PDA

View Full Version : Its Alive

senna
02-14-2006, 01:31 PM
After almost 5 long years of collecting dust my brother (Air Grady) finally got the new motor in his 1976 19' Hornet running and actually got the hull wet(other than from tears). I got the call on Saturday at work and left early to go for a shake down run and it ran well. Unfortunately, I did not have a camera to capture the joy on the boys face. Next time for sure.
:biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

Patrick

Jamesbon
02-14-2006, 05:52 PM
That's great news! I remember that boat from Eufala or Palatka way back in the day! That's when the old GT was still running :)

We want pics!

Congrats!

senna
02-15-2006, 10:00 AM
Its going to be around 80 this weekend and I'm sure some boating is in order. I see what I can get and post them. The looks you get in that boat are amazing. Going by or pulling into restaurants is fun because everyone stops what they are doing to look and see a 19' boat making the sweet sound of big block chevy. When we fired up after eating some dinner at the Riverwalk on Saturday an older lady sitting there let out a yelp that made me laugh out loud.

Patrick

Cuda
02-15-2006, 07:31 PM
I hope we get to see it at a function some time this year. I love those Hornets.

AIRGRADY
02-15-2006, 09:07 PM
WOOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!! The noise maker is back!

NEW big block chevy engine, NEW complete MSD ignition w/ rev limiter, NEW Magnaflow water pump, NEW double pumper carb, NEW custom Stainless Marine exhaust, NEW 10 quart oil pan, NEW fuel pump, the freakin list goes on and on and on and on and on. This thing turned my wallet inside out.

I splashed her Sat and babied her in Naples Bay for the shake down run. She performed flawlessly and turned every head she passed.

THERES NO SNEAKING AROUND IN THIS BOAT!

Glad to be back boating. I still can't get the smile off my face.

Grady

Rootsy
02-16-2006, 06:41 AM
congratulations on a job well done and good to see you back in the donzi world once again... now photos... we want to see photos... chop chop :D

donzijim
12-06-2007, 08:14 AM
Sorry to post that once again the Hornet is garaged. AirGrady will not talk about it, must be major troubles. I hope it doesn't another 5 years to hear the music that the boat sends out in Naples Bay.

senna
12-08-2007, 09:56 AM
Biggest paperweight I've ever seen. :bonk:

BUIZILLA
12-08-2007, 10:07 AM
what is the situation with it??

PM me if needed

senna
12-08-2007, 11:07 AM
He wont even talk about it. He is a little upset. Maybe a little razzing from everyone here will at least make him get it looked at. He has thick skin so let the boy have it:smash:

f_inscreenname
12-09-2007, 08:31 AM
He needs to read my website. There is a whole lot of heartbreak there but like the old saying goes, "when you fall off that horse you need to get right back on it or you never will".:wink:

AIRGRADY
12-10-2007, 09:16 AM
PAPERWEIGHT! F'ing PAPERWEIGHT!
The Hornet has been called many things but never a PAPERWEIGHT.

I guess I will run right out to the money tree I have in the backyard and gather up the cash to get her fixed!

The peanut gallery (SENNA) needs a cup of shut the $%^ up!

Maybe Santa will be good to me this year and I can get her back in the water soon.

AIRGRADY-thinking about a new screen name
"Money Hemorrhager" sounds appropriate

senna
12-12-2007, 11:15 AM
Wow It appears that I found the CODE RED button to push!!! It still may be a touchy subject

p729lws
12-12-2007, 10:18 PM
Wow It appears that I found the CODE RED button to push!!! It still may be a touchy subject

How's that cup of shut the $%^ up??? :):):)

senna
12-14-2007, 01:08 PM
It worked. He contacted his mechanic.

P.S. It wasn't my first cup

p729lws
12-14-2007, 04:22 PM
P.S. It wasn't my first cup

Now that's funny!:smash:

Dan

donzijim
12-15-2007, 10:51 AM
Lets all hope the problem with the "PAPERWEIGHT" is minor $$$$$.
Great name for the boat. Senna has a very large cup of a lot of things coming.