PDA

View Full Version : Buy a Classic 22 -98?

Patrik Sweden
02-06-2006, 12:36 PM
Hi,

I'm about to buy a Donzi 22 Classic here in Sweden... Is it something special you think I should look at?

:idea:

MOP
02-06-2006, 09:06 PM
It is worth the $$ to have it inspected by a marine surveyor, it is also a good idea to have the mechanicals checked by a competent shop. It ends up as cheap insurance and gives you an out if need be!

Phil

Dr. Dan
02-07-2006, 06:15 AM
:bonk: Pictures would be nice...too, although Phil is correct... a survey is good insurance or a very knowledgeable person to look it over for you. Have them do a leak down test, compression check on the motor, or even and oil analysis...can tell ya alot.

But to answer your question there are alot of 22 Classics, maybe not in Sweden, but there is nothing inherently rare about a 22 Classic.

If it is a limited production model like a Blackhawk, or something unusual then maybe... but again pics posted here will yeild more direct comments.

Good Luck

Doc :cool!:

Patrik Sweden
02-07-2006, 11:26 AM
The Classic 22 is a pretty rare boat here in Sweden.

But I couldn't refuse.. so I bought it! :-)

Ranman
02-07-2006, 12:03 PM
Congratulations! Very nice looking boat! You will for sure get a lot of attention with it.

By the way, about how much does it cost for 1 US gallon of fuel in Sweden?

Patrik Sweden
02-07-2006, 12:13 PM
Thanks!

We don't have any oilplatforms here in sweden, so the fuel prices are crazy! 1 gallon cost 7USD... So it's not cheap to drive around in a V8.. :angryfire

The boat has only ben driven 201 hours, and there is only one owner, an old gentlemen, who also have a Princess Yacht.. 21 meter..

Morgan's Cloud
02-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Thanks!
the fuel prices are crazy! 1 gallon cost 7USD... ..
Welcome to the club ! :kaioken: :D

Ranman
02-07-2006, 03:26 PM
At $280 USD to fill her up, I can understand the 350 small block. I still hope you run her hard every chance you get. People will be full of envy when they hear that V8 roaring across the bay while thinking about the $$$ it takes to do it.

Patrik Sweden
02-07-2006, 03:30 PM
Yes, but I just sold my Bertram 25 Sportfisherman.. with a big block, so the Classic will be much cheaper to drive around in..:biggrin.:

But I hope everyone in Stockholm will be aware when I'm comming!

RedDog
02-07-2006, 04:39 PM
Beautiful boat! It ought to be fun :smile:

MOP
02-07-2006, 08:49 PM
Your 22 looks to be a very nice boat, I am very partial to the small block. I have and old 22 with a small block and do appreciate the economy, plus I feel they are more nimble then the big block boats. I am very familiar with the Pricess line ov vessels, I have close to a 1000 miles on the 37. Over the years I have sold several it is truly a fine vessel, you now have the best of both a great small boat and a great cruiser.

Phil

onesubdrvr
02-07-2006, 08:52 PM
Patrick,...

Beautiful boat,....now to business,...

You need to go see those people at the Volvo factory and insist that they re-release the 270/280 E-Drive lower,..... so what if there is only a couple dozen of us looking for them!!

Enjoy your new toy!
Wayne

boxy
02-07-2006, 09:08 PM
Looks great Patrick, have fun.....

Phil, I think the previous owner has the Princess 21, not Patrick.

MOP
02-08-2006, 06:13 AM
I read to dran fast Steve!!!

Carl C
02-08-2006, 06:20 AM
Nice boat. I don't think you will have any regrets. I haven't. Maybe we should call this the International Donzi Registry:beer:

Dr. Dan
02-08-2006, 07:40 AM
:beer: Patrick .... Congrats, nice ride, I have always been enthused by the small block in the 22 also, I have seen a few and ran with a couple.... they ran great.

I am not a believer in a small block vs big block for "Economy"...its kinda like being half pregnant. Enjoy it and have fun.

I close friend has the same color scheme, he has a 700 Horse Whippled motor in it, when he runs it, it moves right along....

Congrats and Welcome to the Registry....

Hey , now you need some Donzi Clothes to out fit your Crew. Check out some of the Duds, on the www.atlanticcoastdonzi.com under the gift page, we are running a Valentine Sale til thru March.

See the thread under Performance section at the top of this page,for details. Atlantic Coast Clothes.

Doc :spongebob

Barry Phillips
02-08-2006, 02:07 PM
Welcome Patrick, looks just like my 02, needs a Swedish flag on the side though.

Good Luck
BP

bverd
02-10-2006, 09:27 AM
I am in Stockholm at least once a year and in all my times there I have looked and looked for Donzi's. When he says they are rare, I have yet to see one or anything that comes close. Where do you keep the new toy.

--bverd

Patrik Sweden
02-10-2006, 12:02 PM
I've never seen a Classic in Stockholm before, I think they sold like 15 in sweden total.. I have mine 20 minutes north of Stockholm, but I live in central Stockholm.

I look forward to get it in the water.. it's still ice here in Stockholm..

onesubdrvr: I'll make sure that Volvo get the message!:biggrin:

I got the papers today from the Mercruiser mechanic, and the machine were in great shape and the running hours just below 200h..

Patrik Sweden
02-11-2006, 05:02 AM
Do you guys know were I can fin (online) the carpet inside my 22? I would like it to be red..

Silver Bullet
02-11-2006, 03:15 PM
Welcome!!!!!!

Great looking boat. You will have no regrets.

$ 7.00 dollar gas...... Holy Crap..... You may consider a case of beer and just staying at the marina.

Congrats

ZaneDonzi
02-11-2006, 03:28 PM
Very nice boat indeed.... one of my favorites:beer:

Try this for ur carpet Patrik.... http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43190

ZaneDonzi
02-14-2006, 12:28 PM
Is your boat painted or is it still like it came new? If painted... did u use gel or paint?

Thanx..

Patrik Sweden
02-14-2006, 01:07 PM
The sun here in northern Europe don't do any harm to the gelcoat, so yes mine is mint condition.. original gelcoat.

What do you do for living in Dubai? I have alot of friends (swedish) who live there.