PDA

View Full Version : 26 zr

bob haver
02-13-2006, 07:53 PM
donzi has a 26zr can't wait see this what do you guy's think or hear

SouthBendBlackHawk
02-13-2006, 09:52 PM
I can’t wait to see pics of the 26ZR. This is going to be a great boat and a nice step up in length from the classic 22. I might need to have two Donzi’s.

Carl C
02-14-2006, 07:24 AM
This should compete nicely with Fountain's 27 Fever. Assuming this will be a single engine boat, hopefully it will have the power options it needs to be a player yet still somewhat affordable.

CHACHI
02-14-2006, 11:24 AM
Was told that the 525 motor was optional. Should make for a nice ride. Ken

Dr. Dan
02-14-2006, 11:51 AM
:wavey: Something to consider, the 22 Shelby was going for $68,000 on show Special during the Boat shows with a 496HO. Regular list was in the $70's?

So whatever the current base 26Zx is, it's likely to go for $85,000 plus with base options and I am sure closer to $120 with a 525EFI.

Those are my guesses....let's see what it is showing for in Miami...the Sea Dogs can give us a reality check I am sure.

If its the Same Hull with a New Top....then I'll have mixed feelings on the whole package...unless something incredible is planned....or the Center of Gravity is changed or the weight is less?

Curious minds wanna know?

Doc :bonk:

Carl C
02-14-2006, 12:05 PM
Donzi's web site sure isn't any help. It still says Classics come with Gaffrig gauges. Time to update, guys! www.DonziMarine.com

roadtrip se
02-14-2006, 12:30 PM
I've owned three Fountains, one 27 and two 32's. Good friend has an out of this world 97 35 up in the 1000 Islands that many of you have seen. Driven the 38 and the 42.

I really want to see Donzi out Fountain, Fountain, all the way through their line up. I really enjoyed watching what they did to them in F2 class a couple of years ago and I keep hearing rumors that it is about to happen again in Super Vee. Racing success does bleed over to better boats for us.

Matty, just as an fyi, the 35 Fountain you are most likely comparing the ZR to is their Executioner. This is an old design that Fountain brought back as a price point boat and is selling a bunch of 'em. The 35 Lightning is more of a direct competitor to the ZR with a twin step and similar price point with options.

The 27 Fountain is an absolute tank riding on an 11 year old bottom. Price point boat for dealers to sell to the unsuspecting public, just to be traded in on a much more expensive twin engine beast, some times in just a few months. I was a victim of this ploy. 27 with 500HP carb ran 72, but it took twenty minutes to get the thing up out of the water!

The 29 Fountain is really the target for Donzi with the small ZR. It has had the most focus on the bottom and CG in recent times, due to F1 racing. It will run mid to upper 70s with a 525. A few have been built with 575s and run mid-80's. The 29 500EFI boat could be bought in the 90-100K range last time I checked.

Donzi has a chance to build a nice step up boat into their larger ZR boats and maybe, even finally, an intender boat for us classic guys; I just hope they build something that runs like a scalded ape and the price point isn't in the stratosphere!

We need pictures, pictures please!

undertaker
02-14-2006, 03:21 PM
I have heard forum member Donzi22ZX (who does not post here to much anymore:eek: ) has purchased a 26ZR from Frank Civitano. He ordered one with a 496HO motor and is having a Raylar kit installed. I think purchase price was over 100K without raylar kit but do not quote me on that.:boggled: Maybe he will post on here again once he gets to run the boat.

Undertaker :pimp:

Jamesbon
02-14-2006, 05:49 PM
Ho hum.....a 26 ZR doesn't do anything for me. Now, a 26 Classic would make me sit up and pay attention!

Why don't they concentrate on a 26 or 27 Classic? I think something like that would sell. Look at how beautiful the 22C is, then stretch it out with a sleek, long bow, slightly larger cockpit and hold on! Maybe even open up the bow into a small cuddy, but DON'T change that flat Classic top deck. That's what makes her so beautiful...

...oh yeah, single powerplant, maybe a blown 1100 SC on a #6 drive....YEAH BABY, now we're talking. This would be my dream boat. In reality, I'd have to buy the hull and rig myself...maybe a "John Shabas type" blower motor and Arneson drive.

...just my .02 ....

Dr. Dan
02-14-2006, 07:30 PM
:beer:
Ho hum.....a 26 ZR doesn't do anything for me. Now, a 26 Classic would make me sit up and pay attention!
Why don't they concentrate on a 26 or 27 Classic? I think something like that would sell. Look at how beautiful the 22C is, then stretch it out with a sleek, long bow, slightly larger cockpit and hold on! Maybe even open up the bow into a small cuddy, but DON'T change that flat Classic top deck. That's what makes her so beautiful...
...just my .02 ....

:beer: Nate I always liked your sense of appreciation for what was beautiful!

I agree 100%, they need a new version of the 27 Magnum, that would fit right in there, and keep the Classic look!:spongebob

Doc of Many Opinions

Jamesbon
02-14-2006, 07:44 PM
"Dr. D.,"
I couldn't agree more.

...takes one to know one ;)

bob haver
02-14-2006, 08:26 PM
:beer:
:beer: Nate I always liked your sense of appreciation for what was beautiful!
I agree 100%, they need a new version of the 27 Magnum, that would fit right in there, and keep the Classic look!:spongebob
Doc of Many Opinionsdan i agree too i will alway's have a 22classic but is sure is nice to know that donzi is looking at the 20 plus something market

Donzi22zx
02-14-2006, 10:14 PM
Hey guys how have you been, I no longer own a Donzi and have been busy with work and have not followed the registry boards. I have not purchased a 26ZR yet( not built), but Frank Civatano at Typhoon Performance Marine has my name on a hull, it will have the 496 H.O. motor and the Raylar Big Power kit. From what I know the 26ZR does not come with the 525 as a option, only the 496 and 496 H.O. The base price will be around 78,000 with the H.O. motor, Donzi wants to be competive with Baja. I have pics of the boat in the mold, but I cant wait to see the pics from the Miami show. I will let everyone know when I purchase the boat

undertaker
02-15-2006, 09:10 AM
Well there you have it...:cool: :yes:

Undertaker:fire:

RickSE
02-15-2006, 10:00 AM
...the 26ZR does not come with the 525 as a option, only the 496 and 496 H.O. ..... Donzi wants to be competive with Baja.

Am I the only one here saying WTF???

Nate you got the right idea. Make the big Classic light though and you don't need big power. I'd say a 4000 lb 24' or 27' Classic with a 525.

BUIZILLA
02-15-2006, 10:14 AM
A little birdie tells me it's a 27ZR, not a 26...... it's in my favorite color combo too... :lookaroun

anonymous

BUIZILLA
02-15-2006, 01:24 PM
Matty..... it's neither of those.....

Dr. Dan
02-15-2006, 02:02 PM
Jim,
do I have to keep guessing ??? or are ya gonna tell us what your favorite colors are

Blue and White you Irish Ninny!

:spongebob No Soup For You!!!!

Doc :beer:

jeddski
02-16-2006, 04:00 PM
Donzi22ZX,
Where do you do your boating? We have our name on Mr. Civatano's list as well....
Would be neat to get the first of these new boats together over the season!
Hoping for a 525hp factory option,
dreaming of putting a whipple on top :jestera:
Guessing by your screen name that you're stepping up from a 22zx?
Any chance you used to drive a pro-charged 454?
send me an email sometime!

Shanghied Again
02-16-2006, 06:03 PM
Ok here is the scoop. I am in Miami and the 27 ZR made its showing today. All I can tell you is Madpoodle is going to be up loading the Pictures soon. The boat was not only a hit but she is the best looking 27 in Any Class. The engine room is flawless and Jed thank god I have your name on one becuase I have 6 on paper as of the first day at the show. This boat is under $90,000 and looks like the 35ZR but in a smaller version, I am also working with Donzi to make me one with no power so I can make an F1 Raceboat for myself. The 27 ZR looks like a rocket and There is no Fountain, Baja or any boat in its class that comes close. She has a long nose sleek and one mean looking boat.
She has K Planes, Full Hydraulic Steering and 8'4 Beam, Nice Cabin and V berth with 2 seats down stairs.. This boat is also avalible with a 525.. DONZI Is back, bigger badder and faster then ever before..

Dr. Dan
02-16-2006, 07:56 PM
:spongebob Thanks Frank,

That is exactly what I wanted to hear....I am excited for Donzi Marine...I was hoping it would come through like this....defintiely a niche' market for it for sure....

Very Very Cool! :spongebob

Frank what's the average hull weight?
What would one list for normally with a 525 in it, just a range?

Doc of Eventual Larger Storage:beer: Needs