PDA

View Full Version : The most sought after Donzis

TuxedoPk
02-06-2006, 04:54 PM
Did anyone read the description on this ad? :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Donzi-Z-33-Project-Twin-454-MAGs-Triple-Trailer_W0QQitemZ4609457709QQcategoryZ26432QQssPag eNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Carl C
02-06-2006, 05:01 PM
Hey, it's a FORD Donzi.:shocking: NOT A FLORIDA BOAT:rlol: You guys down there must have a bad rep for beating up your boats!:smash:

boxy
02-06-2006, 06:37 PM
Tux, I don't think he is implying that his 33 is the most sought after Donzi. The way I read it is that he is saying his year is the most sought after year of Z-33's......

smokediver
02-06-2006, 06:49 PM
Hey, it's a FORD Donzi.:shocking: NOT A FLORIDA BOAT:rlol: You guys down there must have a bad rep for beating up your boats!:smash:
Ummmm .... no ...... we get to use our boats more than 2 weeks out of the year :yes:

TuxedoPk
02-06-2006, 08:09 PM
Tux, I don't think he is implying that his 33 is the most sought after Donzi. The way I read it is that he is saying his year is the most sought after year of Z-33's......

I understood it the same as you. I posted it because it had a little bit to please everyone, most sought after Z-33 years, Ford's taking over Donzi, chopper guns....

Sagbay32
02-06-2006, 08:49 PM
all that ad was missing was the phrase
" i need to sell it cause i am taking up sailing "
:rlol: :p

I don't care who you are...that right there is funny.

M

TuxedoPk
02-07-2006, 11:20 AM
I don't care who you are...that right there is funny.
M

:yes:

Donzigo
02-08-2006, 09:19 AM
I remember a Z-33 that was on the registry a while back............I think a guy from one of the Carolinas owned it. Bought it to restore..........and lost interest when he found out how much it would cost to restore. I have restored one. It took three years of hard work, and I will tell anyone that a boat restoration is all about "time & money" .........lots of both.
I, too. got a smile from the FORD and "the most sought after ........." comments. Perhaps it could be argued that the best years of the Z-33 were from 1986 to June of 1989, when OMC bought the company. But, not from the aspect of the chopper gun; but, form the quality of components. When Dick Genth & Jack Staples introduced the Z-boat line, their philosophy seemed to be this: to build a quality boat in small production runs. Hence, the German VDO instruments, Perko components, and attention to detail in design and production techniques. There was a sing on the wall of the assembly area that read: "LEAVE THE OTHER GUY"S PRODUCTION PROBLEMS OUTSIDE THE DOOR". Meaning this. There are many boat manufacturers in the area around the Sarasota airport and the workforce floats from company to company. Dick Genth wanted the personnel who came to work for Donzi to understand that they should work differently at this new facility. (It was a killer beautiful palce, for sure and is in operation today. where the Chris Craft runabouts are built.) In the sense of quality, it can be argued that the 86 to 89 boats are the most sought after Z-33s. Of course, as production techniques improved beyond 1989, who can really say that one Z-33 is built better than another.