PDA

View Full Version : Smell something burning?

Jraysray
02-14-2006, 03:44 PM
Well, I didn't until a crazed rake yielding Chinese gentleman came slamming on the kitchen window of my house! He not only startled the crap out of me but also freaked me out! What did I do to enrage this man?

Slowly, I walked out my front door ready to thwart any attempt of a “rake attack” when I noticed something smelled like burnt plastic. He was jumping up and down yelling fiyah, fiyah, 911!!!!!!

I looked to my left and wham, my wife’s Expedition was shooting flames about 6ft through the hood and grill and the vehicle was about 10ft from my house! After gawking for a moment wondering how this could have happened I leapt into action! I went in to call 911 then grab an extinguisher. Call made, but the extinguisher was in the other car to get replaced. Crap!

I then ran out to grab the garden hose to try and keep it from spreading to the interior. I got about 2ft from it and whiplash!!!! My neighbor was pulled his car up on my the freakin’ hose!!! WHY?

To make a long story short, I got up off the ground and was able to extinguish the entire fire prior to the fire dept showing up. I would like to say that it was due to my training as an industrial firefighter but it wasn’t. I WAS LUCKY!!!! I also left the house vulnerable. BAD BAD BAD!

Are your extinguishers charged and up to date? Do you have enough and are they strategically located?

For you other firefighters,,,,I am KING of the green line!

ChromeGorilla
02-14-2006, 03:54 PM
Well holy crap!!!!!!:eek!: Just how the hell does a vehichle catch on fire sitting there?:confused: :confused: Thank god your house was OK. Is the Ex a total loss? That really stinks.....

Oh and..... Another Ford bites the dust......

Again.......Glad your OK

onesubdrvr
02-14-2006, 03:57 PM
Well holy crap!!!!!!:eek!: Just how the hell does a vehichle catch on fire sitting there?:confused: :confused: Thank god your house was OK. Is the Ex a total loss? That really stinks.....
Oh and..... Another Ford bites the dust......
Again.......Glad your OK
I'm glad you and your house is OK as well, thank goodness

Now Chromie,...

The cause of the fire was simple, it had heart burn from eatin up chebby's! :biggrin:

Wayne

KRAVEN
02-14-2006, 04:12 PM
Did you get the recall from Ford regarding the cruise control sensor mounted on the master cylinder brake booster.This has been linked to seversl fires.:shocking:

olredalert
02-14-2006, 05:13 PM
------Sorry to see that!!! Its definetly a total!!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Bill S

BUIZILLA
02-14-2006, 06:22 PM
Plastic hood?

World Ford Body Shop down here had an F150 go up in flames in the middle of the night, in the middle of a packed warehouse of vehicles.... wasn't a pretty sight the next morning.... another Expedition caught fire on the top rail of a car transporter in a truck stop yard, and burnt the entire transporter, 8 cars/trucks, semi truck and trailer, to the ground. Another caught fire in the Redlands in a garage, and burned the house to the ground...

Cruise control brake disconnect switch on the top front of the master cylinder...

ChromeGorilla
02-14-2006, 06:46 PM
All new 2006 Ford Expedition.... now available with SCP! Spontaneous Combustion Package..... only at your local Ford dealer....

McGary911
02-16-2006, 11:50 AM
the spiritual successor to the exploding pinto?

Glad it wasn't worse......No damage to the house..

IS that a plastic hood? Sure melted like one.

mikev
02-16-2006, 01:14 PM
IS that a plastic hood? Sure melted like one.
wouldnt be suprised my silverado stepsides back fenders are plastic which is kind of nice cant dent them and its alot lighter.

Jraysray
02-16-2006, 04:26 PM
Nope, metal hood. It must have been really hot for a long time prior to burning. I came home yesterday and there was STOP DO NOT OPEN EVIDENCE tape all over the hood. I have been interviewed by several groups of people and given statements to all. You would think I ran over somebody. I hope they pick it up today. It really smells. I think the insurance is going after Ford to recover the payout.