PDA

View Full Version : Valentine's Day Plans

MrsDigger
02-13-2006, 10:16 AM
Anyone have any big plans? Weddings, proposals, hearts and flowers? Cruises? Chocolate gluttony?

mikev
02-13-2006, 11:09 AM
Dinner and a play for us it is a suprise and she has been trying to get it out of me for a month. all she knows is she has to dress up. No flowers she hates for me to waste $75-80 on flowers when i can get them any other time for $20 and its a real suprise not the cliche.

Rootsy
02-13-2006, 11:41 AM
pay property taxes... the states way of saying "happy valentines day" to ya :boggled:

other than that.. shhhhh i cannot divulge secrets since she will surely be reading this :D

Carl C
02-13-2006, 01:19 PM
Ha, paid my property taxes last week. Tomorrow I'll be sanding drywall.:yippie:

Reedy
02-13-2006, 01:28 PM
21st dinner and movie date......:beer:

Schnook
02-13-2006, 01:34 PM
Make steak & lobster dinner, hang out in front of the fireplace (thanks for the cold weather ambiance to Mssr. Frost) with a good bottle of wine, drop a little bling on her.

need for speed
02-13-2006, 01:55 PM
Yup... since I have to keep the new bride happy i am taking her out to a nice dinner..... only thing is I made the reservation 2 weeks ago and they said they had nothing for 2 people, ( only before 530 pm) ( yeah funny i am thinking to my self) I called back 2 mins later and tryed for 4 people... no problem anytime they said.. how stuck up is that :uzi: of a place only to want big groups... o well i made it for 4 only thing is 2 are not going :):smash: :uzi:

Schnook
02-13-2006, 02:21 PM
Word to the wise - Some places won't seat you until the entire party is there. This happened to me, except that we really were stood up by the other couple :frown: Maybe have a plan b in your hip pocket...

boxy
02-13-2006, 02:42 PM
Word to the wise - Some places won't seat you until the entire party is there. This happened to me, except that we really were stood up by the other couple :frown: Maybe have a plan b in your hip pocket...

I'm guessing if Mr.Benjamin joins the party he'll have no problem getting seated....

need for speed
02-13-2006, 03:00 PM
it will be ok just tell them 2 could not make it when u get to the place.. in the end i have the reservation..:):smash:

Ed Donnelly
02-13-2006, 03:52 PM
Planing a surprise dinner for the wife.
Beans and weiners
I'm sure the kids will love it too........Ed

need for speed
02-13-2006, 03:56 PM
we are going light on the gifts we are saving them for the new 22 we are looking for!

Schnook
02-13-2006, 04:16 PM
I'm guessing if Mr.Benjamin joins the party he'll have no problem getting seated....
A.K.A 'plan b in your hip pocket' :wink:

MrsDigger
02-14-2006, 08:34 PM
My Valentine's Day plan went off without a hitch...last year at this time, we were driving down to North Carolina, and Digger was leaving for Iraq the next day.

This St. Valentine's Day, I was able to meet him at the door, cook a nice dinner, serve it with a wonderful bottle of Virginia merlot in our "formal" dining room, and then...well, candles and romance ensued elsewhere.

I can't begin to express how blessed I feel that he came home safely from a worthy deployment, and how friggin' ecstatic I am that tomorrow, he's just going to work for the day, and not for 7 months. Remembering how I felt one year ago today makes me realize just how fortunate I am to have found my soul mate and to have him here, safe and sound, with me.

God bless all the military wives and families who are home alone tonight, waiting and praying for their hearts to come back to them safely, and thank you, God, that my heart came home to me and that we were able to share this wonderful day together. Semper Fi.

need for speed
02-14-2006, 08:43 PM
Laurie and I had a great night... Dinner was great and the reservation worked like a charm..:hyper:

What a great Night!

Schnook
02-14-2006, 09:25 PM
Speed, I'm glad your evening went off without a hitch. Best wishes for all the V-days you've got coming.
Mrs Digger, wonderful sentiments. When Mrs Schook deployed it wasn't easy. A heartfelt 'Thank You' to Digger and to all our boys and girls who couldn't be with theirs this year. And to top it off, dinner turned out great, I didn't burn anything! I think I'll try beens&weenies next year;)

MrsDigger
02-14-2006, 10:20 PM
:hyper: beans above the frank! Beans above the frank! :hyper: