PDA

View Full Version : SB National anthem.....

ChromeGorilla
02-05-2006, 05:16 PM
Am I the only one who thought the National Anthem sounded like shiz????? I hate when it gets hacked up like that. :mad:

dfunde01
02-05-2006, 05:19 PM
Am I the only one who thought the National Anthem sounded like shiz????? I hate when it gets hacked up like that. :mad:

What in the hell is the NFL trying to prove by screwing up the national anthem. I was offended with a hip hop version in Atlanta at a Braves playoff game years ago and was just as offended with the "I don't know what version" at the Super Bowl. It is not a pop jazz song folks.

Dave

Cuda
02-05-2006, 05:19 PM
I just posted the same thing on Oso. I hate when they fck up the song. Haven't they ever heard what it is SUPPOSED to sound like?????:fire:

Carl C
02-05-2006, 05:20 PM
It wasn't mixed well. I hope they do a better job with the Stones. Alright, back to the billion $ comercials.:smile:

dfunde01
02-05-2006, 05:26 PM
It wasn't mixed well. I hope they do a better job with the Stones. Alright, back to the billion $ comercials.:smile:
Don't think it was a mixing issue. Clearly an inappropriate vocal interpretation.

Dave

boldts
02-05-2006, 05:38 PM
At work so I didn't get to hear it. Who did it? You know, I'm from a time when we sang the National Athem with the band or singer at the start of a ball game, race or other sporting event. Sure would be nice to get back to that type of support for our country.

Hopin to get home in time for the 2nd half :biggrin.:

dfunde01
02-05-2006, 05:45 PM
At work so I didn't get to hear it. Who did it? You know, I'm from a time when we sang the National Athem with the band or singer at the start of a ball game, race or other sporting event. Sure would be nice to get back to that type of support for our country.
Hopin to get home in time for the 2nd half :biggrin.:

Dr. John on piano, Aaron Nevile and Aretha Franklin backed by a choir.

Cuda
02-05-2006, 07:25 PM
I'm just glad the Stones didn't have any wardrobe malfunctions.

Carl C
02-05-2006, 07:30 PM
The younger guys here thought they sucked but my old ass thought they rocked.

onesubdrvr
02-05-2006, 08:08 PM
I agree, the national anthem sucked, kinda of a gospel jazz motown version - didn't like it at all.

Now, the Stones,....I am a stones fan, but didn't care for the sound of the 1/2 time show.

Wayne

DonCig
02-05-2006, 08:09 PM
My wife, who used to sing classical music loved it, I was at the office working so I have to watch the reruns later.
Now the Stones, I still play some of their songs, which reminds me of how much their vocals have degraded.

TuxedoPk
02-05-2006, 09:19 PM
This had to be one of the lamest, if not the lamest Super Bowl presentations I can ever remember.

The commercials were god aweful, the Stones sounded like sh@t

goatee
02-05-2006, 10:14 PM
i liked several commercials also. when the monkeys put the chart back up-side-down,,,lighting the stogie with money,,,,????? great!

bear attack, fed ex caveman, mile high club

p.s. one of the worst superbowls played!
after half time,, steelers were being outplayed BIG TIME, but score did not reflect. came back and got it together a little better second half,,but by then i wanted to see hasselbeck start connecting on his bullet passes.
(kids got an arm!!) bad calls in enzone, foot misses pilon (on wrong side)
this shoud never have been even close.

TuxedoPk
02-06-2006, 06:48 AM
I did like the Fed-X commercial and yes the magical refrigerator was funny but IMHO they were few and far between and not up to the level of previous campaigns. I just didn't find the streaking sheep to be anywhere near as funny as when Bud ran Louie.

lee
02-06-2006, 06:59 AM
i agree and all the money and corperate time spend on some of them really makes you wonder what the company's didn't use for 30 second spots only like the fedx and the beer comercial

TBroccoli
02-07-2006, 12:02 PM
It was a crime. I feel there should be a standard for how the song should be sung. We have standards for how we treat the flag. The same should hold true for the song.

I can't believe what I saw last football season on a Monday night. The Eagles were playing at home against Minnesota. The National Anthem was sung by Boys to Men. It was bad enough that plenty of people in the stands kept their hats on, but so did two of the three Boys to Men. What dis respect.

ABC, Disney, and the NFL should be embarrassed.

People of this Country should start showing some respect for it.

dr
02-07-2006, 04:04 PM
I’m not a Whitney Houston fan but her rendition of the National Anthem was the best.

ChromeGorilla
02-07-2006, 04:20 PM
Dr...... I agree.... I don't care how much coke she does.... She still has one of the best ever renditions of the NA.

dfunde01
02-07-2006, 06:39 PM
Dr...... I agree.... I don't care how much coke she does.... She still has one of the best ever renditions of the NA.

During the World Series in Atlanta in the early 90's the Phantom of the Opera was in town and the entire cast sang the NA a cappella at home plate before one of the games. Hands down the best rendition I have ever heard.

Dave

TuxedoPk
02-07-2006, 07:03 PM
Now if I remember correctly, the SB NA was better than one of the renditions at a certain Padres game...

Last Tango
02-07-2006, 08:59 PM
IMHO,
National Anthem sucked
Stones sucked (I saw them LIVE in 1967 at Kent State University Homecoming Concert in the gymnasium, when I was a Freshman. They were awesome then, but hard to keep that rythm going when Mick Jagger is 62 years old, now.)
Steelers sucked, first half. Seahawks failed to capitalize.
Seahawks and officiating sucked second half. Steelers played mediocre and got away with it.
Nice to see Bill Cowher with a big smile on his face instead of the clentched jaw/jutting chin/slice of raw beef lips.
Seahawks came in counting their Super Bonus checks instead of coming to play 60 minutes of football.
I rooted for the Steelers 'cause I'm an AFC guy, and a dyed-in-the-wool Browns fan. But, I'm sorry to see The Bus has stopped running. Still, he picked the best of all possible moments to do so. Quit when you are WAAAYYY ahead! Smart thinking. A very popular guy goes home a big winner and with everyone in Pittsburgh wanting him to run for President.

Donzigo
02-08-2006, 09:58 AM
Agreed..............National Anthem. It sounded so lame, so weak, so unlike what we have come to expect with this anthem. I feel for our people in uniform overseas, who must have cringed at such a poor display of the image of what they are serving for...............

The Stones......it seemed to me that only one guitar and the drums were playing on the first two songs. The first song needs a big background sound, to make it reach..........so what happened? Then, on "Satisfaction"...........it sounded like someone was taking music lessons on the guitar. Heck, one of those Career Builder monkeys could have played better..........................I love the Stones; but, this wasn't their best perofrmance.