PDA

View Full Version : The Ford GT...

roadtrip se
02-13-2006, 03:56 PM
I've watched these things post-production test out on I-96, just a few miles from my house. It is always a treat to see one.
Yes, they will be winding down production as planned this fall. Yes, the Z-06 is close in performance for a lot less dough.

But until you have seen a GT on the street, sit in one at a dealership or a car show, or have the luck to drive one... you just won't understand. This car will have a level of class and mystique twenty years from now that we enjoy with our Classics today.

I've attached a picture that looks slightly familair to one of our rallies and a link to a video that shows the true potential of this car. Thank goodness that we can still drive our boats to their fullest potential without the risk of getting thrown in the clink!!

http://www.torquenstein.net/movies/imv/Joes_GT.wmv

BUIZILLA
02-13-2006, 04:15 PM
Funny you bring this up, I sat in one saturday at the RM Auction in Boca... purty darn cool...

one also got fire singed in a local dealership showroom mishap last week too...

:sombrero:

Lenny
02-13-2006, 05:15 PM
The guy who scorched the one here later hung himself in a plane lavatory...

How do you do that ??? It is all you can do to pee in one and forget about the other. :eek: With a 7' cieling it must have been interesting.

Lenny
02-13-2006, 05:35 PM
NICE link to the GT Todd. Awesome.

BUIZILLA
02-13-2006, 05:42 PM
Len, I have lived here 50 years, and it gets more bizarre here every day... this dealership fire was completely off the wall loony... guy liked the car, liked the deal, hated the financing arrangement, so he drove his new car into the Ford dealership lobby, and blew it up...

JH

Dr. Dan
02-13-2006, 06:39 PM
:spongebob Wow, that was pretty cool, what was the car the guys were filming in? Thanks Todd, now I have to explain why I have to sell my house to buy another Toy and "Go Live in a Van Down by the River!"

:smash: Hmmm wonder what I can get for some slighty used Carpet Samples.

Doc

Lenny
02-13-2006, 06:51 PM
Dr. Dan, I believe it was the blue WRX Subaru. They are supposed to be unreal for what they are.

roadtrip se
02-13-2006, 08:40 PM
was the film car running at 140. The other one you see on the roads of similar ilk is the Mitsu EVO. Both run great, but they are no challenge for the Terminator Cobra and I try to remind them of it every chance I can get.

I actually did try to run last summer with a GT coming out of Rousch R&D and my 4.5 second car was seriously dusted on the Southfield Freeway. The engineers stopped afterwards up on the Ford Road exit and we talked for awhile. It was an early tungsten color car and hardly stock, but what GT really is; I just wanted to see it run!

Bizarre story out of Miami, but nothing surprises me any more!

goatee
02-13-2006, 10:58 PM
great! i've got this list,,and it just keeps getting longer.:boggled:

roadtrip se
02-14-2006, 01:58 PM
that shows assembly at Saleen and Wixom.

Click on "take the interactive factory tour"

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=107085#