PDA

View Full Version : hey guys I'm back

Jack Frost
02-12-2006, 07:50 AM
just got back from Torino with all the olympic stuff been busy, but I am back working in the northeast, just figured I'd drop a line let everyone know I am ok
so what's new around here anything??

boxy
02-12-2006, 08:25 AM
Hey Jack welcome back, I heard you dropped in on South West FLA last night, it's 39 degrees in Ft Myers right now......
Nice work.

Cuda
02-12-2006, 09:29 AM
35 in Deland this morning. Thanks Jack. :(

Ed Donnelly
02-13-2006, 01:29 AM
HEY Jack Buddy; Just finished working on some A.M.U.'s on the roof of a 30 story Condo.40 nights of 5 p.m. to midnight. The weather was great. You can bring in the -20's any time now.............Ed

Carl C
02-13-2006, 10:12 AM
:eek: How will you poor folks in Florida ever survive that arctic weather:confused: Here's what I've been doing all morning............

roadtrip se
02-13-2006, 10:45 AM
If any of that stuff turns out to be hickory, cherry, or some other fruit wood, let me know. It would be a shame to burn that for heat, when there is a perfectly good piece of meat to be smoked here in Michigan!

Cuda
02-13-2006, 11:03 AM
28 last night, might be as low as 22 tonight, which would be a record. :(

Carl C
02-13-2006, 11:16 AM
If any of that stuff turns out to be hickory, cherry, or some other fruit wood, let me know. It would be a shame to burn that for heat, when there is a perfectly good piece of meat to be smoked here in Michigan! Don'tcha worry about that.:) Stop by sometime for some venison jerky or smoked salmon...............................

Rootsy
02-13-2006, 11:31 AM
hell cherry is th ebest burning wood there is... burns long and hot... followed by oak and hickory... if you don't want it send it my way... i am going through about a pickup truck load a week to heat the house in this cold weather...

i really need to get my log splitter built... :rolleyes:

Carl C
02-13-2006, 12:50 PM
hell cherry is th ebest burning wood there is... burns long and hot... followed by oak and hickory... if you don't want it send it my way... i am going through about a pickup truck load a week to heat the house in this cold weather...
i really need to get my log splitter built... :rolleyes: Yes, a pick-up load a week is about right. By the way, oak is as good as anything else for smoking food. Trust me - I am the Smokemaster!:hyper:

Woodsy
02-13-2006, 12:54 PM
You guys could send some winter up here.... The Lake hasn't frozen yet, there is next to no snow (maybe 2" on the ground) and the snowmobile trails are closed...

Anybody want to buy a couple of 800XC Polaris with only 600miles? They are collecting dust in the garage....

This winter SUX!

Woodsy

roadtrip se
02-13-2006, 01:11 PM
i really need to get my log splitter built... :rolleyes:
This coming from the guy I saw come through the line at AOTH for smoked brisket at LEAST twice, maybe more. You're blowing smoke and burning up some good lumber doing it.

Carl, cool looking set-up. We'll have to swap notes when we meet. As for the "Smokemaster" title, you can have it; I'm just on the lookout for a good recipe any where I can find it.

Rootsy
02-13-2006, 01:35 PM
This coming from the guy I saw come through the line at AOTH for smoked brisket at LEAST twice, maybe more. You're blowing smoke and burning up some good lumber doing it.
Carl, cool looking set-up. We'll have to swap notes when we meet. As for the "Smokemaster" title, you can have it; I'm just on the lookout for a good recipe any where I can find it.

i loves me some good brisket and you and mark cook some fiiiine meat... but i like being toasty warm and rebelling against gas companies in the process... besides it's much easier on my poor bones and fiberglass resin tends to cure a bit quicker if it's warm in the shop :rlol: