PDA

View Full Version : The Official Say Something Nice About Another Member Thread!

gold-n-rod
02-05-2006, 11:21 AM
I've spent the morning locked out of the site due to some malfunction. It's got me to pondering how much I enjoy coming here to read about boats and stuff. I'd sure be unhappy and bored if it wasn't available for me to partake.

These past few days have been kind of brutal for whatever reasons and I've only added to the mess. So, in the spirit of Donzi friendships, I'm starting this thread to try and turn our typing energies in a positive direction. Post something nice about another member.

I've already posted this week (see my "2 year anniversary" post) about how Brad Verd spent a Saturday looking over my boat and posting pics prior to my purchase. I also wrote about how Sam shipped me a prop and wouldn't take money until I was satisfied that it worked. So.....

I want to say something about DonCig. I think it was very generous of him to sponsor the most recent photo contest. I didn't enter because I didn't really have anything noteworthy, but it was very cool to be able to view the entries and see who was selected. And, the cost of the ink and paper for him to make prints of the winners (and ship them) had to have added up. Thanks, Don, that was pretty cool.

Randy, AKA "Buttercup" :wavey:

ChromeGorilla
02-05-2006, 11:27 AM
You know now Randy, your next Donzi needs to be yellow and named "Buttercup"....hehehehe :bonk: :wink:

I'll start it out.....

I think its a nice gesture that Randy started this thread about nicenes..... good job. :D

RedDog
02-05-2006, 01:16 PM
You know now Randy, your next Donzi needs to be yellow and named "Buttercup"....hehehehe :bonk: :wink:
I'll start it out.....
I think its a nice gesture that Randy started this thread about nicenes..... good job. :D
Chrome - it was so thoughtful of you to recognize Randy's efforts. That's an excellent job on your part :)

DonCig
02-05-2006, 01:25 PM
Randy, thanks for the kind note.

Don

Carl C
02-05-2006, 01:29 PM
I am new here and haven't met anyone in person but I love ya all. Even the guys who get on my case sometimes. I can't believe the talk of an "ignore list" on another thread. Cuda, ya old fart, enjoy the Super Bowl. GCarter, thanks for the deal on the exh. tips, Matty, I enjoy your humorous posts - keep 'em coming! Buttercup, thanks for starting this thread and hang in there - Michigan will thaw out soon!:wavey:

boldts
02-05-2006, 01:42 PM
Wow, who do I start with? So many of you have been there when I needed a helping hand, words of advise or just a smile to make the day better.

I have to give a big thank-you to each and every participant over the last 5 years who have attended AOTH. As I've offen said, you all thank me for making it happen, but without you and the excitement that each of you bring to the gathering, it surely wouldn't be the great gathering of friends it has become who have the passion of owning a Donzi boat.

So, I guess to start, a big, warm thank-you to each and every member here I've met over the last 6 years. You all hold a special place in my heart and memories. I hope those wonderful memories continue to expand!

Sam
02-05-2006, 02:50 PM
Group hug.................:smileybo:.

xxxooo
Sam

joel3078
02-05-2006, 03:13 PM
Hey I'm with Carl C. Never met anyone and I don't get enough vacation time to go to AOTH or we would be there. Happy Happy to all and stay healthy. Life is too short to piss and moan about the small stuff.

onesubdrvr
02-05-2006, 08:35 PM
OK,

I like Mr. Boldts would thank everyone that I've met from the board for the friendships, and fun. Cuda, Debbie, Mr. & Mrs. Catch 22 Jr. & Sr. GCarter, Chrome & Michelle, Baby Donzi & Lori, Ricky R & Lori, PMReed, Sweet 16 1966 & Shiela, Greg K, CrackerJack, LastTango.

Special thanks to Sweet 16 1966 - who literally put thousands of miles on his truck, and days of his time to deliver my new boat to me.

MadPoodle - for taking my boat in, and helping me get it into shape

DonCig - for sponsoring the photo contest

TxTaz - for spear heading the auction

Matty for the many laughs

Mr. Donnely - for the conversations on the twin turbo set-up :eek!:

MOP - for the many comedic e-mails, and endless ideas, suggestion, praise, and support for all my boating endeavours to this point.

Friends,
Wayne

Rootsy
02-05-2006, 08:37 PM
you are all groovy.

thanks to cliffy who sold me a boat that needs more work than that chick in that metallica video... and i really appreciate matty passing along the fuel tank from 16-410... :biggrin:

now, who wants to come help me sand fiberglass... :)

i have beer and a warm fire :beer:

JR

goatee
02-05-2006, 10:32 PM
(tears in his eyes as he aproches the podium)
first and foremost i would like to thank god, (even though im not in movies or from hollywood)
my agent, and all my sponsors.
randy for starting thread
chrome, for acknowledging randy
red dog , for acknowledging chrome
doncig for thanking randy , for thanking him.
hm, for running the site, where would we be without our harbor master?
matty and fish, for some of the best laughs i,ve had in front of this screen.
rtse, for keepin it real!
everyone who has ever given me the priveledge of riding along with them.
(those days are getting shorter)
in short,,,everyone.
ever since i first logged on, everyone has been so nice.

root,,just give me a holler. i'll help you out
hell, i used to do it for a living.

Lenny
02-06-2006, 12:59 AM
you are all groovy.
who wants to come help me sand fiberglass... :)
i have beer and a warm fire :beer:
JR

You know, I might need a break soon. :)

roadtrip se
02-06-2006, 09:47 AM
and so easy...
To Scott Boldt for AOTH and Boxy for 1000 Islands, two rallies I won't miss every year. To all of the other rally organizers, thanks!

To Dr. Dan for putting together some incredibly nice Donzi sportwear, pricing it fairly, and begging people to buy it.

To Rootsy, Cliff, Matty, Mario, Ole Red, Farmer Tex and all of the others out there who will spend hours tearing into an old Classic, think nothing of it, and show up at a rally with a beauty. Thanks for keeping the mystique alive.

To Bateman, Thriller, and Gerometta for buying, learning how to drive, loving, and enhancing the Blackhawk Donzi, one of the most misunderstood and maligned Classics ever built.

To crazies like Lenny and Owen, who will drive two thousand miles just to hang out with some Donzi buds.

I could go on, but I can see the hook coming...

txtaz
02-06-2006, 11:25 AM
I am thankful for my friends here. I have met more great people here in one place than I have anywhere.

"Computer help from Texas? Scary... but true...."

What's that about??? Yeah people in Texas have high IQ's and prefer not to work on fruit.

Special note:
I appreciate MadPoodle because he works hard and tries to keep this a great place for friends to gather. Most don't know what he has done, and he will never tell, but here is to doing a great job.

Da Taz

MrsDigger
02-06-2006, 12:13 PM
I think you are all very nice folks, and I'd buy any one of you a beer. Heck, I'd even let any of you folks with little boats climb on board Freedom if you needed to use the head...but only for #1! You fellas wanting to go #2 will have to go ashore or take your chances with the fishies.

Formula Jr
02-06-2006, 03:35 PM
To all the women that have posted here. What a brave thing to enter this little male space, toy boat world, and find it interesting!

gcarter
02-06-2006, 05:12 PM
Hmmmmm............
I want to thank MadPoodle for a timely, resonably priced supply of parts, and the loan of some spiffy boat dollies.
I also want to thank txtaz for setting up my server. It works great!! And Wes, Comcast finally got their "stuff" together and their cable finally is finally providing internet service. Can you ping it again?
I would also like to thank everyone that has helped with information and rides.
Also the HM for providing the site.
And finally I want to thank all the rest of you for putting up with me, and forgive me if I've offended anyone.

Lenny
02-06-2006, 05:39 PM
Heck, I'd even let any of you folks with little boats climb on board Freedom if you needed to use the head...but only for #1! You fellas wanting to go #2 will have to go ashore or take your chances with the fishies.

Darcy, the fellas with little boats don't need to use "Freedom" for #1, especially considering the temperature of the waters we gather in at Events, ... #2 IS THE ISSUE :D

slapshot11
02-06-2006, 07:14 PM
As a comparatively new member who doesn't post a ton, I've learned alot from you all. However, I must say that my PM's to MadPoodle have yielded a ton of info and advice as well as a great TURBO prop.

MrsDigger
02-07-2006, 05:27 AM
Darcy, the fellas with little boats don't need to use "Freedom" for #1, especially considering the temperature of the waters we gather in at Events, ... #2 IS THE ISSUE :D

Ack. It's always easier for "the fellas," as they don't even have to get off the boat. Perhaps I should specify...the ladies are welcome; menfolk, please do your business downstream!

Patti
02-07-2006, 05:57 AM
Ack. It's always easier for "the fellas," as they don't even have to get off the boat. Perhaps I should specify...the ladies are welcome; menfolk, please do your business downstream!
Damn right Darcy, they don't realize just how lucky they are in that respect :rolleyes: :rlol:

roadtrip se
02-14-2006, 12:54 PM
somehow this thread went into the porta potty, so I'm pulling it back out, so to speak!

To the Mad Poodle for getting early pictures of the move-in process going on in Miami. Thank you. But and a big BUT, where are the pics of the new Donzis?