PDA

View Full Version : do not try this at home!!!!

marcdups
02-07-2006, 05:46 AM
Poodle would u post the e mail I sent ya so folks would get a grasp of what could happen, I am home now and cannot sleep, am glad to be ALIVE, talk to ya'll later, towel boy

Patti
02-07-2006, 04:35 PM
WOW..so so sorry to hear about your accident. Please take care of yourself..

Hope you're feeling better soon :)

penbroke
02-07-2006, 06:25 PM
Brings to mind some of the things I have 'gotten away' with over the years...

Best wishes on your recovery. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Frank

Carl C
02-07-2006, 06:31 PM
Rest and get well soon.

Cuda
02-07-2006, 07:18 PM
Whew! Glad your reasonably ok. It could have been worse.

I knew a guy in high school that was working on a gas tank for a car, and blew it up. He was hurt real bad. I've heard the trick is to not just flush a tank, but to completely fill it with water, which will remove all the gas fumes.

Hope you heal soon!

onesubdrvr
02-07-2006, 07:20 PM
Marc,

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery,

Ultimately, I'm glad your still with us to share this story!

Take care
Wayne

boxy
02-07-2006, 08:39 PM
Damn...... take care Marc. I hope everything goes well, and you're feeling better soon.

DonCig
02-07-2006, 09:09 PM
Marc, in 2003 I managed to place my right hand in front of a Cannon barrell (Not a camera, a cannon). Long story short, the advances in treatment of severe burns has progressed greatly in the last five years. My Doctor in Denver does regular work at the Denver Childrens Burn Hospital. The first doctor that treated my injuries was a back woods old school doctor. Luckily only with a little mis-treatment. You are supposed to remove the silver halide within one to two days of the injury. I can tell by your photos that you have a Doc who is trained in the latest techniques. The cheese cloth impregnated with antibiotics is unbelievable in its effectiveness.
Hang in there and take it easy, you will be fine. You will go through 500 miles of gauze in the next few months, but it is fascinating to watch your skin grow back and lift the cheesecloth off without the miserable scabbing of years ago. Here is a pic of my right hand, then back on the water within a month as throttleman on the pontoon reacing boat, and another picture tonight showing the recovery. I may have a little arthritas when I get very old due to the siver particles in my skin, but I am thankful to still have all the parts in working order. Gunpowder and gasoline have a lot in common!
Don

Doug G
02-08-2006, 03:18 PM
You and Diane are truely lucky. Our thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery.
Doug & Jerry

DONZI
02-08-2006, 07:43 PM
Wow Marc,
I also would like to send you guys along a wish for a speedy healing process.

A little good fortune to come out of it is. It sounds like you didn't take that big inhale that burns your lungs. I work with live Nat. Gas everyday and that is one of the things we are taught. In the event of a flash don't inhale.
I hope better days are coming for you both.
Ken

marcdups
02-09-2006, 12:42 AM
thanks for all your support, luckily enough I knew not to inhale, still hurting but getting better I hope, face is a 100 0/0 beter but hands still taking a beating, am trying to keep them upabove the ticker soi am nnot on rthe puter fro long, thankks agauin!!

joseph m. hahnl
02-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Poodle would u post the e mail I sent ya so folks would get a grasp of what could happen, I am home now and cannot sleep, am glad to be ALIVE, talk to ya'll later, towel boy

Marc. We're all glad your alive too. hope you have a speedy recovery.

Some good green bud will take your mind off the pain.

joe

straight jacket
02-10-2006, 10:11 AM
Hope you get better soon , I just had to weld some bungs into a tank myself that was flushed and sitting out for about 2 months but still kind of smelled. Different situation but I put a little propane torch near the opening to see if it would ignite, I stood around the corner of the race car trailer so if it did go bang I would be protected. Sorry to hear about your mishapp , maybe its a way of telling you to take a rest. At least your still kicking:superman:

McGary911
02-10-2006, 10:53 AM
Wow. Glad you're going to recover. Being on fire has got to be a terrible feeling. Wishing you a full and complete recovery.....with as little discomfort as possible. Glad it wasn't worse.

FOSTER
02-10-2006, 12:06 PM
Marc, sorry to hear about your accident. I transport gas for a living, watched a friend get blown off the top of a trailer,He was not as lucky. I know how fast things can go wrong even when you do every thing right. Hope you and your wife heal up soon.
Bret.

Forrest
02-10-2006, 03:39 PM
Holy smokes, Towelboy, you are one lucky dude! You survived being stranded in the miles from shore in Atlantic during a hurricane and now this. You are like a cat with nine lives! Hope to see you at Eufaula this year. Get well soon.