false triggers from any electrical idem you own....

Lenny
02-16-2006, 08:27 PM
Get a large German Shepherd :D

Where are ya gonna move to?

CrackerJack
02-16-2006, 08:39 PM
Installed my first wireless security system in 1979. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with wireless systems. The cost is usually a little more when it is installed in an existing home. If your were building a new home then hardwire is the way to go. The system (ademco)you ask about is one I have used and it is a very reliable product. The only other one that I use is DSC, and it is a product from Canada. There are pros and cons for both, however the newer wireless systems do not have false alarm problems. If they do then there is something wrong and it needs to be corrected.

TuxedoPk
02-16-2006, 09:19 PM
Where are ya gonna move to?

British Columbia :)

Actually I'm planning on selling off the house which is way oversized for 2 people and a dog and my townhouse which has sat vacant for the past 18 months as overpriced public storage. I'll be really happy when I don't have this baggage hanging over me anymore- I'm trying to simplify my life with less 'things' and the time they take to maintain.

boxy
02-16-2006, 11:08 PM
Installed my first wireless security system in 1979. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with wireless systems. The cost is usually a little more when it is installed in an existing home. If your were building a new home then hardwire is the way to go. The system (ademco)you ask about is one I have used and it is a very reliable product. The only other one that I use is DSC, and it is a product from Canada. There are pros and cons for both, however the newer wireless systems do not have false alarm problems. If they do then there is something wrong and it needs to be corrected.

Is the Ademco system still the Lynx system ????
Low temp, flood detectors are simple, just make sure the flood detector is electronic, and not a ball float type, which can stick.....

CrackerJack
02-17-2006, 07:23 AM
Lynx was Ademco's low cost product, it had all the electronics in the keypad.
However, it still used the same wireless sensors that their other systems used.